Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: ideas  (Read 2695 times)

Tankman

ideas
« on: 30 Jul 2004, 17:26:55 »
i cant think of a good story for a campaign hust wondering if their was any story boards that i cud get ideas from

Jim666

Re:ideas
« Reply #1 on: 30 Jul 2004, 18:09:58 »
Search on google for like world war 2 missions. watcha  few war films to give you ideas, then just change them into flashpoint. thats how i get ideas anyway..

Dubieman

« Reply #2 on: 02 Aug 2004, 03:25:18 »
Try this place....

http://ofp.gamezone.cz/_hosted/stories/

;)
Tons of ideas...

Matt Walter

« Reply #3 on: 03 Aug 2004, 05:57:48 »
If none of those ideas are what you want, I can come up with loads of ideas for a campaign. Just tell me what type of missions you like (Ex: chopper missions, hold town missions, etc.), side you want to be, side you want to fight, countries involved, and so on. Hope I can help. :)

Tankman

« Reply #4 on: 03 Aug 2004, 08:14:54 »
thanxz mate, i was thinking of the americans versus resistance in a type of sieze control of island as terrosists have run loose and president has quit. i was thinking of a variety of missions has it might get boring just using one type of mission.

i was thinking of using the wargames add-on pack using the ranger units. any ideas wud be grateful

Matt Walter

« Reply #5 on: 03 Aug 2004, 23:43:10 »
Ok. The Republic of _______ (island you choose) has a coup. The new power is a fascists government that plans on taking the rest of the island as there first step. There second step is to invade other islands to extend there borders. The UN is threatened by them. They want to stop them before they get to powerful or are they already to powerful. US and UN forces invade the island (UN units would be good to have-you can still use the rangers). The first mission would be an invasion mission- from air or sea or both. The US and UN can take small towns and such, but later you can see the island is strong (you need to find a cool name for the fascist island).

From here they can retreat the island of something like in the original game story, or not- it just gives you new surroundings if you change islands. The "good guys" can build up power while fighting with the enemy- stopping invasions, liberating islands, and such. Then at the end, you take over the main island.

In the real world- if you're not happy with the UN- you can make them in the game be all stupid and let the US deal with the problem them selves after having to retreat. If you like the UN, you can make them help you all the way through the game.

Also, the island can threaten Russia (or the USSR- depends when the game takes place). An island that Russia owns is threat of an invasion by the new nation. Your character goes to the island to lend a hand to repeal the invasion. The cutscene could have your character in his US gear specking with Russians (Make sure the never fire option is on). During the mission you would be dressed as a Russian though. *Just an idea*

This will be a long campaign must likely.  :joystick:

If you need help with the actual mission plans, tell me. If you don't like the story, tell me. If you want me to change some things around- like the British help out-, tell me. If you want more details about the story (guess what), tell me.  ;)

Matt Walter

« Reply #6 on: 04 Aug 2004, 01:25:34 »
One more thing, Blunts idea is about a coup on an island that leads to US involvement.  :-[ I promise you I didn't read it before I wrote that.   :)

Tankman

« Reply #7 on: 04 Aug 2004, 08:27:11 »
thats exactly what i had in mind, sounds to be a great story fo the campaign, i will let you know if i need further help.

Tankman

« Reply #8 on: 04 Aug 2004, 10:37:53 »
i have got the first mission half way complete, it kinda of a extraction mission where us marines and delta force have to extract the president (no name yet). delta force are to be inserted by blackhawk to extract the president while us marines secure the perimeter. It goes wrong has the helicopter gets shot down at the insertion point kiloling the delta team, and the us marines get caught in a massive fire fight with the rebels.

The rebels capture the president, and get a way while the us marines are occuppied at the front of the town. (Lipany). (the island i choose is Nogova). I am thinking of reinforcements by chopper but that gets hit by a rpg and you have to make your way to that point and rescue any survivors before the rebels get their.

I got the idea from somalia has that campaign resembles what i am trying to achieve.

Matt Walter

« Reply #9 on: 05 Aug 2004, 03:05:13 »
I like where you're taking my idea. It sounds great so far! Nogova was the island I though that would be the best when I wrote the story. I like the idea of the chopper getting shot down and you look for survivors. There could be like a fire fight just before you find some survivors, and after. The next 1-3 missions should be behind enemy line. You could have them find out were the President is and rescue him, then try to escape the island (which you do). After that, Nogova becomes 100% under fascist control. The second step will commence, extending Nogova's borders.

