Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: LCD is back (its still misoin idea so look in)  (Read 4641 times)

Offline LCD

• Former Staff
    • Everon Cartel
LCD is back (its still misoin idea so look in)
« on: 22 Jun 2004, 10:35:25 »
not really :P i just wanna get into da mision competition thingy (me needs VBS1  ;D)

nd umm im thinkin bout som ideas nd u gonna help me so i can win  ;)

so dont spam this cuz u want me 2 lose or somin like dat (or just dont spam it if u armsty or som1 like dat) :P

nywayz here is wat i started thikin but im not sure  :-X

in da start (intro ? start of mision ?)  da player gonna die in som kool way...... nd den u go back in time 2 da start of da playerz operation...... im stil buildin da idea up so its not detailed but i wanna know if u think nythin like dat will catch nd if u have som ideas 2 how dis thing can b pulled up :D

every1 datll put idea dat ill use will get mentioned inda <span id="CREDIT" class=xxxxkeyword onmouseover="onmo(this);" onmouseout="inMenu=false;hide(this);">credit</span>s.........  :o  ;D nd if i get da lowest score ill send u da shirt if u ask me nice ;) :D

LCD OUT
« Last Edit: 22 Jun 2004, 10:53:47 by LCD »
"guess being the community has downsides .." - cheetah
Help Perfecting Da Next Best Thing - O-Team Beta

Offline dmakatra

• Members
  • Better known as Armsty
Re:LCD is back (its still misoin idea so look in)
« Reply #1 on: 22 Jun 2004, 12:20:47 »
YEAAAAAAAA! LCD HOW ARE YOU!!!

I was getting sceared! ;D

Now I have to change my signature. LCD is back!! ;D (EDIT: Done that :) )

;D ;D ;D

Anyway, I think this illegal in the mission competion, as everything has to be your own work. So I can't be in 'cause my mission I'm workin on 4 funcsis from ed depot. :'(

Nevermind, I am such a weedmofo. ;D

:beat: *Gets Shot* :beat:

EDIT: Heheh. Good for me that you went away for a while. Wanna race to 3000 posts? ;D
« Last Edit: 22 Jun 2004, 12:31:18 by The real Armstrong »

Offline LCD

• Former Staff
    • Everon Cartel
« Reply #2 on: 22 Jun 2004, 16:54:49 »
i told jo not 2 spam here :P ;) :D

nywayz :wave: hi 2 all ppl dat missed me nd ppl i dont know :D

if da idea is put here itspublic nd if ny1 told it 2 me i think it can count as premision ;) :D

nd now ny1 have somin usefull 2 say ?

LCD OUT

DBR_ONIX

« Reply #3 on: 22 Jun 2004, 16:59:59 »
Whatda about a Hitman 3 type thing (Shot, and you play the flashbacks)
Or.. The intro, a nuke goes of.. The one your team was meant to stop.. And you see all the consecuences (Or what ever ::))
If you fail, it lacnhes.. If you win, it doesn't get laucnhed..
Could be fun :P
- Ben

Gooner861

« Reply #4 on: 22 Jun 2004, 17:12:40 »
Hello there  :) .

Well i think sumthing like DBR_ONIX wud be neat. I dunno depends if u want ur mission to be really story driven or just to have neat effects etc in it or both  ;D . Lemme think bout a gud story/plot that cud be used along with a nuke or woteva.

I mean im sure u will want sumthing other than the usual" the russians have hidden a nuke, you have to disarm it", sumthing a little more interesting than that.

