Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Problem uploading mission...  (Read 1393 times)

Offline Clue

• Members
    • Clue's OFP Page
Problem uploading mission...
« on: 30 Jul 2004, 16:45:34 »
 I have just tried to upload a mission, but after going through all the stages of uploading the file and providing the links to the addons, the finished result (in the single player pending missions section) has error messages all over the place!   :-[

I'm sure I followed the instructions correctly... the file was a 3.9Mb zip file, and I know that the links to the addons are correct, so I have no idea what went wrong.   ???

Firstly, could you please remove the mission from the single player pending missions section, as anyone who tries to download it will only be frustrated by an error message? The file is called Plei To.

Secondly, is there any other way I can get this mission onto OFPEC, and hopefully get it reviewed? I already have it on some freewebs space.

Thanks in advance for any help or advice.

:)

Gooner861

Re:Problem uploading mission...
« Reply #1 on: 30 Jul 2004, 19:28:08 »
Try using the Ftp( or fttp) link thats provided, its much easier to use to upload ur mission. I used it and it uploaded fine.

Good luck

Gooner

Offline Clue

• Members
    • Clue's OFP Page
« Reply #2 on: 01 Aug 2004, 20:14:01 »
 I clicked on the ftp link... and was presented with a directory full of other mission zip files. I have no idea how to proceed!

Gooner861

« Reply #3 on: 01 Aug 2004, 22:50:59 »
Just get ur zipped file and drag it into the directory full of other zipped files. It shud than start to upload ur mission.

Gooner
« Last Edit: 01 Aug 2004, 22:51:48 by Gooner861 »

Offline Clue

• Members
    • Clue's OFP Page
« Reply #4 on: 02 Aug 2004, 11:41:01 »
Right... I've tried that... but the file starts to download onto my computer rather than upload onto the site! I've not used an ftp thing before so this ia all rather new to me I'm afraid.

Gooner861

« Reply #5 on: 02 Aug 2004, 13:01:06 »
I think ur getting confused wens its downloading  ;D . Wen u drag the file in the directory does a little box show up saying thats its uploading or downloading or woteva.

Nothing shud be downloading frm the site, its just ur file been loaded into the directory i think.

Gooner

Offline Clue

• Members
    • Clue's OFP Page
« Reply #6 on: 02 Aug 2004, 16:42:58 »
Nope... that's not it!    :-\

When I drag the zip file from my desktop into the directory window, the option 'Choose where to save the file' comes up. For example... if I choose to save in 'My Documents', then in about 2 seconds it says 'Download Complete' and the mission file from the desktop has been copied to 'My Documents'

And if I 'copy' the zip file from the desktop... the 'paste' option does not come up if I right-click in the mission directory window.

I seem to be stuck...    :-[
« Last Edit: 02 Aug 2004, 16:44:28 by Clue »

Gooner861

« Reply #7 on: 02 Aug 2004, 19:50:42 »
Im sorry i dnt really know wot ur doin wrong, all u do is drag ur zip file into the FTP directory, thats all i did and it worked. Maybe sumone else cud help, sorry i dnt see whats happening with wot ur doin?  :-\

Gooner