Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: What's up with Ballistic Addon Studios  (Read 48546 times)

ofpeditor

Re:What's up with Ballistic Addon Studios
« Reply #60 on: 29 Sep 2002, 07:01:10 »
To answer the inquiries...

FerretFangs -
What you see above each of the cargo doors are the fast roping struts. If a situation arises where it's unsafe to touch down, and the need to repel into the IZ is necessary, they'll throw the ropes from those points. They're also used in rapid extractions, where touching down would spend too much time in a combat zone. A looprope will be attached to each strut, thrown out at the EP and each operative will clip himself to the rope. Fast, easy, effective, but extremely unsafe, and therefore, very rare to see.

That moves me onto the other subject - What keeps us in place? Depends who you operate with and what equipment is provided, but it is all the same general device - a modified caribiner with quick release.

Last thing to touch on - the legs out on landing. FerretFang, you made an alright comparison with the "swing" comment. It does help to have a little momentum to slide off the plank. Also, when you step off of something, you want a fluid motion. The last thing you need to think about is your feet when you're landing in a hot zone. You want to have your mind on your environment, and not on where to put your feet. Imagine if you had your feet tucked under the plank and slid off to step down on a skid. If that skid lifts, you're fucked, and you're compromised. In easiest terms - do it to be safe. You dont want things to go SNAFU by not doing things the correct way and making a wrong move.

I hope that answered a few questions - Anything else, I'll be happy to address.
Cheers mates
ofpeditor

btw Tiger - the report's coming along great - ill be done tonight.

Ferret Fangs

« Reply #61 on: 29 Sep 2002, 17:58:28 »
Thanks for the info, sir!
And Thank You to the team, for doing the deed.

Monkey Lib Front

« Reply #62 on: 29 Sep 2002, 19:54:56 »
With u lot making Navy units will u be shipping inf units or will be depending upon us to use other ones for our missions?

DeadMeatXM2

« Reply #63 on: 29 Sep 2002, 22:05:47 »
well, having spoken to Evis, he and i feel the same, there are enough Marines out there e.g. Tales Of War, so we will not be making our own Marines.

We will be making our (BAS) pilots for the Marine Helicopter project, but that will be it on the infantry side.

STEELE

« Reply #64 on: 29 Sep 2002, 22:56:11 »
Has anyone checked http://lostbrothers.ofpmatch.com/ site lately, Vipersheart is doing another HKPack with Rangers, Marines, SAS & Delta operators in multipul camos :o
FREAKING COOL!!!!! ;D
If its as definitive as the KSK units I dont think anyone will need any other US infantry addons again! IMHO.

PunkerSXDX

« Reply #65 on: 29 Sep 2002, 23:01:00 »
Hey I got a Question about the MH6 Addon, I know there are the Bench Seats that Hold Six Operators, then there are two in the Back, in the Chopper Behind the Pilots, will thoes seats, be Use able Because the Ones I have Don't and You guys will be on my Cool List For ever if you do that for me. ;)

ofpeditor

« Reply #66 on: 29 Sep 2002, 23:33:23 »
PunkerSXDX

LittleBirds, all variants, except recon OH-6, do not have seats behind the pilot. That space is for auxilary fuel (and in the case of the AH6, ammunition for the m134s). The LB is a rapid insertion helo, and having troops dismount from inside the helo is unfeasable - takes too long, and too much of a chance to get hung up or delayed.
While specifications say there are 3 operatives per plank, never will you find that being done. Three troops per plank is cramped. When you land, you need to be in position. With three men on a plank its overcroweded and you cannot correctly dismount.
What BAS is doing is correctly portraying the realistic side of the LittleBird. Sorry Punker!

But if you've got any other questions/concerns about the LB, just let me know, i'll see what i can do to address it.

Cheers mates
ofpeditor

ofpeditor

« Reply #67 on: 29 Sep 2002, 23:40:48 »

[attachment deleted by admin]

Ferret Fangs

« Reply #68 on: 30 Sep 2002, 00:59:34 »
Looks like there might be room for a casualty lying horizantally behind the front seats...?

Chomps

« Reply #69 on: 30 Sep 2002, 02:06:57 »
The littlebirds look great.  ;D

Okay, so I know it would be impossible to have the soldiers sitting on the side holding their weapons ready, because there is no animation for it.

However, did you try playing with any of the other animations, like some of the sitting-in-chair ones?  They look okay as they are now, just the fact that they are resting the butts of their weapons on thin air bothered me.  Well, I don't know.  They look great either way, though.

PunkerSXDX

« Reply #70 on: 01 Oct 2002, 01:35:50 »
Would it Be Possible, to Fuse animations together, so You Have the Normal soldier Holing the Gun and the, Sitting Position Mixed like the Top and Bottoms Cut off and Mixed?

Maffel

« Reply #71 on: 01 Oct 2002, 02:13:47 »
another question: What happened to your V-22 Osprey?
I was just wondering if itÂ's going to be released with your other Marines-Helos because itÂ's not mentioned on your site.

Ps: Sorry for my bad english ;)

Vixer

« Reply #72 on: 01 Oct 2002, 16:02:11 »
The V22 is a slow progress addon

our first objective is to finish the Spec op and marines helo after that we shall see what we will do then *Cough* Wasp *couch* ?maybe

Chomps

« Reply #73 on: 02 Oct 2002, 00:09:15 »
Would it Be Possible, to Fuse animations together, so You Have the Normal soldier Holing the Gun and the, Sitting Position Mixed like the Top and Bottoms Cut off and Mixed?

Yesterday I would have said that this was impossible, but once again FliPeR has to change the rules of OFP-editing.... he has made a way to create new animations, check natosoldier.com for more.

PunkerSXDX

« Reply #74 on: 02 Oct 2002, 04:10:26 »
FlipeR is GOOOOOOD! :o