Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Air Pack WW1  (Read 1975 times)

armur

Air Pack WW1
« on: 17 Sep 2002, 21:36:52 »

[attachment deleted by admin]

CobraSquad

Re:Air Pack WW1
« Reply #1 on: 17 Sep 2002, 22:04:15 »
THAT'S A D**M GOOD MODEL KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK

Gerald Duval

« Reply #2 on: 19 Sep 2002, 01:32:45 »
KICKASS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

I R SO HAPPY AND MY CAPSLOCK IS BROKEN!

sorry, but i've been waiting for ww1 stuff for forever! Thank God! can you make von Richthofen's plane and the hat in the ring squardron, neuports, camels, zepplins, FE2C, and bombers...

sorry, i've been waiting for ww1 mods since forever plus fifty.... thank you so much!  ;D ;D ;D

Oskar

« Reply #3 on: 19 Sep 2002, 17:40:34 »
two things, ww1 suxs! :D
But its a very good modell, keep up the work
but not in this part

"Addon Editing: Pre-1985
1939 - 1984. For all historically based Addons. ie: WW2, Korea, Vietnam, etc"

World War one was before 1939 right?

Gerald Duval

« Reply #4 on: 20 Sep 2002, 15:13:33 »
I dont see how "world war 1 sux" as you put it. yes it was a horrible war for the people to live and fight in but you can hardly say "it sux" as in, it is not interesting.  the great war or war to end all wars was much more influential in the history of the world than its big brother, ww2. it was the last civilized war, the first modern war. It dismanelted kings, empires and old tactics. it was the first use of MGs, planes, tanks, mechanized armies, and poison gas. To say "it suxs" only proves your ignorance of history to this whole message board.

as for 1939-1985, yes WW1 was 1914-1918. but can you think of a better forum to bring this to? why should it start with 1939? there are centuries of firearm warfare before '39. I dont see why it cant just be Pre-1985.

Vyper

« Reply #5 on: 20 Sep 2002, 21:15:51 »
The reason (i think) its not allowed is although it was firearms..no modern military tachtics were used greatly.

For instance, Human Wave sums up the attacks and OFP can't take loads of soldiers at once on screen. There wasn't much to the war...yes i know it was interesting on the whole war scale but you look at the smaller battles, the ones that would be done in OFP..

"You sit in your trench under fire - You get told to charge - You leap out under fire - probably die or injured - Crawl back to the trench if you can - mission over"

Not really great material for OFP.

Vyper

Offline Cplme

• Former Staff
« Reply #6 on: 20 Sep 2002, 21:29:38 »
Hi guys

replying to vypers comment it was the same with the attacks in WW2 such as D-Day at normandy thousand and thousands of soldiers were used and other battle thousands of soldiers where used.  But then there where the small battels of maybe 100 soldiers or maybe a small section of 8 that no one knows of i think it would of been the same in WW1 where a section was attacked and so no just no 1 knows about them....

cheers cplme

Gerald Duval

« Reply #7 on: 20 Sep 2002, 22:56:34 »
vyper, if it was a month ago i would have agreed with you, but i have found out that there was a great deal more than human wave attacks. such as:

trench raiding (night)
sniping
recon patrols (night, stealth)
wiring patrols (night, stealth)
tank battles
grenading raids

all of these lend themselves extremely well to ofp.  the above were almost always small unit battles with tactics of flanking, feinting, charging all of which are ofp able.

and OFP can handle a relatively large battle. My comp is ok (p3 650, geForce 2) and I made a ww1 mission that had 12 russian groups charging in line formation at sandbag emplacements and through tons of wire at 2 groups of Nato with 3 MGs and 4 mortars and it runs well. it is a little choppy but it does not affect gameplay in the least. I can give you the mission.sqm if you wish to see that it is possible....

Payne

« Reply #8 on: 20 Sep 2002, 23:18:38 »
Viper I belive you need to be shot in the ass.

Oskar

« Reply #9 on: 22 Sep 2002, 20:36:10 »
shot in the ass? 'Payne' in the ass as i would say it to you "PAYNE" z0r

BigJoe

« Reply #10 on: 04 Oct 2002, 05:13:22 »
Forget the debate. When and where can we get it. Looks great to me.

DeLiltMon

« Reply #11 on: 04 Oct 2002, 17:46:48 »
Nice model armur, reminds me of the days when I used to spend hours playing Knights of the Sky on my Atari ST  :D

Vyper

« Reply #12 on: 04 Oct 2002, 20:25:35 »
Apologies, i'm not really to into WW1 and i saw a couple of programs a while ago that proved me wrong.

Sounds good Gerald, can ya post it someplace or attatch it?

Vyper