Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: The Ultimate Showdown  (Read 3180 times)

ClampenShaften

The Ultimate Showdown
« on: 07 Jun 2004, 02:34:00 »
WWIII broke out in the year 2012 wiping out virtually the entire population of the planet.

This is how it happened. In 1999 a russian pro communist colonel called Gustav Filochev decided that he had had enough of capitalism shining through and abolishing communism, he was going to make a stand.

Filochev was highly trained in military tactics and he was also a spetznatz officer. During 1988, he was the sniper who shot at the Recon team who were sent to Everon to find out why the island was out of contact. Back then he was a low ranked rating. He happened to be the only unit in his squad to leave Everon during that little escapade.

Anyway, in 1999 he resigned from his position in Russian Intelligence and began a cult organisation called Black Shadow. This organisation consisted entirely of old war veterans who were for communism being brought back. Filochev was so bent on bringing communism back he ended up killing his own son, just becuase he was against communism and its disturing ways.

In 2000, Filochev organised a terrorist attack on Los Angeles, where Hollywood was attacked by suicide bombers. 47 people died that day and 320 others were injured. A wise move as it made the U.S. government think that the iraqi's were behind it.

In 2003, Filochev personally walked into the U.S. Congress and assassinated the Secretary General of the United States in broad daylight. He still managed to walk out of there unmarked.

2007 marked the year when Filochev came to power in Russia. He brought back the U.S.S.R and reinstated communism. 15 million Russian peasants were forced to join the communist army or they were executed on the streets. This spread horror throughout the globe.

The year of 2010 was not at all very pretty, The U.S.S.R had begun invading all of its neighbours and not showing the non communists any mercy, 25 million people were slaughtered. Great Britain, USA and France did nothing about this, just like when Hitler made his move.

It was in 2012 when Filochev launched an untracable nuclear warhead at Washington D.C. killing 6 million people instantly. The shockwave could be felt all over the planet. Radiation covered the entire of the Eastern Sea Board. THe whole world retalliated launching their entire nuclear arsenal all over targets in the Communist section of the globe. THe communists ended up launching their nukes aswell. This led to 4.5 Billion lives ending.

People could call it WWIII but it was more like Doomsday. The remaining poeple who survived the radiation had fight for the only place which amazingly was unscathed by the War, Malden. Soldiers from both communist and capitalist armies fought for this island.

MISSION: Take over the island and kill all the communist pigs who killed your famillies. Ammo is limited, You will need to scavenge weapons from the dead communists. Women & Children are depending on you.

What you think?

Steve

Offline dmakatra

• Members
  • Better known as Armsty
Re:The Ultimate Showdown
« Reply #1 on: 07 Jun 2004, 07:37:25 »
Because of my political opinion this almost made me puke. No offense 'cause I think you've thought this very through and all but blaming it on the communist once more just won't do it for me. In the official campaigns it was quite OK 'cause then it was just one madman (Guba) who tricked his army so they thought they were fighting for their country, which they didn't. Anyway, to sum this up, I am qouting my own post in another thread:

Also, just like the Vietnam war, the Iraq wars have a strong political side. It is not like WWII which was a "correct" war, where you can see the "good" side and the "bad" side. Therefor I hate all politics and propaganda (and I mean both sides) I see in especially Nam missions but also in standard NATO vs. Soviet missions like "OMG! Teh retarded russians! OMG! They are so stupid! DIE YOU BASTARD, DIE COMMIE SCUM!!!" etc. See what I mean? If you could just focus on the war itself instead of showing your political opinion and propaganda in a sometimes relativley calm and sensefull way but more than once unfortunatley like the example above. Then I could play the mission without almost jump up and down and getting close to sending e-mails to the author that he should learn some background story and politics before expressing himself(actually almost happend once...). :)

P.S: If you want a good doomsday plot, I suggest your rip it the one off the Fallout series. If you haven't played either Fallout 1 or 2 (rest sucks) I strongly suggest you do that. They can't cost very much now and I think they are the best RPGs ever made.

:beat: *Gets Shot* :beat:

ClampenShaften

« Reply #2 on: 07 Jun 2004, 10:21:14 »
for gods sake man its a game, polictics has got nothing to do with it ffs.

Offline rhysduk

• Former Staff
« Reply #3 on: 07 Jun 2004, 11:26:40 »
No need to fly off the rocker dude, Armsty was purely stating an opinion that he had for you storyline..

