Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Iraq War 2 co op campaign. Anyone interested?  (Read 1796 times)

BronzeEagle

Iraq War 2 co op campaign. Anyone interested?
« on: 10 May 2004, 17:54:53 »
Anyone interested in making an iraq war 2 campaign for flashpoint?  It'll be co op n stuff.  It'll be fun, we just need the iraq pack addon.  

Dubieman

Re:Iraq War 2 co op campaign. Anyone interested?
« Reply #1 on: 10 May 2004, 20:21:36 »
Co op campaign?
Lotz of hours to stay connected and transfering from mission to mission.... :-\

Offline sim

• Members
  • Hot! Real hot! Damn Hot!
« Reply #2 on: 10 May 2004, 20:48:39 »
shuldnt this be in the recruting depot???  ::)
The Unsung Campaign Team Leader

Offline dmakatra

• Members
  • Better known as Armsty
« Reply #3 on: 11 May 2004, 19:12:59 »
Iraq is a hot subject, especially the second war... People are still dying there m8, I say wait for the war is over so it can cool down a bit.

Also, just like the Vietnam war, the Iraq wars have a strong political side. It is not like WWII which was a "correct" war, where you can see the "good" side and the "bad" side. Therefor I hate all politics and propaganda (and I mean both sides) I see in especially Nam missions but also in standard NATO vs. Soviet missions like "OMG! Teh retarded russians! OMG! They are so stupid! DIE YOU BASTARD, DIE COMMIE SCUM!!!" etc. See what I mean? If you could just focus on the war itself instead of showing your political opinion and propaganda in a sometimes relativley calm and sensefull way but more than once unfortunatley like the example above. Then I could play the mission without almost jump up and down and getting close to sending e-mails to the author that he should learn some background story and politics before expressing himself(actually almost happend once...). :)

:beat: *Gets Shot* :beat:
« Last Edit: 11 May 2004, 19:14:27 by The real Armstrong »

Dubieman

« Reply #4 on: 11 May 2004, 20:39:22 »
Hmm you wouldn't want to play my new RPG then, THE POLITICAL ADVISOR. J/K Im not going to make that...

Its one of those hot subjects like the Hired Gunz idea i had. I deceided to wait cause of those Blackwater guys in Fallujah. :(
« Last Edit: 11 May 2004, 20:39:58 by GuiltyRoachKilla »

BronzeEagle

« Reply #5 on: 13 May 2004, 17:42:53 »
I wouldn't put any propoganda in it.  I'd just be like, clear the bath party stronghold.  You'd get your weapons and go do it.  Nothing suggested.  

Dubieman

« Reply #6 on: 13 May 2004, 20:18:35 »
Capturing Saddam will be mimicking ALL of those GET GUBA missions. urgh :(

The_Lone_Pariah47

« Reply #7 on: 09 Jun 2004, 14:22:53 »
Hey, instead of making a campaign that mirrors the real war, why not create a fictitious one? Perhaps one which Saddam defends his homeland with an Iron Fist?
Perhaps turn Baghdad into a mordern day Stalingrad?

Dubieman

« Reply #8 on: 09 Jun 2004, 23:36:30 »
If its fictitious you could and I'm not saying you have to do it, but maybe your Saddam and your going to invade Kuwait or something when the Americans or Russians or some other force maybe another middle eastern force takes it for oil or just for kicks whatever... ::)

You play through in Saddam's army and such doing missions, air, ground, spec ops, navy, anything else.
This way you have two forces that may be not the best equipped but not as bad as the res in OFP but you still have to be somewhat careful in your resources. Like your job is to clear a camp then destroy the arty. If you fail to kill the arty then a tank assault later may suffer if the tank depot was hit. Something along those lines.

Gooner861

« Reply #9 on: 10 Jun 2004, 09:43:20 »
I dunno, sum people may not want to play in an army led by a muderous dictator, i know its just a game but to play in the iraqi army doesn't really interest me.

Offline Noon416

• Old Bugger
  • Former Staff
« Reply #10 on: 10 Jun 2004, 09:50:21 »
Okay people, how about we keep this a "politics free" zone, otherwise we'll be forced to lock it...
"If a man talks in the woods and no woman hears him, is he still wrong?"

Dubieman

« Reply #11 on: 10 Jun 2004, 19:41:30 »
Its so fun to argue with admins, you say something boom locked! Or your banned! j/k you guys are doin the work we wouldn't so good for you. :)

Anyways to steer clear of politics, how about a take on when two middle eastern countries fight? Stay away from the politics and such and make a decent desert campaign.
Without the Americans or Russians.

Offline Chammy

• Members
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #12 on: 22 Jun 2004, 07:26:54 »
I'm inerested! My email is:   samson_92250_2000@yahoo.com

I have ideas plus new sounds.Let me know yes?