Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: OPF World  (Read 2822 times)

Offline macguba

• Former Staff
    • macguba's operation flashpoint page
Re:OPF World
« Reply #15 on: 02 Dec 2003, 19:49:21 »
Desert island is the same shape as the large island to the southeast of Malden, so there's not really any point in including it.

Remember that we know Kolgujev is to the northeast of ... is it Everon or Malden?    That bit in the original campaign where you take off from one island and attack the other.

From pole to equator it goes snow - temperate - desert - jungle so it would be nice to have islands roughly in that order.     IMHO the original three should be reasonably close together - after all, the whole point of this is that you can go from one to the other and that's no fun if they are all miles apart.     Nogova, being a slightly seperate place, should be slightly apart.   That would leave a nice big sea area for naval battles and carrier operations.

As a matter of interest, it is obviously possible to use the sun to work out the latitude and longitude of the Malden islands.  Has anybody done this?    Where are they?
Plenty of reviewed ArmA missions for you to play

m21man

« Reply #16 on: 02 Dec 2003, 21:21:40 »
Also remember that BIS has repeatedly said "No" to publicly releasing Nogova's WRP data. Therefore, a public release of a multi-island world with Nogova would probably be more of an assembly kit. It would probably come with a config, an icon for the world, and a nice big step-by-step guide on how to assemble the island.
« Last Edit: 02 Dec 2003, 21:22:13 by m21man »

MadFred

« Reply #17 on: 05 Dec 2003, 05:12:57 »
Hi again.

For those of you interested in a multi-islands map:

for detailed view:

http://flashpoint.nekromantix.com/PMCscreenshot/aec-map-big.jpg

This is PMC AEC island (abel-eden-cain)
It is a map containing the three CWC
islands of Malden, Everon and Kolgujev.
The size of the map is 25km x 25km and it
was created with WrpTool.
Only the Malden airbase is AI usable.

If you want this island, visit PMC Tactical OFP at:

http://flashpoint.nekromantix.com/

The island can be found in the download section.

MadFred

deaddog

« Reply #18 on: 06 Dec 2003, 14:19:52 »
Nice!!  

And still plenty of space left to stick another island in there if the urge struck.

I can see it now.  Two forces, each on its own island, fighting for the third, while doing some strategic "bombing" of the others home island.   8)  Can anyone say, "damn 63 group limit"  ;D

m21man

« Reply #19 on: 06 Dec 2003, 15:19:30 »
I can see it now.  Two forces, each on its own island, fighting for the third, while doing some strategic "bombing" of the others home island.    Can anyone say, "d**n 63 group limit"
I think my brain would explode if I tried to use CE 1.22 to command 797 units in an operation like that ::) .

Lt.Shitkilla

« Reply #20 on: 07 Dec 2003, 13:05:02 »
do u think it would be possible just to have everon and malden, for lower end PC's like my current one, the 'world' lags a little too much for comfort, if you remove kolgujev, then that should take out some of the lag. also, has anymore trees been added, it seems like there are so many trees that weren't there before.

anyway, plz get back to me,

Lt. Shitkilla

MadFred

« Reply #21 on: 08 Dec 2003, 03:23:04 »
@ Lt. sh*tkilla

do u think it would be possible just to have everon and malden, for lower end PC's like my current one.

also, has anymore trees been added, it seems like there are so many trees that weren't there before.

1. It is perfectly possible to have the islands of Malden and Everon in one map. and what's more, you can do it quite easily yourself too using WrpTool.

2. No, the islands in the AEC map are identical to the original islands in terms of objects. the only thing that is different is the numbet of textures on Kolgujev.
due to texture limitations in OFP that number had to be reduced to make it work.

blackhawkdown132

« Reply #22 on: 25 May 2004, 03:02:58 »
maybe u could place a large 4-lane bridge in between two island and have a car chase on it for a mission intro? has someone done that?