Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: "Dark" problem  (Read 734 times)

Ace Productions

"Dark" problem
« on: 27 May 2004, 12:16:36 »
My problem might sound stupid but I've tried eveything possible and nothing works as expected. I want my mission or intro to start with a black screen and fade in very slowly. I know you are going to say use TitleText and BLACK OUT and BLACK IN and that I know already but always at the begining of a mission or an intro I see the player for a small second and then the scene I created. I've even tried the TitleText command in the InitIntro and Init scripts but nothing.

Please give me the light!  :-[

Offline Marvin

• Members
  • One day they will come
Re:"Dark" problem
« Reply #1 on: 27 May 2004, 15:15:51 »
I think there is time between the engine reed the game, and the scripts, so there sometimes you can see the unit for some seconds!
Byt i noticed, if you exec the script with player, like this exec "intro.sqs" then the script starts faster, because ofp engine reads all unit behaviours before loding game.
Is there any games than Flashpoint?

StonedSoldier

« Reply #2 on: 27 May 2004, 15:21:09 »
in the "init.sqs" type titlecut ["Welcome To My Mission","BLACK IN",2]

that will make the mission start with a black screen and fade in over a period of 2 seconds while displaying "Welcome To My Mission"

Offline alimag

• Contributing Member
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #3 on: 27 May 2004, 17:14:10 »
Hi,

Put this in the first line of init.sqs (mission) or initIntro.sqs (intro) to not see the player for a split second:

titleCut [" ", "black in", 99999999999999999999]

and then when you want to really show the screen:

titleCut [" ", "black in", value]

where 'value' can be whatever you want

Cheers
« Last Edit: 27 May 2004, 17:14:50 by alimag »

StonedSoldier

« Reply #4 on: 27 May 2004, 18:52:30 »
you dont need to use the titlecut command twice, once is enough
« Last Edit: 27 May 2004, 18:52:41 by StonedSoldier »

Offline alimag

• Contributing Member
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #5 on: 27 May 2004, 21:43:49 »
The second time is to clear the screen when you're ready to show something not to darken it.

Otherwise you'll have to wait 999999999999999 seconds before seeing anything  :o

Cheers

StonedSoldier

« Reply #6 on: 27 May 2004, 23:17:46 »
fraid you misunderstand me i mean you only need to do something like titlecut ["","BLACK IN, 2] in the init.sqs and that will work.

Offline Artak

• The old beanbag shaker
  • Former Staff
  • You want to talk about it, yes?
    • OFP Team Finlanders
« Reply #7 on: 28 May 2004, 05:51:08 »
This is actually one thing I often come across when reviewing missions and it's something that annoys me as much as seeing that old __cur_mp in the briefing title.

First you do
titlecut ["","black out",0.000001]
in the init.sqs, which will make the screen go black in 0.000001 seconds. This will make the player see it as it would begin as black, because of the very fast fade.

Then you do
titlecut ["","black in",5]
to make the screen apear smoothly from black again. Three seconds is smooth, five even smoother.  :)
Not all is lost.

Ace Productions

« Reply #8 on: 28 May 2004, 07:04:33 »
Thanks everybody for your replies guys. I'll try it tonight and solve the topic.