Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Na Koja Abad Campaign. Anyone interested?  (Read 1628 times)

The_Lone_Pariah47

Na Koja Abad Campaign. Anyone interested?
« on: 19 Apr 2004, 03:00:36 »
Hey guys,
      I've got plans to create a "war-on-terror" themed campaign. Yeah, you might have guessed it; the entire campaign sees a terrorist group overrunning a poverty stricken desert community where UN troops are stationed. The UN pulls out after a period of time and the civilian population is left to fend for themselves until the Americans arrive. Pretty much OFPR here only that the UN's involved. I'm thinking of not focusing on a single character unlike OFPR. You get to play as members of the terrorist force, the resistance and the Americans.
     For that, I need a team of newbies since I'm one myself. If you fit the description and are interested, email me at pred_combistick@hotmail.com.
     This may sound lame to most of you guys who are pros at OFP edit, but I'm just doing this in the name of fun.
« Last Edit: 19 Apr 2004, 03:48:57 by The_Lone_Pariah47 »

Gooner861

Re:Na Koja Abad Campaign. Anyone interested?
« Reply #1 on: 19 Apr 2004, 18:30:46 »
Might be interested, im pretty unskilled at the moment and im on my way to nearly completing my first mission.

The_Lone_Pariah47

« Reply #2 on: 20 Apr 2004, 07:18:38 »
Hey, thanks for the quick reply. Saw some ideas you posted over there and I must say, they looked pretty cool.
You know of any maps that simulate a large city with tall buildings? I'm thinking of creating a "9/11" style opening sequence. My plan's to rig a large passenger plane (perhaps an Antonov troop carrier that can be found at www.opflash.org) with a car bomb script so that when it nears the building it blows up, hopefully taking the building down with it. Wonder if it works. Otherwise, I'll stick to a car my original idea of having a car bomb exploding at a military parade. That would force the States to declare war on terrorists who are fighting UN forces on the island of Na Koja Abad. Naturally, the Americans would have to take time to make the necessary arrangements for troops to be sent, and during that time, the terrorists would capture the island.

Gooner861

« Reply #3 on: 20 Apr 2004, 13:35:35 »
I would just stick with a car bomb, i dnt think trying to recreate the 9/11 incident wud b very gud, not many people wanna remember what happened and sum people mite not want to see this created in a game.

Good idea for the campaign though.

The_Lone_Pariah47

« Reply #4 on: 20 Apr 2004, 14:01:44 »
Yeah, you're right, Sept 11 was a horrific day, ain't ethical if I try to recreate it. Thanks for the comments anyway.  ;)
Just wondering, you want to work with me on this? If not, could I join in the in the movie project you're in with paul? Besides, I need five guys on the team including me 'cos that would make work a little faster.

« Last Edit: 20 Apr 2004, 14:07:28 by The_Lone_Pariah47 »

Gooner861

« Reply #5 on: 20 Apr 2004, 14:16:42 »
Count me in but u will have to wait a while for me to actually do anything cos im doin my own mission at the moment and i have school work etc, yes i know, its boring >:( .

But ur more than welcome to join the movie team if no 1 else wishes to join ur team.

The_Lone_Pariah47

« Reply #6 on: 20 Apr 2004, 15:10:31 »
Just in case you were wondering, Na Koja Abad is Arabic for The Land Of Nowhere. I took this name off Unreal 2, an FPS as I thought it sounded cool. Plus, Na Koja Abad doesn't even exist! The Land Of Nowhere, get it? lol!   :P
You have Hotmail or MSN Messenger? Those would be really valuable tools if we are going to work on any online projects. Can have a quick exchange of ideas and send you files that you might need.
I made a little cutscene today after reading about the movie you guys were planning on making. If you want it, I'll send it over in my next reply.
« Last Edit: 20 Apr 2004, 15:12:21 by The_Lone_Pariah47 »

Gooner861

« Reply #7 on: 20 Apr 2004, 15:31:09 »
Yeah please that wud be gud to see wot u have made, attach it to ur next reply and we will have a look at it.

Just out of interest where bouts u frm and how old r u?

The_Lone_Pariah47

« Reply #8 on: 20 Apr 2004, 15:53:07 »
I'm 16 and am from Singapore. What about you?
Would be glad to send it over to you, but do you have  the 49-MAF 82nd Airborne Division and the 257-PFLP Troops addons installed? Yeah, and the cutscene takes place on zawadar's Desert Everon island. You'll need that too.
If you don't have them, I'll send you an older cutscene which isn't as good but it's still watchable.
You have any of your own?

Gooner861

« Reply #9 on: 20 Apr 2004, 16:25:06 »
Im 17 frm the uk.

Sadly i dnt have any of those addons, i can't be bothered to download them all, i aint got broadband u see.

Sadly i aint got any cutscenes at the moment. I've only recently just got into playing OFP and editing but im in the middle of creating a mission, just need to create the intro and cutscenes and add a few scripts.

BronzeEagle

« Reply #10 on: 10 May 2004, 18:40:54 »
if its about terrorism I'll help.  chambersburg_00@hotmail.com
« Last Edit: 10 May 2004, 18:41:23 by BronzeEagle »