Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Police Standoff and other mulitplayer ideas  (Read 4703 times)

BLITZKRIEG_ROF

Police Standoff and other mulitplayer ideas
« on: 10 Jul 2004, 21:27:11 »
The other day, i'm cruising around Gamespy (which there are almost no OFP:R players for, but that's another post) when this dude named "RunAwayScientist" is beta-testing a mission he'd been working on. Anyway, it was a blast and a half. I'll tell you what it was like.

It's a police standoff that takes place in Lipany, Novogo. The large building in the center of town is a bank that has been invaded by five heavily-armed crooks (playable). A police peremiter has been established with lots of uniforms (regular AI cops) holding down the fort behind vehicle roadblocks. Outside, there's an element (team) of SWAT officers (also playable) trying to rescue the four hostages (not playable).

It was scripted such that the cops could arrest the bad guys and "rescue" the hostages, which would send them running to a safe zone. The bad guys could "rescue" the hostages, too, sending them out. That created the element of negociations. The goal was to save the lives of the hostages. The bad guys could negociate for a car to be moved around front, etc, etc, all the while the SWAT guys are trying to take the bad guys down and save the innocents.

I'll give you a summary of an average round-

-Starts
-SWAT teams creep closer to building, staying out of sight
-Negociations begin
-Food is demanded
-Food is delivered (just roleplayed) by a SWAT officer
-As suspect comes out to take food, he is challenged (you know, "Get on the ground! Drop the gun!"), while the rest of the team enters the back of the bank
-there's a short, violent shootout, some hostages are rescued, some bodies hit the floor.

Okay, that's one round. There's also the option of the bad guys to actually get away. They could jump in a car and drive off, never to be heard from again, etc, etc.

The point of this is, I'd like to see some standoff-missions bieng kicked around. It is possible to do anything with Opflash, and it's a shame that this genre is largely ignored (from what i've seen).

Other ideas i haven't seen much used...

...Escape and evade
...Manhunt
...Survival (like, stuck in a desert with one quart of water for five people survival)

BronzeEagle

Re:Police Standoff and other mulitplayer ideas
« Reply #1 on: 15 Jul 2004, 03:42:05 »
hey man if you could plz send me that mission.  chambersburg_00@hotmail.com

TH

« Reply #2 on: 18 Jul 2004, 03:38:56 »
me to=) Trigger_12234@hotmail.com

1shottokill

« Reply #3 on: 20 Jul 2004, 14:06:36 »
Me too lol  ;D declanmisiewicz@aol.com

SilentHunter_764

« Reply #4 on: 21 Jul 2004, 10:59:21 »
Police standoff? WOW! that sounds awesome, what about making the swat guys some of the U.N forces addon?  ???hmm... maybe.  ::)

LooseKannon :gunman:

:help:
« Last Edit: 25 Jul 2004, 04:04:18 by LooseKannon »

Dubieman

« Reply #5 on: 21 Jul 2004, 15:01:44 »
I love this idea. Instead of trying to reason with AI, which usually ends up in a shootout, you can reason with reg ppl. And all sorta thngs could happen.

Personally I'd like it if someone made a whole map full of robable or takeable places for crooks and the police can do as they please. Well the humans anyways, the AI would flock to the spot.

And if the ai get slaughtered then more are camcreated and bodies taken away.

Then randomize the whole thing and boom you got one hell of a mission for MP.;)

I remember another fun multiplayer idea. I dunno if any of you know Slash?
he made a Civilian RPG on Nogovo. You could be the police or a civvi. The police had a decent mount of money and starting weapons and vehicles. They were usually outnumbered by civvis though. They had there own prison and respawn area.

The civilians usually formed gangs and stole stuff and killed cops or killed other civvis who had big egos. But you had to get certain liscences and gun papers to buy certain cars or guns. You could goto work and get money. Steal it from stores or bank. Invest in life insurance so you won't lose 1/2 of it when you die, build a house, explore other islands still close to Nogovo...

And lots of other stuff I didn't mention. Its fun being either cop or civvi. Civvis aren't always killed, they can give up and be arrested for awhile and the other cool part is organizing gangs or mafias with other players. Theen we fought other civvis with the egos and warred against the cops it was a fun game that lasted about 5-7 hours usually. :beat:

I'm still tryin to find that mission though.....

Cool Z

« Reply #6 on: 21 Jul 2004, 20:53:19 »
Please please please send me that stand of mission too!

idshanks@hotmail.com

If it's less than 2 MB only please.

or else give me a link to a download please.

Thx in advance!

SilentHunter_764

« Reply #7 on: 25 Jul 2004, 06:56:20 »
This is set at the town hall in nogova right?  in the coutyard round the back is where the SWAT is approching from right? and the tanks and cops and stuff are out the front?

loosekannon :gunman:     :help:

minimilo

« Reply #8 on: 25 Jul 2004, 14:56:26 »
id like to have that mission too please, if its no trouble, send it to danatgeorge@aol.com and/or danatgeorge1@hotmail.com

thankyou

BLITZKRIEG_ROF

« Reply #9 on: 02 Aug 2004, 15:48:53 »
Send you the mission?

Aren't the files that one fishes out of the MP cache almost unusable? I've tried to get that mission out of there and host it, but it never works.

Dubieman

« Reply #10 on: 02 Aug 2004, 15:58:17 »
Just copy/paste it to MPmissions and it should work.

Jasper

« Reply #11 on: 02 Aug 2004, 16:41:19 »
Please may I have the Stand Off mision too?

the_oakster@hotmail.com

Trasher

« Reply #12 on: 04 Aug 2004, 19:21:20 »
thats sounds like an awesome mission can't he post it here at OFPEC ??? anyways like the idea   ;D plz post it at ofpec   :( does it uses the Fbi HRT units ???
« Last Edit: 04 Aug 2004, 19:32:35 by TrasheR (swe) »

BLITZKRIEG_ROF

« Reply #13 on: 08 Aug 2004, 19:30:27 »
Alright, okay, i'll give it a shot. I"ll try to get you guys the mission. Perhaps I could just attach it to a post...

too big

KoniaX

« Reply #14 on: 08 Aug 2004, 19:37:00 »
Create your own free website at www.geocities.com or www.freewebs.com

I prefer geocities just because Freewebs could never accept my .zip files for some reason.  ???
« Last Edit: 08 Aug 2004, 19:37:44 by KoniaX »