Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Dedicated Server Server.cfg fix for WinXP Pro  (Read 1065 times)

Offline Vortrog

• Members
  • Ski'in, Fish'in, Shoot'in, OFP'in
    • Vortrog's Lair
Dedicated Server Server.cfg fix for WinXP Pro
« on: 15 Mar 2004, 03:17:31 »
A little note for anyone who plans on running a dedicated server for OFP-R 1.91 and above with Windows XP Pro.
If you try to run a server (OFPR_server.exe), you will find that your server.cfg file will not initiate.
The server.cfg will show others what the server name is, provide player password and admin password, limit your max players and provide a mission list.
If the server.cfg doesnt run, firstly, the server will be listed in the "Eye" or in OFP-R as your PC name (not to mention a whole heap of other problems)
I had contacted Codemaster numerous times for a fix, however they dont provide dedicated server support.

The fix is this:
Right click on your OFPR_server.exe and select "Properties"
On the 'Compatibility' tab, check the 'Run in compatibilty mode:' and from the drop down select 'Windows 2000".
Your server.cfg file should now execute.

No idea why this causes this problem, but it has annoyed the crap out of me for months. Thanks to Optimus Prime from CoFR for his help on this issue.

Offline evilnate

• Members
  • werd
Re:Dedicated Server Server.cfg fix for WinXP Pro
« Reply #1 on: 27 May 2004, 06:00:14 »
My experience with hosting a public server on WinXP Pro has been great without running it in compatability mode.

Windows XP does not recognize batch file commands very well so you must execute the game with a shortcut (i.e. C:\Games\OperationFlashpoint\OFPR_Server.exe -config=sample.cfg) in the target field.

This is launch the game with whatever server file you wish.