If you cant take it that some people may not like it, then you shouldnt really be posting it should you?

No need to fire away at Armsty for it, i expect theres a few other people that feel the same way about it as Armsty does..

On a plus side, a good storyline, now make the campaign / missions :)

Rhys
Reviewed Missions Board: Please Read the User's Guide before posting!

Pride and Joy 1 (HW100-T)

ClampenShaften

« Reply #4 on: 07 Jun 2004, 12:57:17 »
I wasn't having a dig, i was clearly stating that ofp is a game, not real life. After all ofp is based during the cold war, a war between communist's and capitalist's.

I apologise if i have given you the wrong accusation Armstrong. But mate it is after all a game.

Rhys m8, people may think that, but i was simply giving my opinion like you was, so i dont see why you are having a go at me just like what i did to armstrong do you??

Steve

Gooner861

« Reply #5 on: 07 Jun 2004, 13:03:36 »
Lets all be friends  :cheers: .

Offline dmakatra

• Members
  • Better known as Armsty
« Reply #6 on: 07 Jun 2004, 15:15:47 »
Lets all be friends  :cheers: .

Hear hear! :)

EDIT: No harm done m8, even though I do not share your opinion. But I do not wish to get in any flamewars here so I we'll just settle this disscussion here, eh m8?

:beat: *Gets Shot* :beat:
« Last Edit: 07 Jun 2004, 15:18:08 by The real Armstrong »

Dubieman

« Reply #7 on: 07 Jun 2004, 15:32:48 »
I like the idea and all. The only thing I would change is why have Americans and Russians again? Why not use a mod or other soldier packs so it was say britiain vs. russia, or something like that. We have seen SO many west vs east missions...

The only thing I don't like is the fact that the eastern seaboard went up in flames... :'(

PS: Are you using reg BIS vehicles or what, as your story says, its 2012. Also I think both sides should have a shortage of weapons as both sides have been nuked repeatedly and they would both be hurtun for some guns.
« Last Edit: 07 Jun 2004, 15:34:53 by GuiltyRoachKilla »

ClampenShaften

« Reply #8 on: 07 Jun 2004, 22:25:59 »
well mate, thats hopefully the plan. I intend to make the men need to find a vehicle, and move around houses looking for the odd shotgun, air rifle etc etc

Loofer

« Reply #9 on: 07 Jun 2004, 22:50:22 »
I find this mission exciting, although I am fairly knew to this game I would enjoy participating in this

Loofer

Offline rhysduk

• Former Staff
« Reply #10 on: 07 Jun 2004, 23:13:02 »
i was clearly stating that ofp is a game, not real life

Well arent you a clever little lad. *Medal over here please*

so i dont see why you are having a go at me just like what i did to armstrong do you??

Do me? What do you mean?

Lets all be friends :cheers:

Only if you are buying.  ;D

Discussion ended!
Reviewed Missions Board: Please Read the User's Guide before posting!

Pride and Joy 1 (HW100-T)

Offline ZeekLTK

• Members
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #11 on: 08 Jun 2004, 02:31:07 »
Pretty good idea, except this part is kinda weird:

-In 2003, Filochev personally walked into the U.S. Congress and assassinated the Secretary General of the United States in broad daylight. He still managed to walk out of there unmarked

-The year of 2010 was not at all very pretty, The U.S.S.R had begun invading all of its neighbours and not showing the non communists any mercy, 25 million people were slaughtered. Great Britain, USA and France did nothing about this, just like when Hitler made his move.

I would think that the USA would have done something in 2003 when this guy assasinated the SGotUS not even allowing the situation in 2010 to take place. Also the Allies did nothing to Hitler at first because he was not using force to conquer Czechoslovakia, Austria, Hungary, etc. As soon as he used force and invaded Poland, the Allies declared war. From what you've typed it seems that this general was attacking his neighbors and yet for some reason the 'Allies' still did nothing. Why?

But otherwise I like the idea.
« Last Edit: 08 Jun 2004, 02:34:51 by ZeekLTK »

Dubieman

« Reply #12 on: 08 Jun 2004, 03:26:59 »
You'd need some pretty slick cutscene editing to get that killing the congressman guy thing to work. :D ;D

Gooner861

« Reply #13 on: 08 Jun 2004, 10:05:00 »
First u gotta get something that looks like the US congress place.

ClampenShaften

« Reply #14 on: 08 Jun 2004, 10:11:00 »
its all part of the challenge