Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Realism question  (Read 1415 times)

Gooner861

Realism question
« on: 13 Jun 2004, 19:10:45 »
I was just wondering about sumthing in a mission ive just started to make. How wud..... or even better wot tactics wud an army use in this situation.

Rite u know kinda that sum city is storing weapons, explosives etc and is helping sum militia create bombs etc. How wud an army react to this knowing that the area is full of well armed militia that cud result in huge casualties for ur troops. And if the militia know an attack is taking place they cud quite easily and quickly take the stuff and bugger off. Wud an all out assault be the first option or wud u have to do it another way.

By the way the militia are not ur enemy straight away as u r not certain of their actions and they are not certain if u know about what they hold etc etc.

I know it may sound abit weird or dumb, i wud just like to know what u think wud b a realistic option for an army to undertake.

Cheers Gooner.

BronzeEagle

Re:Realism question
« Reply #1 on: 13 Jun 2004, 20:09:49 »
First off let me say that this is a very nice mission.  You got militia hiding weapons n stuff all through a city amongst civillians.  you should throw in a trigger that if you cause civillian casualty its game over.  They wouldn't use artillary.  It'd have to be a precision strike, meaning soldiers.  Okay so theres the possibility of friendly fire so they'd be briefed like days before.  I'd expect gun placements throughout the city perimeter to keep folks out and defend it.  I'd have my boys sneak in at night and get those weapons using silenced guns, but a small force.  (See Navy Seals starring Charlie Sheen)

PathFinder

« Reply #2 on: 14 Jun 2004, 00:38:35 »
Hi,

How would the seals sneak in? the weapons are hidden you wouldn't have a clue where to look. just a thought.

Ok, i imagine it would be something like this.

-An attempt to negotiate/talk with the militia offering a peacefull solution.

-Pamphalets would be dropped for pyscwar.

-the power would be cut off to the city via Laser guided bomb to the power source.

-water would then be cut off.

-More attempts at getting a peacefull resolution.

If by now the militia have not surrenderd and are staying for a fight an assault through the use of Infantry and Mechanized infantry would take place, with the support of Helicopter Gunships and a c-130 spectre gunship.

To prevent the militia from escaping blocking forces would be set up and air survailence (sp?) would be set up.

Cya, Pathfinder.

Dubieman

« Reply #3 on: 14 Jun 2004, 01:30:08 »
Maybe something like surround the place to keep any escapees from running. Not sure if water etc would be cut due to NATO bitching about the civvis. More lke a bunch of precision attacks to nab militia leaders to detiorate the hierarachy to crap. Something resembling Black Hawk Down.... ::)

Dubieman

« Reply #4 on: 14 Jun 2004, 01:33:07 »
One more thing.

I think that any helo support would be by MH60 or UH60. Not ac130 gunships or apaches/cobras. The guns on the ac130 and cobra/apache would tear into the city like a scythe. Maybe killing many civvis. A blackhawk or chinook with two or one(due to OFP) machine guns like the browning or the M134 minigun might be a better choice.

Once again, reminiscent of BHD.

Gooner861

« Reply #5 on: 14 Jun 2004, 08:18:06 »
Thanks guys for the ideas.

Just wondering though in this scenario the military are not 100% sure that this town/city holds weapons etc. So wud they dare break any thin peace with the militia by attacking there town and finding nothing.

Would patrols be set up in the town to gather intel and see the mood there seeing that at that time they are "friendlies".
« Last Edit: 14 Jun 2004, 08:18:50 by Gooner861 »

Offline Pathy

• Former Staff
  • I'm not a F***in llama!
    • Volcbat.
« Reply #6 on: 14 Jun 2004, 14:01:07 »
British Army: Get as much 1st hand intel as possible, flood the streets with men, talk to the locals, clear out every building (with soldiers), conduct regular patrols, both on foot and armour, set up road blocks to hinder militia movement.

In short, prevent it from ever really blowing up into a full scale conflict by stopping the militia moving and getting supplies, making it too difficult to operate for the enemy.

Best peacekeepers in the world, but would probably make for a boring mission (unless you end up in a bayonet fight like in Iraq)  :)

Gooner861

« Reply #7 on: 14 Jun 2004, 14:05:25 »
Ok thanks i think i know wot i will do now.

Another thing but this is about placing mortars in defensive positions, would they tend to be at he front or at the back of a city?

Offline desper8

• Members
  • REBEL Council member
    • http://rebel.clanzone.at/board/
« Reply #8 on: 17 Jun 2004, 23:50:10 »
i think they would just drop a nuke....

well if i was incharge that will be the case
friendly clan battle any one?
PM me

Dubieman

« Reply #9 on: 17 Jun 2004, 23:57:55 »
Who's controlling the mortars?

If its the rebels then they would probably put the mortars near the front lines, kinda middle city so they could drop mortars past the enemy lines, that would be my thinking, if its at the back of the city there may be a danger of hitting your men. So if an enemy assualt failed or was in the works a few shells sould keep them in place.

:)
« Last Edit: 17 Jun 2004, 23:59:17 by GuiltyRoachKilla »