Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: "missing addon bas_opfor" grrr !  (Read 923 times)

Loup-Garou

"missing addon bas_opfor" grrr !
« on: 05 May 2004, 21:58:18 »
Hi all.

I've installed the Tonal addon made by BAS. I did this correctly (I read the readme AND a topic in this forum). The addon itself works fine, but I've a curious problem : each time I'm getting back in the main menu of the game (or when I start a MP game which uses this addon), I've that message : "cannot load mission, missing addon : bas_opfor", even when this file is in the addons folder and / or in the res\addons folder. Wtf  ???  ???

I've also a problem with the campaign "Insurgency_01" : in the 3rd (or 4 th) mission, when you have to destroy an outpost (1), two ammo dumps (2) and two MGs (3). I've destroyed the outpost, then the MGs. At this moment the game "said" "mission completed" (with the camera and so on), but it didn't really end. So, alone, I've destroyed the ammo dumps (nothing happened, I didn't have the green tick), and then, I killed all of the militians I could find...but the mission didn't end... . What I must doing now ? Do I must restart the mission (very annoying  >:(, because this is a hard one ; after around 5 minutes I'm ALWAYS alone) ?

Offline Killswitch

• Members
  • Peace, cheese and ArmA
Re:"missing addon bas_opfor" grrr !
« Reply #1 on: 05 May 2004, 23:36:28 »
All (or most) of these problems can be solved by applying the two patches that were released for the BAS Tonal Island+OPFOR and campaign:

BAS Tonal island + OPFOR - Patch 1

BAS Tonal island + OPFOR - Patch 2

The "cannot load mission, missing addons..." message comes from BAS_OPCPP.pbo not having a proper addon dependency declaration. However, after applying those two patches, it will have and the error message should be gone.

Good luck!

« Last Edit: 05 May 2004, 23:37:02 by Killswitch »

Loup-Garou

Re:"missing addon bas_opfor" grrr !
« Reply #2 on: 06 May 2004, 13:49:06 »
Ok ! It works ! Thanks !  :D