Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: my campaign  (Read 2206 times)

MuSe

my campaign
« on: 09 Jun 2004, 15:24:04 »
I'm working on a campaign, (like no shit) and i need 1 or 2 other mission designers to help out and speed up the process, i've started working on 2 missions and planned several others. If anyone wants to join in can reply here or e-mail me: ludicrous_fragga@hotmail.com

Gooner861

Re:my campaign
« Reply #1 on: 09 Jun 2004, 15:27:54 »
U cant recruit in here m8, thats wot the recruiment depots for  ;D

OrangeLeader

« Reply #2 on: 09 Jun 2004, 16:00:07 »
What are the missions about? This thread can generate atleast ideas for you, but no recruting.

Offline Sui

• Former Staff
    • OFPEC
« Reply #3 on: 10 Jun 2004, 10:49:18 »
Hey Muse...

as stated above, we don't allow recruitment via the forums.

If you're looking for a hand, try posting in the Recruitment Depot. ;)

This thread will stay open on the condition that it's used to discuss your campaign idea and not recruitment.

Good luck with it :)

Offline sim

• Members
  • Hot! Real hot! Damn Hot!
« Reply #4 on: 10 Jun 2004, 18:46:03 »
hey

Whats the campaign about??     ;D

sim
The Unsung Campaign Team Leader

MuSe

« Reply #5 on: 11 Jun 2004, 13:07:43 »
My campaign is about a spec ops unit created from ex-cold war troops to deal with the militia/terrorists that were formed from the remaining soviet troops who operate from kolgujev and are taking over everon and plan to do the same on nogova and malden. The campaign starts with you at the firing range although addons won't be included until the campaign is finished. The first mission is a raid on a airfield (nogova) and the police have setup roadblocks on the south and north roads to prevent an escape by the terrorists. One other mission is to capture a terrorist leader at night but you must destroy his jeep before you attack the camp otherwise he'll escape. LAW round will do the job. The response to this is the terrorist storm the nogovan embassy (victor's office) and hold the embassador hostage. 3 Teams take part in the assault. One team in hummers and the other two in choppers. All teams insert just outside on the fields around lipany and move in from there but you give the orders to the other 2 teams, like stop, move, danger etc..... Another cool mission is undercover on everon where you arrive at the airfield and meetup with an agent who takes you to his home, gives you your gear and a vehicle. From here you must observe movement on everon. You extract by boat. That's about it so far. Some missions on kolgujev have been planned too. possibly will use Delta/Rangers and JAM weps addons during creation. Some ideas would be approved too.

Gooner861

« Reply #6 on: 11 Jun 2004, 20:07:57 »
Just one thing when you have to go get the terrorist at night, if u wanted to get rid of him so bad than wudnt u just send a missile in2 the house and that wud b him gone. Suppose maybe u cud use that in the story. U thinks he's in that house so u get a fighter jet to bomb it. U think missions duns, its ova. But wot they dnt know is he wasnt there or he got in time i dunno.

Good luck with it, sounds good.  :)

Homefry31464

« Reply #7 on: 12 Jun 2004, 01:27:57 »
Just one thing when you have to go get the terrorist at night, if u wanted to get rid of him so bad than wudnt u just send a missile in2 the house and that wud b him gone. Suppose maybe u cud use that in the story. U thinks he's in that house so u get a fighter jet to bomb it. U think missions duns, its ova. But wot they dnt know is he wasnt there or he got in time i dunno.

Good luck with it, sounds good.  :)

Or you could just say the island is in enemy territory, so we can't send in bombers....

MuSe

« Reply #8 on: 14 Jun 2004, 10:28:47 »
Or you could just say the island is in enemy territory, so we can't send in bombers....
Or you could say you need to capture him to get intel. Which is the idea.  :P :D After this mission the terrorists raid the embassy demanding his release. There arent to many missions on nogova.

MuSe

« Reply #9 on: 16 Jun 2004, 14:28:48 »
I started working on the undercover mission on everon. You land at the airfield and meet your contact there. He then takes you to montignac, where he lives and gives a bike nad gear for the recon op. After this you are then free to leave and complete the objectives. You must observe the depot and the castle. Later in the campaign the castle appears to be a comms center which you sneak in at night to destroy. Also there's an area in the hills in south of everon with 2 artillery cannons and a big brown building, any1 got any dieas on what i could use this area for in a mission? ideas for anything i've said above would be grateful. Almost finished the airfield raid mission. Just needs a few more things placed, overview and custom pic and briefing plus a little bit of script. I'm working on plcing enemy troops inside the office buildings to the north of the airfield (nogova), i havent played any missions which have troops placed inside buildings.

MuSe

« Reply #10 on: 18 Jun 2004, 14:58:20 »
Here's the latest:

Airfield raid now only requires briefing and AI work. Training mission 1/2 complete 10 missions planned. Airfield Raid may be available for testing on monday with any luck. Gonna start on embassy storming mission this afternoon.  ;)

MuSe

« Reply #11 on: 28 Jun 2004, 15:03:10 »
I've just uploaded my first mission to the beta testing area.

MuSe

« Reply #12 on: 12 Jul 2004, 13:04:17 »
I'm thinking about creating an intro for my campaign. He's my idea.

Black in with music, black ops dropping in by parachute at dawn and get into position to assasinate militia officer When hes killed team go to LZ and a blackhawk arrives and it takes off then fades to black and credits begin. Once credits are finished  the training mission loads.

AnarCHy

« Reply #13 on: 12 Jul 2004, 14:28:46 »
. Also there's an area in the hills in south of everon with 2 artillery cannons and a big brown building, any1 got any dieas on what i could use this area for in a mission? ideas for anything i've said above would be grateful.

Do you still want ideas for this in a mission?  I have one:

You start out, at the bottom of the hill/valley thing, and you have to get up to the artillery base which has been pouring hell onto the civvies below (for fear of an uprising resistance in the civvies), and you have to get up there and sabotage the arty's ammo and the artillery itself (a cool outro/cutscene with a huge explosion would be nice here).  But when you are on the way up there are lots of patrols in the little valley thing, and if you are caught, they "radio" the arty base and they open up on you with the guns.  Yes, i realize that the guns are static but you could use an arty script or summin to get that effect.

And if you dont need the idea, i don't care much, I am still sleepy after, what, about 22 and a half hours 'o sleep (8pm till 6pm).  Too groggy to care.

MuSe

« Reply #14 on: 13 Jul 2004, 10:14:38 »
Actually it is a good idea. Would be one of the last missions of the camapign. The final mission you have to clear the southern mountains round the castle area and kill the militia general. Both hard missions. Militia elite hunter units, M2 gun positions, 8 man patrols and t-55 tanks.