Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Need input for a mission using addons  (Read 1824 times)

BronzeEagle

Need input for a mission using addons
« on: 13 Jun 2004, 18:52:45 »
Okay guys, I got an idea for a guy hired to take out a team of assassins one by one.  Each mission will involve the guy taking out one assassin.  I'm going to have alot of assassins too.  I'm going to say right now that each member of the trouble makers mc malden is going to be targeted for take out.  This is going to be a good thing.  Any scenes you guys would like to see?  Any scenarios?      
« Last Edit: 13 Jun 2004, 20:23:38 by BronzeEagle »

Gooner861

Re:Need input for a mission using addons
« Reply #1 on: 13 Jun 2004, 22:37:24 »
Just make sure that each "hit" on an assasin is a different one, try not to make them all shooting ones. Blow them up or try other techniques to make it more varied and more enjoyable.

Dubieman

« Reply #2 on: 14 Jun 2004, 01:25:33 »
How about one of those capture scripts, like if one assasin loses all his bodyguards then he surrenders and you have to take him back for questioning. You could randomize it to, so he might not go quietly, he might go guns blazing.

BronzeEagle

« Reply #3 on: 14 Jun 2004, 03:03:03 »
ofp assassin techniques...

car bomb
ambush
snipe
hit and run with car
phone booth bomb

I think that covers the five members.  But lets say I wanted to do more assassinations.  Can you guys think of more hits?

Offline macguba

• Former Staff
    • macguba's operation flashpoint page
« Reply #4 on: 14 Jun 2004, 14:28:17 »
Break into target's house at night and shoot him.

Blow up the bridge he is crossing.

Helicopter gunship fires missile at his car (currently very popular)

Poison his drink when he goes to the bog while sitting in/outside a pub/cafe

Strokefist him when he is alone in the church waiting for confession

Invite him on a boat trip, take him to a tiny island, persuade him to get off and leave him there to drown when the tide comes in.

Borrow a tank and shell his house

Set up a fake roadblock

Drive by shooting

Booby trap his front door

Get him into your plane, take him for a ride and eject him over the sea

Plenty of reviewed ArmA missions for you to play

Dubieman

« Reply #5 on: 14 Jun 2004, 21:09:50 »
Borrow a tank?

Hello Col. Blake, if you don't mind I'd like to borrow Lt. Hammer's M1A1 for 20 minutes, I'll pay for gas and the shell I'm going to use. ;D :D

BronzeEagle

« Reply #6 on: 14 Jun 2004, 22:06:28 »
this is turning out really cool.  maybe i could have the assassin be a ninja for hire.  then for the last mission he'll retire and all his ex ninja friends will come after him.  instead of a gun he'll use a crossbow.    
« Last Edit: 14 Jun 2004, 22:17:00 by BronzeEagle »

Gooner861

« Reply #7 on: 14 Jun 2004, 22:43:47 »
U really want to make a mission with ninja's dnt u  ;D .

I say just leave out the ninja's and just concentrate on being an assassin.

;D

Dubieman

« Reply #8 on: 15 Jun 2004, 03:51:44 »
Okay how about this, 2 out of the five guys are ninjas with crossbows, swords, the works....

Anyways the other guys are reg assasins kinda like you. The ninjas are sneaky little bastards though. They have ppl to look like them so you knock off any guards and the fake guy so you walk up to admire your work when WHAM, a crossbow bolt lands next to your foot and some guy comes running yelling fanatically at you with his sword. Then you spin around a flatten him with your UZI. ;D  Or have him drop from the ceiling or something like that...

I've watched too many Jackie Chan movies.... :P ::)

edit: I said frop instead of drop and ore instead of or....
« Last Edit: 15 Jun 2004, 03:52:55 by GuiltyRoachKilla »

BronzeEagle

« Reply #9 on: 15 Jun 2004, 06:52:36 »
lmao.  Okay so...a motive is all thats missing.  Is my guy hired to kill assassins kinda like a cleaner?  that'd be neat.  A cleaner.  Oooooh..   who only uses guns btw.  

Dubieman

« Reply #10 on: 16 Jun 2004, 02:33:13 »
No vacums or mops?! Your missing out! :D

MSG Bushmaster

« Reply #11 on: 17 Jun 2004, 23:52:23 »
I think it sounds like a great mission...As far as motivation,,let me get a little "Hollywood" here for a moment. How about this.

You are trained Government assassin...You have a Brother back home who has moved with his wife to a small town and joined the local law enforcement agency. After being on the force for a while, he discovers that most of the Police force, as well as, some of the local High ranking public officials are in league with a local biker gang. He discovers that the dept. he is working for is not only sharing in the profits of the biker gangs drug & arms trade, but are also helping to eliminate the gang's competition. He decides that since no-one can be trusted locally, he will turn to the feds. But before he can do that, he is out one nite with his wife, and comes across a roadblock. As he pulls up,he notices several armed bikers, and a few of his fellow officers, including the chief. He tries to escape,but they open fire, killing him and his wife....Would make for a nice intro I think.......Anyway....the mission Idea sounds great, and I love that addon pack....Good luck with it.

Ade

« Reply #12 on: 04 Jul 2004, 21:38:55 »
Definitely some great potential scenarios.  You could have a good mix of sneaky and shooty missions and perhaps one or two characters like old friends who help you out - should any of these be killed, further Hollywood points can be scored as the main character gets upset about it.

Just promise there'll be no straight-to-video sequels with Robert Patrick   ;)

Ade