Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Nocturnal:hopefully a series  (Read 2373 times)

Dubieman

Nocturnal:hopefully a series
« on: 07 Jul 2004, 01:28:09 »
Hey ppl,
I came up with this idea and actually was able to build on it. The first mission is called Nocturnal. You are basically a mercenary going around and hittin jobs. Your a pretty succesful one too, you have associates that can help you on bigger ops. First of all, I have a face but no name for this guy. I need some help with this since I only come up with corny names like Vik Borsko or something stupid like that. :P

My first mission is made and being finished up now. You get hired by a crime lord from the malden island group, to rescue his brother from NATO (may have it as a malden police/national guard deal). The brother was caught in a drug deal and is being held temporarily. You must sneak in and rescue him before he is shipped off. He is wanted for many other things too so they will shoot him if nessasary. This is set in Cancon. You extract by boat and the outro shows the guy getting on the crime lords chopper while you must drop your weapon since your outgunned and you don't get paid. Blah blah blah....

I wanted to have a sequel to this later. Where you go after the guy. Kill a bunch of ppl in a Rambo thing and the NATO guys are loooking for you too. In the end you've realized what scum you have been dealing with and what bad stuff you did. So as the NATO guys go to arrest you as you surrender, you put the satchel down and end it all.
I need a name for this mission and some plot things ironed out.

After that, I was thinking prequel it like star wars. I'd have a bunch of ideas that can be used in the mercenary's younger days. Ideas for that are welcome too.

I'm doin this since the mercenary stuff that I've seen is kinda weak and I figured I'd have a go at it. :P :)

Response's welcome  ;D

Dubieman

Re:Nocturnal:hopefully a series
« Reply #1 on: 07 Jul 2004, 17:35:27 »
Well I have my first mission about ready, I'm beta testing it out now. (plz don't close this for advertising!) Anyways I found a decent name and have the first mission about worked out.

So really, I just need ideas for the second mission and the prequeled ones.

Thanks

Dubieman

« Reply #2 on: 12 Jul 2004, 22:33:19 »
Soo um no interest huh? :'( :noo:

C'mon now this is one of the only ideas that's actually being done and not talked about a lot... :P

Ahh whatever I'll think it up...:booty:

:gunman::help:

AnarCHy

« Reply #3 on: 13 Jul 2004, 09:32:57 »
you could make the next mssion (or even a few missions in) be turned around, where you are hired to take out the guy you were just working for.  You know, kinda like the GTAIII thing.

You start out talking with the guy about you cutting your ties with the first employer (like the Mafia/mob etc.) and he tells you to go and kill the guy, but they found out you were going to and they have an ambush set up.

So you get captured and well i haven't got a clue what to do after that.  You could just make this one of many different ways the campaign turns out.

e.g. one is happy, ones sad, one is weird, one makes people angry (etc., etc.)

Just thinkin' outta my bum tonight

Dubieman

« Reply #4 on: 13 Jul 2004, 16:22:31 »
Well that'd be good for one of the prequels I guess but I like the idea.

Maybe then you have to escape somehow... :P

Anyways I have the revenge thing in there, for the second part to nocturnal, you have to go after the guy who didn't pay and you have to kill him anything can happen I suppose.

:P

Gooner861

« Reply #5 on: 13 Jul 2004, 17:22:51 »
I like the idea of being a mercenary, i've always wanted to see missions like this. Never really seen any decent one's around.

Good luck with it  ;D

SilentHunter_764

« Reply #6 on: 23 Jul 2004, 12:00:42 »
I ahve an idead

What about the first mission is the one you first posted, and after you dies, the first 'flashback' is a bank robbery, and then escape by boat or car chase?

maybe, or maybe you steal a NATO tank?

hehe  8) ;D

SilentHunter_764

« Reply #7 on: 23 Jul 2004, 12:02:43 »
ooh-- actually

just ading on to that, when you die, maybe it all goes white and shows a flying image of youre lift in snipits, and then it going back into the game and then goes black, then white and then BOOOOOOOOMMMMMMM!!!! hehe, well, good luck

Cheers,

LooseKannon :gunman:

Dubieman

« Reply #8 on: 23 Jul 2004, 16:40:12 »
I will make a sequel to the posted beta mission, where you pursue the crimelord. Kill him along with about 20 others since you're bound to screw up and find the wrong place. Plus the Malden National Guard is after you, they act like the cops.

