Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: "Green Screen of Death"  (Read 918 times)

sgt5thranger

"Green Screen of Death"
« on: 18 May 2004, 02:44:59 »
Everytime I install certain mods for OFP Resistane, I get a pea-green screen upon startup of the game. This happens when i run version 1.91 and the BETA 1.96 version. The mods that do this include, but are not limited to the Invasion '44 mod, F18 Hornet addon, and VITAPC 1.4 addon.
The green screen is a video problem best i can tell, since i can still hear the background music and can click around blindly.  I have tried changing video resolutions and settings and still have no luck. Any idea what is causing this and how to correct it? This wasnt a problem untill i installed OFP Res. on my new PC. (Vid card is a Geforce 4 Chaintec 5700 w/ 256megs if that helps) I have also tried un installing and reinstalling the game at least 10 times. Whats the deal?

m21man

Re:"Green Screen of Death"
« Reply #1 on: 18 May 2004, 02:47:32 »
1. OFPEC doesn't do tech support
2. Are you using the -nomap parameter?

sgt5thranger

« Reply #2 on: 18 May 2004, 04:10:26 »
Only -nosplash. And i have tried it w/o any parameters. Didnt think it was tech support question tho, just seems to be hard to do any editing if i cant see the program...

m21man

« Reply #3 on: 18 May 2004, 13:23:32 »
just seems to be hard to do any editing if i cant see the program...
It is, but some of the moderators might lock this :P .

Did you try -nomap ?

DBR_ONIX

« Reply #4 on: 18 May 2004, 17:23:12 »
Well.. Before it gets locked :P
What ammout of RAM d'you ave?
That would be the main concern (But it's a new computer, isn't is, so that wouldn't be a prob  :-\)
If you have Win XP, you need atleast 256MB to run, basicly, anything!

Also, what size is you addons dir (Right click, properties on the Addons folder) :)
If it's too big, make a mod folder, one with a few good addons, and the rest in a few mod folders.. So if you want the BAS stuff, you load up one, if you want other stuff, load the other mod folders
If you want both.. Use two mod folders (-mod=1-mod=2 etc?)

:)
- Ben

asmodeus

« Reply #5 on: 19 May 2004, 20:36:53 »
Yes, OFPEC is a stricly editing related forum so unfortunately I'll have to lock this.

I recommend going to http://www.flashpoint1985.com and click on "forums" at the bottom.  Then go into the OFP forums and check out the troubleshooting section.  There are a lot of answers already there, and a lot of people with great knowledge for fixing problems.

Good luck!

*topic locked*

Asmodeus