Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Wake Island Addon/Campaign  (Read 532 times)

TrackenHit

Wake Island Addon/Campaign
« on: 07 Jun 2004, 00:07:51 »
Hey everyone,

I was thinking of putting a small addon based around the idea of invasion of Wake Island (1941).  For the most part I would just try to get in touch with some mod makers to see if I could use some of their models because from what I see right now the only things that will need to be developed is a 'proper' wake island wrp and some US marines in the right uniforms.

I'm guessing maybe 4-6 missions in a campaign that more puts the player into the middle of the invasion and lets the player experience a very dramatic struggle and defeat in the Pacific.  

What is out there and could be used for this mission are the Japanese planes, and japanese Infantry, American F4F fighters, the various building and terrain packs, and American weapons models.

What I can't find, or doesn't exsist, are proper US marines from the time with the old tin hats, perhaps some Japanese/american naval ships), a PBY boat plane, and a realistic wke island (which should be easy to create since its not really a good looking island in the first place!!! lol)

I'm not interested in creating a huge new mod, but just a campaign with 4-6 missions that re-create wake island as best as we can.  OFP's engine is nearly perfect for this type of battle.  

If your interested in any part of this, let me know!!