...Of course, the U.S. won't let that happen.  
« Last Edit: 05 Aug 2004, 03:10:39 by Matt Walter »

Tankman

« Reply #10 on: 05 Aug 2004, 07:34:48 »
This is sounding like a great campaign, thanx for the ideas. i was reading the storyline you gav us again and thinking about basing it around two characters.

The first character is the Marine which you play in the first mission and there overall objective is to capture the facist leader and work along side the regular grunts to achieve there objective.

The second character is a normal grunt who takes part in the invasion of nogova and the roles of town siezing and attacks on postions when the marines have got what they need from there objectives. This ties the two parts together has one mission you will be infiltratiing enemy terrotory then next day you will be cleaning it out.

also i was planning to use another island maybe Malden or Everon which the Russians govern. This brings the Russians into the story. I was thinking that the Russians could be getting defeated and Americans offer there support but the Russians reject there offer and warn that any American/UN soldier on there island will mean war. (Not sure about this idea might keep them has friendly towards the Americans, just an idea)

what do you think or should i stick with one character

Matt Walter

« Reply #11 on: 05 Aug 2004, 18:31:40 »
I like it. It is a great to see more then one perspective in a conflict. You could even have one character get into a hopeless situation and the mission ends, the next mission is the other character helps him out of the problem- don't do it to much though, it would get old if every other mission a character gets in trouble, and the next mission is the other character getting him out of it.

Keep up the good work!   8)

Tankman

« Reply #12 on: 09 Aug 2004, 10:44:14 »
I have a couple of missions just wondering if you could give us a few ideas. I have changed the island to the Avignon island that has been released

SilentHunter_764

« Reply #13 on: 09 Aug 2004, 11:24:50 »
Hello guys.

This sounds great - is there any way i can help, some ideas maybe? im working on my mission @ the moment aswell, so maybe you might want to incoprerate some ideas? im not saying you have to, just giving an idea. for example:

17th july 1984, (campaign has been going for 5 missions or waht-not) :-X

Its a really rainy day, and the ______s are partolling the island, just doing the usual thing. Silently a US boat lands in the middle of no-where, and two highly trained guys land and move in to rescue ______. They get in there, grab the guy, but whilst leaving get captured >:(, so then another squad goes in to save them but gets into a huge firefight with the enmy upon rescuing the guys :P. Then you have to retreat, and you find a few locals who take you into their home and hide you ::). the next few missions could be attempting to get to a radio station or something to contact the US. while at the same time the US are planning a big invasion, and the day that you're on the radio to them, the invasion starts, etc etc. youknow the whole 'Behind Enemy Lines' thing. lol, you could even have some catchy rock song going too  ;D

Anyway i can  help i would 8)

LK

Tankman

« Reply #14 on: 09 Aug 2004, 11:45:57 »
yea sure you help, just need ideas for missions, i have updated the storyline since then: this is what it is now

The Republic of Avignon based 14 miles off of the coast of Estonia. The island is run by a group of renegade soviets. They believe in the days of the old USSR and want to prove to Russia that becoming allies with America and other EU nations will bring the end of the all mighty and powerful Russia. The new power is a fascists government that plans on building a strong army so that one day they can rise above the Americans and start another cold war has there first step. There second step is to invade other islands to extend there borders so that there capabilities become stronger and eventually become a strong and fierce nation. The Us is threatened by them and need to act quickly before it is too late. US ask the British for a hand in this war which they agree to and send 1,000 troops to assist the US in the War against terroism. Before the main assault on the island the US Marines are sent to take over their communication lines to stop the Russian Faction sending reinforcements and knowing what the UN and US are doing.  The second mission would be an invasion mission- from air and sea involving the Us Army and British forces. The British and US can take small towns and Enemy camps, but later on the enemy becomes to strong forcing the Coallition forces to retreat and leave the island.

The US spot Russian special forces on the island. There mission is to eliminate the Rebel presence but turn on the coalition forces when they invade. The US warn the Russians that if they don’t withdraw their troops they will open fire on them. This would cause the 2nd cold war or even worse world war 3.

When the Coallition forces retreat they end up on a neighbouring island of Everon, This island has been scopped for an invasion by the rebel Russian faction before the Coalition forces arrived on the island. The coalition forces hear about the plans a set up defensive postions and repel the invasion. The British how ever suffer massive losses in the defence of Everon and deicide that they cant afford to lose any more men and pull out from the war and leave the US in a dangerous postion.

any mission ideas would be welcome