Cheers

Gooner

Offline LCD

• Former Staff
    • Everon Cartel
« Reply #5 on: 22 Jun 2004, 18:59:45 »
ill still need 2 make da nuke thingy ;) (mutants runin around n things ::))

but dat was ma idea 2 start w/ bad endin nd den let da player discover wat got him dere (nd da bad endin stayz... never played hitman 3 so i donno bout it)

nywayz i like da idea w/ da nuke n thing nd i like it dat u think dat somin like dat will work keep comin up w/ things.... i wannahave som detailed plot b4 i start buildin n i have kinda deadline 4 dat ;D

ill post w/ som ideas here wen ill have somin more detailed so keep spillin ur (krazy) ideas here

LCD OUT

Dubieman

« Reply #6 on: 22 Jun 2004, 19:55:24 »
Well I don't really know you LCD since I came in sorta as you were leavin so hello.:wave:

Idea1: Maybe not a nuke, I personally have heard this storyline many times and if you want a totally good mission, then it'd need kickass gameplay. However maybe the player is shown in the gutter, the worst of life, discarded and dejected. Maybe he or she is hunted for the things this person has done. So you go back through the times and play to become that filthy gutter bird. Not sure on an actual plot though...

Idea2: Today I don't see nukes as plausible means of destruction by low key organizations. I see bio weapons or chemical weapons as a bigger threat. A story revolving around that. Rescue the hostage scientist maybe. Kill the renegade scientist team who are scattered across the island. Something resembling that.

Idea3: Here is an original story by me that I am planning on posting at the story depot at ofp.info. You can have at it as you like and change stuff but don't destroy it. ;D

Drowning Pool
   You are major Albert (Al) Kowlesleski. You work for the NATO organization as a covert ops warrior. Your secretive fame is well known through the ranks and respect is around every corner. Your next assignment is one of the toughest yet. After receiving plastic surgery you have been tasked with infiltrating the Russian troop detachment on Kolgujev to investigate suspicions of an attack. The Malden islands are jumpy and you must find out what&#8217;s going on.  You are first shipped to Kolgujev secretively and you must find your target  Leuitanant and kill him, and hide the body. You must then masquerade as this Russian Lt. and put your language and culture skills to good use.

Go along with what they say and do and find out what they are up to. Your mission is as long as t takes you to be killed or find out what&#8217;s going on.

You have been masquerading and going on missions to other Soviet controlled islands in the vicinity of the Malden group. Many rebels have died at the hand of your rifle, people you supported in the past. But you must do this and you recieceve a field promotion. Your near Guba&#8217;s inner circle and you find that indeed the attack is going to happen and the Malden Islands will be Soviet again. Command now knows and the Malden group prepares the best they can without NATO help. It would look suspicious if NATO troops were just sitting on the beach waiting for naval troops. Command tells you to stay the course and attack rebels with your new Soviet comrades. Your real job is to secretly handicap the Russian war machine so that once NATO brings all the force down, the Russians should crack like an egg.

Problem is that Guba has heard of your supreme fighting talents against the rebels and by personal order makes you Spetz Natz. This compromises your mission, you must start assainating NATO commanders the same people who lead you. You must carry out assaults on NATO convoys, killing your buddies in cold blood, and finally you face off with your best friend in a vicious gun fight on a frontier camp ambush killing him. You must play this part for you have not been alone or had a chance to escape your role, otherwise the Russians would surely know. They are ticked off now since NATO joined the battle and you&#8217;ve seen bumblers shot for screwing up. Command has stopped talking to you, you are not sure why.

A few days later in a base a bullet whistles through your tent and destroys the TV that was showing a live CNN report on the Malden islands. You take cover as sniper rounds ping and slap the ground around you, your only shield is the overturned table. Finally the shooting stops and a BMP rushes off to seek and destroy the attacker. The next day a mortar attack decimates your former home where the sniper attack was when you leave to patrol. Things are getting suspicious. You seem to think things are going wrong, both sides want you dead should you reveal your identity to the Soviets and NATO considers you a hostile mutinous bastard. You&#8217;ve seen shadows near the roads all the time and you try to catch a ride in APCs as much as possible since a URAL you were riding in the back of had the front end blown off by a LAW. You narrowly escaped time and again. What do you do?

