Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Campaign Idea: Sniper campaign  (Read 4133 times)

Niloc3

Campaign Idea: Sniper campaign
« on: 12 Mar 2004, 22:23:08 »
Hey, I was thinking of having a campaign where a guy named Jason Sharp has been sniping ever since he was twelve years old and has been in vietnam and now a war has spread into his home and now he must fight the russians off. So basically this is his story, he is sent on missions from the United States to snipe generals and officers. So basically I wanted to know if anyone wanted to help me make this campaign with me? The thing is I really want this to be a great campaign so we'll work on missions a really long time. ???
« Last Edit: 12 Mar 2004, 22:24:19 by Niloc3 »

PathFinder

Re:Campaign Idea: Sniper campaign
« Reply #1 on: 12 Mar 2004, 23:42:30 »
G'day,
If i may make a suggestion here, you need to thicken your story line and possibly further vary your missions. Sniping a General and so forth after 5 missions can become pretty boring so i suggest you widen your mission range. Look at what else Snipers are tasked to do eg. Recon, Support, HTI etc etc.

thanks, Cya

GrimMonkey

« Reply #2 on: 13 Mar 2004, 01:14:18 »
It's a good concept, but I'd like to propose a few things.
1) Must it be against the Russians? It's grown quite tiresome now, considering I like Russia.
2) Can the main character have a different name? Jason Sharp isn't very original, no offense.
3) PathFinder's right, sniping figureheads consistently will lose interest. You could have to scout or patrol; there are many, many different options.

I hope this comes of use.

Beware the GrimMonkey

Jakerod

« Reply #3 on: 13 Mar 2004, 04:28:47 »
You could do a counter-sniper mission or something too. Your out on patrol and there is another really good sniper out there.

GrimMonkey

« Reply #4 on: 13 Mar 2004, 05:01:07 »
Basically the "Enemy At the Gates" plot.

Beware the GrimMonkey

Niloc3

« Reply #5 on: 13 Mar 2004, 16:18:53 »
Yeah I was thinking of adding in scouting and supporting missions as well I just was basically giving the main idea of my campaign so it was just an idea and if anyone wants to make it with me I'll be glad because I had just started map making and I'm not that advanced in map making, thanks for all your support/ideas.

Fishion

« Reply #6 on: 14 Mar 2004, 12:05:21 »
How about we collect a few possibilities of what a sniper could do.

1) Sniping figureheads
2) Scouting
How is this done? Via knowsabout, or via a dialogue into which the player
has to insert the force strength.
Maybe using a Camera?
3) Counter Sniping.
Again how is this done? I mean just put the sniper somewhere and
say: There's a Sniper out there get him. ? or does our player have
to get where the other sniper is first.
(Okay here at Blah we have a sniper who killed already 3 officers. We want you to go there and get him)
4) Support. does anybody know how this works?
5) What is HTI?

As a little extra: Why not ad wind-drift  ::)

To the Story:
Maybe have it centered around a story similar to Pablo Escobar
(there's a book "Killing Pablo" by mark Bowden). Basically this
was a drug boss, who the US wanted to be removed. So they
supported the Columbians in alot of ways Training. Military Advisors (who
went on Missions with them), Recon, Intellegence etc. (though no
direct action was involved).
In the end Pablo was captured and put into Jail (after killing almost half the Judges in Columbia). Later on he escaped from his luxury Prison. And a columbian special force killed him after years of hunting...however it is suggested that it also might have been a US Sniper, but it really doesn't matter does it?

This would give us/you enough material to have Recon missions, Support missions for the Sniper, as well as sniping a figure head...and on top of that
removing the need to use Russians.
The BAS Tonali troops would fit quite well don't you think?
Maybe center it all around a large drug operation in Africa, which the US/any Wester power wants to have removed (doesn't always need to be
the US does it?). You play the part of a Sniper...let's call him Peter van Holden? Or Patric Kinsler...or well there are enough names.

-Fishion

DBR_ONIX

« Reply #7 on: 14 Mar 2004, 14:58:29 »
What about modifing the HK as a sidearm (Pistol)
And after the hit, you have to fight your way back to a safe house or something..
It would make it a bit more interesting.. Maybe..?