You kill the guy and then you have no idea what to do. You're sick of killing (WHAT!? :D) and want it to end. The Malden National Gard are POed and surround you. They want to execute you so my eway is better. They say drop you weapons, you do so and also place a satchel charge.
The guy goes, what the hell are you doing!?

Insert quote  "     " says merc as he hits the button.....

Does anyone have a decent saying or something for the merc to say right before he blasts everyone to sh!t? :P :)

Thanks for the interest...

Dubieman

« Reply #9 on: 23 Jul 2004, 16:42:19 »
Yea I like the bankrobbery idea. I dunno if I was gonna do any prequels (come before the first mission). I gotta see how interested I still am. :P

SilentHunter_764

« Reply #10 on: 25 Jul 2004, 06:48:03 »
he could say

I'LL BE BACK

a'la terminator syle.

heheh,

LooseKannon :gunman:    :help:

Dubieman

« Reply #11 on: 25 Jul 2004, 17:53:31 »
i'll be back...  after I blow my body into little pieces.... ::) :D

anything else... :P

Dubieman

« Reply #12 on: 25 Jul 2004, 22:45:52 »
Cool well I started on the second mission. Got my simple beachlanding intro done.

The merc guy comes to the beach on the stolen PBR and one of the crime bosses men spots him and tells his boss.

Now I'm on everon near that fuel station inbetween Lamentian and Montignac. They guy can either wait for a car which blows him off or take the bicycle to some house where a cutscene goes and the merc gets to use a car.

The whole reason for coming to the island is to kill the crime boss.  

Any ideas after that? Where the merc should screw up? Where the crime boss is? Where his men are? Interesting civvis? Police ppl looking for the merc?

Thanks ;)

Gooner861

« Reply #13 on: 25 Jul 2004, 23:54:38 »
U cud have sum civvis acting as undercover police/bodyguards sumthing like that.

How many bodyguards he got?

Maybe the merc puts a bomb on what he thinks is the crime bosses car somehow, but than the crime bosses daughter and/or wife cud get in instead. BOOOOOM!!! Now the crime boss will wanna be hunting u down and do nething to get u.

Thats were u cud have sum civvies as spies or undercover workers for the boss who will try and assasinate u. Wud be pretty cool to walk through a really busy town full of civvies and u wud have to try and spot who's trying to kill u through all the crowds.

Thats just sumthing thats come rite from the top of me head, what u thinking to do?

Gooner  ;D

Dubieman

« Reply #14 on: 26 Jul 2004, 04:13:16 »
I like the undercover civvis and the crowd. This mission can be totally different from the way Nocturnal was. No set objectives, just kill Demarko or hurt him.

I really like the attach bomb to car thing. I could use an addaction thing to attach the bomb to the car and you run away. Attach bomb exec "carbomb.sqs" from Joohn Gustafson's scripting guide, so once the car goes above 20mph or whatever I set it, the car goes boom! ;D

Then undercover civvis trying to get you in a crowd. That's cool. Maybe I could script him to fire a shot and then remove his gun to make it harder to spot him. GlcokS rounds landing near you? And no one has a gun that you can see? Ahh! I'd just grenade the lot of them. ;D

The crime boss has bodyguards all over cause Everon is his home island. I was thinking this mission could be a large one. Go whereever and do stuff... ::)
You won't be going to either end of the island though, that's too long.

Thanks Gooner, those sound like good ideas I can actually do. ;)