Your only chance is to get away, dress as civilian and live out your life, get a boat, or sneak your way back through Soviet supply lines and find some way to leave this hell this drowning pool...

But if you do win and get VBS1 then I'd like a Tshirt since that'd be cool to have. :P ;)

@armstrong you are actin like a fan of a celebrity here, actually all over OFPEC. you sound like your excited like a little school girl seeing Tom Cruise.... :D :P
Keep it up though, its entertaining..... :D

Good luck LCD
« Last Edit: 22 Jun 2004, 19:56:47 by GuiltyRoachKilla »

DBR_ONIX

« Reply #7 on: 22 Jun 2004, 22:12:12 »
Well I don't really know you LCD since I came in sorta as you were leavin so hello.:wave:

Idea1: Maybe not a nuke, I personally have heard this storyline many times
Hmm, yeah.. Suppose

Idea2: Today I don't see nukes as plausible means of destruction by low key organizations. I see bio weapons or chemical weapons as a bigger threat. A story revolving around that. Rescue the hostage scientist maybe. Kill the renegade scientist team who are scattered across the island. Something resembling that.
Ditry bombs! :)
Y'know the nuclear waste tied round a HE Bomb..
Just a bit out of a book (Liberation day, Andy McNab)
Basicly the terrorists, funded by the Hawalladas (Old money transfereing thing)
They plan on doing similtanous attacks though out (Mainly) the USA..
Drive a 1000KG bomb wraped with nuclear waste, it iradiates an area ~100KM2
At the same time, a bunch of smaller bombs, people run in to a shopping mall, an air port, where ever..
All at the same time..
But, if the bombers don't get they're families pays, they ain't going anywhere..
So you have to take out (Well, first find) the Hawaladas, stop the bombings...
That could be mutated into something a bit different, so it's not like the book too much.. Could be a nice open ended (If you add more objective type things in).. Lots of different ways to do thing.. Maybe you get more points for capturing them alive, rather than blowing there heads of. Get more points if you get the people who are transferring money though the Hawalladas (They basicly say a codeword, and an ammount, and fax/email/phone the ammount and codeword, and sort the money out how ever they want.. It's been around for hundreds of years)
Ooh, and maybe if you find drug dealers (They contribute money to terrorism), you get more points..
And if you scatter sources around the place, it gives the palyer more stuff to do..
maybe (heh), a quiz type thing at the end, to see how much you've found out (Like who was the source c. A ex-drug user, B, an ex-terrorist etc..), and use the addrating thing.. Give them a score accoring to how well they did.. It might give people the incentive to try again, get a better score etc
:)

Drowning Pool
Ain't that a band ::)
:P
(It is)

You are major Albert (Al) Kowlesleski. You work for the NATO organization as a covert ops warrior. Your secretive fame is well known through the ranks and respect is around ev......................drowning pool...

Long enough? :P
But I'm not sure about the "Guba-does-something" missions.. The guy exisited, and didn't do any of this.. Now, if you replaced him with Gubba, he (probobly) hasn't exisited, so it's instantly more belivable..

@armstrong you are actin like a fan of a celebrity here, actually all over OFPEC. you sound like your excited like a little school girl seeing Tom Cruise.... :D :P
Keep it up though, its entertaining..... :D
Agreed :P Heheh

Good luck LCD
Yup :D

Oh, Hitman 3, you start of with a bullet in your stomach (In a remotely located hut thing), and you keep having flashbacks, and they are the missions..
Not played it much (3rd level, is all)

Gd luck mate :)
- Ben

Offline LCD

• Former Staff
    • Everon Cartel
« Reply #8 on: 22 Jun 2004, 22:34:06 »
@ GRK (ur name is 2 long :P)

im 1 of da vets ;) master scripter nd things like dat (armsty will give ya full cover on da history if u axe him prooly ;)) ;D

as 4 da ideas

i want da player 2 die in da end so mebe not bout da 1st idea :P

i think u right bout da nuke thingy.... not realy want da scientists thingy but it makes me think

bout da third idea :wow: well thought out nd very impresin kool thingy :thumbsup: donno if it suits me tho ;) :P

-----------------------------------------

as 4 me i tho bout it a lil

me things deres 2 events dat gonna happen in game

1) da player gonna triger da WMD release (nd die w/ dis)

2) da plyer can choose 2 switch sides

but im stil thinkin how dis things wil hapen........ ny ideas ?

