Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Is there any way to browse the Editing FAQ rather than "search" it?  (Read 1497 times)

Agua

I find the FAQ "search" to be very spotty and would like to be able to simply browse the FAQ.  Is this possible?

Offline Burn

• Members
Click display without typing anything...  ::) ;D

Agua

Doh!  Thanks.  Never tried that.

Got any hints to resolve what is probably another stupid question:  how do I view more than the first "100" results as allowed by pull down menu in the search function?

Offline Burn

• Members
First off, there's no stupid questions ;D, and second I don't know :-\ ...the FAQ used to be browsable the "normal" way via the "editing FAQ" button in the ed-depot, but I guess since the site was attacked parts of it is still under construction :-\... hope they'll manage to fix it soon.

Offline toadlife

• OFPEC Old Skool
  • Former Staff
  • Official OFP Editing Center Toad
    • toadlife.net
Doh!  Thanks.  Never tried that.

Got any hints to resolve what is probably another stupid question:  how do I view more than the first "100" results as allowed by pull down menu in the search function?

For now, I've modifed the FAQ search page so you can view all of the entries in the FAQ, by selecting "1000" from the number to display dropdown box.  ;D

I think I can set up a sperate Browse FAQ page to make this easier. I'll give it a go.
"Whenever you want information on the 'net, don't ask a question; just post a wrong answer." -- Cancer Omega.

Offline toadlife

• OFPEC Old Skool
  • Former Staff
  • Official OFP Editing Center Toad
    • toadlife.net
There is now a seperate page where the public can browse the Knowledgebase (FAQ). You can find it on the Ed Depoit menus. Here is a direct link..

http://www.ofpec.com/editors/browse_kb.php

Let me know if it can be improved.  :)

In case I'm confusing you with the "knowledgebase" thing, I meant to rename the FAQ to "knowledgebase" a long time ago, but the site going down and real life issues got in the way of doing it. I'm  slowly convertying all of the pages over, so they say Knowledgebase instead of FAQ.
« Last Edit: 26 Apr 2004, 00:39:42 by toadlife »
"Whenever you want information on the 'net, don't ask a question; just post a wrong answer." -- Cancer Omega.

Offline Burn

• Members
 :oGreat job toadlife! :thumbsup:

Never been better. ;)