I would like to see a sniper campain.. Every one says it would work blahblah etc, basicly because no one has tried..
Prove 'em wrong!
;)

- Ben

tHe s4lut3

« Reply #8 on: 12 Apr 2004, 21:56:56 »
just wanna add: different terrain offer different possibilities(compare jungle with plains i.e.).why not trace the career of a sniper who starts doubting his job(because a sniper rifle is a very effective but coward weapon.a tank can be argued but the sniper definetly is.conscienciousness is wider spread among sniper soldiers than you would imagine)you can leave the psychic part away but i think a career is a good idea(because it' mine ;-) )otherwise i would agree with the answers posted, especially with pathfinder(what a coincedence) and fishion

Offline dmakatra

• Members
  • Better known as Armsty
« Reply #9 on: 15 Apr 2004, 18:21:32 »
1) Must it be against the Russians? It's grown quite tiresome now, considering I like Russia.

Word. And sniping with Dragonouv instead of my trusty ol' M21 sounds like both fun and hard. I'm so crap at Dragounov and I hate it but it should be intresting though.

:beat: *Gets Shot* :beat:

PathFinder

« Reply #10 on: 16 Apr 2004, 01:05:58 »
Forget about the M21 and Dragunov Sniper rifles, both are seriously outdated.

Just a thought here for your sniper campaign

-Play as a serb/bos sniper, ie. counter sniping, pathfinding, recon,

-Play as WW2 Sniper ie. Support, recon, counter sniping, HTI

just a couple of thoughts, also for those who don't know what HTI is it stands for "Hard Target Interdiction" too long to type out a description but in brief its a sniper course that I THINK only SF operators may undertake.

Wolf

« Reply #11 on: 16 Apr 2004, 01:15:33 »
I made a small sniper series a while back, started as just a one shot single mission, first one I ever made, and just kinda got sequeled. It used the concept of you being an Elite Russian Sniper. I'm currently updating it for Res.

I know keeping variation is hard, and ppl do get tired of the same old, sniper this officer and run for it.
As a suggestion, add twists in the mission itself, for example, in one of mine, you shot two officers, and were on the run, then as you approach your evac point, your boat is blown out of the water by an Apache. You then have to get to a nearby town, and take down the enemy apache before a friendly chopper comes to get you, and if for whatever reason, that chopper got shot down, I added one more way out, a nearby US chopper base where you simply steal a US chopper.
And in another one your captured at the end of the mission, and the next one you have to escape, and so on.
I think you have plenty of good advise here.

Panzeh

« Reply #12 on: 18 Apr 2004, 21:35:09 »
What about missions where the sniper acts as an FO, or protects someone, or something like that?

The_Lone_Pariah47

« Reply #13 on: 19 Apr 2004, 03:37:54 »
Sounds cool. Count me in. Email's pred_combistick@hotmail.com. Thinking of creating a campaign myself, but I don't mind putting mine on hold.

DBR_ONIX

« Reply #14 on: 20 Apr 2004, 20:33:57 »
Hmm
Ideas/twists..
Well, what about, after you've done the hit, either something like a hunter-squad, or a car chase thing (Depends on where the hit is, in an urbun place, it wold be more car chases, jungle, on foot, so a hunter squad)

Maybe near the end, you start to realise that what you've been doing is something wrong, like taking out people loyal to what ever country you are thinking your helping (Like in The Watchman, by Chris Ryan, kinda, as in the IRA guy thinks he providing the UK with info on IRA activity, but they are using him as cover for another mole in the IRA, not the last bit of the book, though :P)

So car-chases and conspirices, that'll make it interesting :P

BTW, how much realisim are you wanting (A high level, or a lower-level/slightly more fun)?

If it's high realisim, are you gonna have to lie in wait for days on end :P

Somehow, I find the Draganov just as easy to use at the M21... (It seems to be a lot more accurate than the m21, with me anyway)

There are lots of nice sniper packs.. One has remade one or two Counter-Strike snipers (As well as a few relife ones), www.ofp.info and here both (Should, ofp.info deff. has) have snipers/sniper weapon packs

I would happly play this campain, so I hope someone makes it :)
- Ben