LCD OUT

[edit]
it takes me hrs 2 write a post ::)

didnt c da one from onix so ill respon here

i usualy let play resistance or russian so no bad guba nywayz ;) :P

as 4 ur 2nd idea mebe ill use som elements from it... i dont wanna make 2 meny cutscene atmosphere thingy (i suck @ dos ::)) but everythin u ppl say jsut get me thinkin more

:D

thanks both 4 da g'luck ;) :cheers:

btw if ny of u have ideas 4 how da cutscenes shud go (as i said i can never get dos right) u can right som of em or mebe test em (wen dey come ;D) nd give me ideas 2 makin em beter
« Last Edit: 22 Jun 2004, 22:46:39 by LCD »

Offline dmakatra

• Members
  • Better known as Armsty
« Reply #9 on: 22 Jun 2004, 22:51:35 »
What about the player siezed a town and then holds it against a counter attack? Very original. ;D

Offline LCD

• Former Staff
    • Everon Cartel
« Reply #10 on: 22 Jun 2004, 23:09:47 »
onix check ma edit ;) :D

@ armsty

very funny ;D

not :P

btw did armsty post nythin bout me being back around here ?(ny meaninless shit near his post or somin like dat ? link ?)

Offline dmakatra

• Members
  • Better known as Armsty
« Reply #11 on: 22 Jun 2004, 23:23:02 »
Uh, no. Got in my sign though, no link.

Anyway, I have an idea, no time before to write.

The player is a mercenary. 3 fractions/countries/companies/whatever fight for one of the Malden Islands, would recommend Nogova. You decide whom to work for. You can only buy stuff from the side that you work for (example you can only buy M16s when you work for yanks) but you can change whom to work for any time. He will get missions from any of the armies when he works for them but he can also just feck about and do his own race, although he won't get much money then so he can't buy equipment/vehicles/hire men.
The cool thing about this would be the dynamic AI. All three sides will react and respond to each others actions and they will take and lose towns, etc, without player putting his nose in. Just like in real life. This will cause lag but you can reduce that with GLs with scripted values of units. So when player leaves area the GL will script in the forces of the units in that area so it can be createunited when he returns.

Offline LCD

• Former Staff
    • Everon Cartel
« Reply #12 on: 22 Jun 2004, 23:42:59 »
if i had 1 year i wud have tried 2 shot 4 dat armsty....... remember dat every mision needs taam 2 beta nd things

nd 2 make mini campaign w/ 4 sides nd all........ dat will b 2 long even if i work day n night.... but i kinda busy ;) :P

LCD OUT

Offline dmakatra

• Members
  • Better known as Armsty
« Reply #13 on: 23 Jun 2004, 00:08:15 »
as 4 ur 2nd idea mebe ill use som elements from it... i dont wanna make 2 meny cutscene atmosphere thingy (i suck @ dos ::)) but everythin u ppl say jsut get me thinkin more

btw if ny of u have ideas 4 how da cutscenes shud go (as i said i can never get dos right) u can right som of em or mebe test em (wen dey come ;D) nd give me ideas 2 makin em beter

You might want to see O Neil, OFPEC's cutscene guru. Maybe he'll work something out for you. :)

Offline LCD

• Former Staff
    • Everon Cartel
« Reply #14 on: 23 Jun 2004, 02:48:44 »
oneil ?

i think i remember him was kinda n00b :P

nd a spammer somin like u.... just worse

but den dat was ages ago ;)

LCD OUT