Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: WTF 13 MEGS!!!!!!!!!!!!  (Read 3147 times)

Commando

Re:WTF 13 MEGS!!!!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #15 on: 11 Jul 2004, 16:18:45 »
13 megs! How fantastic, you have to have some very good music in it i hope  :D

When i read everyone's posts i just had to post my views here that will shock 56-k'ers  :o

I make mp missions alot and usually coop's that me and my friends play but someday i hope that i can finnish a mission the 110% and not 90%  ;)
 love custom music and i have been putting music in my missions since the 1.30 days of ofp. My missions are usually between 6-15 mb in filesize and i rarely get complaints from my friends about the size, its usually about mission having to many enemies and scripts that lags it down sometimes  :P
So i got somewhat sad when i read that you guys didn't like mission to be 13 mb's. Some large large missions i think justifies great music and more than 1 track that can give people something to listen to when sneaking or running in like crazy attacking that big enemy base that will call in the a.i back ups and all that and when you sit in a truck or boat or chopper waiting for like 2 mins or 15 mins to reach your next objective or just some very "roxxor" music when you are involved in some very intense and fast firefights where the enemies come's from just about every corner every hill parachuting in around you and your buddy flying the F-18 trying to shoot down those anoying hinds and mig-29's  ;D.

For me ofp is more than a game , its like a big experience that just holds you tight and makes your ehart go warm sometimes when you see a very nice sunset or listen to a very atmospheric track and realizing that the mission was da best you ever played and that ofp is such a great game where everything can happen and almost everything can be done, anyone every tried to outrun a hind on motocycle or tryingto escape in a mark 2 bpr chased by 3-5 russian patrol boats know what i talk about.

When i read about the official mission competition had a limit on 5 mb in filesize on the mission i got a bit sad but i then realized that i just have to coupe with the fact that i have to convert the music track/s to smaller sizes and that sometimes can make the music sound very bad in worst cases or just not as god quality. I love ofp and i love custom music in missions, i just don't feel the same about missions with no music in them..  :-\

Well you guys said some good stuff about no one want to download a 13 mb mission that sucks bur for me it goes pretty fast , maybe 5 mins in slow case but i don't have 56-k so i don't have any experience about it exept that it is a bit slow. I have  a big problem with my own creations being to laggy , anyone that knows any good tricks exept removing enemies? I use group link script 1.54 in my mission and it uses only  11 addons so far, i got missions that uses 20 addons and i downloaded a special mfcti mission that used like 40 addons!  :o but most of the addons where good addons but even i thought that was like overdoing it a bit  :)

Gooner861

« Reply #16 on: 11 Jul 2004, 16:23:05 »
It not 13 megs anymore luckily, i managed to put it right down to about 3-4 megs. Bu i agree with u that custom music does add that extra bit of atmosphere to OFP's gameplay.

Gooner

Offline Messiah

• Honourary OFPEC Patron & Drinking Buddy of Wolfsbane
  • Honoured Contributor
  • OFPEC Veteran
    • Project UK Forces
« Reply #17 on: 11 Jul 2004, 19:09:43 »
try using .rar instead of .zip as well... on a 6mb zip, you can make it into a 4mb .rar - although does depend on some files, some .rar can work wonders with, others there is no point really as zip and rar match - just see what goes.
Proud Member of the Volunteer Commando Battalion

Offline Tomb

• Contributing Member
  • in2 Metal? Go 2 my sig
« Reply #18 on: 23 Jul 2004, 19:48:04 »
well wotofook, ...

ROFLMAO :noo: ;D ;D reminds me of someone, somehow... *cough* :-X ::) geez