Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: .PAA Addon sounds  (Read 894 times)

VipNatePimp

.PAA Addon sounds
« on: 23 Feb 2004, 01:48:37 »
Im making a MOD for another game (Call of Duty) and OFP addons have some of the best sounds for guns, planes, tanks, etc. I de-pboed a file to look for the addon sound files only to find out that i needed a PAA extrator. Anyone know where i can get thad. Or the sounds were ballistac stuidos got there little bird sounds from. And there Blachhawk sounds, etc, weapons.
Thanx
PS: Anyone know where i can get a .RES extrator

Offline icarus_uk

• Members
  • LiarLiarPants Inflame True
    • [furryclan]
Re:.PAA Addon sounds
« Reply #1 on: 23 Feb 2004, 02:55:42 »
.res files are just ordinary compressed files.  You can open them with winzip or winrar.

sound files are in .ogg format.  As long as you unpbo the addon, you should be able to easily extract the sounds.  .paa files are images, ie. textures.

If you are looking for different sounds, the very useful http://findsounds.com might help.
« Last Edit: 23 Feb 2004, 02:56:13 by [icarus_uk] »

VipNatePimp

« Reply #2 on: 23 Feb 2004, 04:36:54 »
     Aight thanx for telling me that PAA is textures lol :P. Uh idk bout the .RES though i can't find one winzip program that can unzip a .RES file. Do you know where i can get a program that can unzip it? Thanx.

Offline icarus_uk

• Members
    • [furryclan]
« Reply #3 on: 23 Feb 2004, 13:33:24 »
winzip or winrar can open .res files.  Just opening just like you would any file.  If .res files arent yet associated with winzip/rar yet in windows, you can rightclick it and select "open with".

VipNatePimp

« Reply #4 on: 24 Feb 2004, 03:07:44 »
Hmm im still having the same trouble. Windows....winzip, winrar, winace don't recongice the file. Maybe you misunderstood me. I wanted to convert .res to a .zip file or sumfin. unzip .res so I cound get inside its contents.  ???

Offline icarus_uk

• Members
    • [furryclan]
« Reply #5 on: 24 Feb 2004, 14:48:40 »
Hmm, it should work anyway.  Copy the file and rename the file from blah.res to blah.zip.

VipNatePimp

« Reply #6 on: 25 Feb 2004, 03:10:27 »
U can't "rename" the file so it says .zip it won't do anything.. its just the name of the file, etc... sounds.zip.res    sounds.zip is just the name of it .res is the extension. Do you know any other way to extract. Or for winrar or winzip did u dl a plugin so u could extract .res files????

Offline icarus_uk

• Members
    • [furryclan]
« Reply #7 on: 25 Feb 2004, 15:18:43 »
Windows hides file extensions by default.  You'll have to turn them back on so you can alter it.

VipNatePimp

« Reply #8 on: 25 Feb 2004, 17:14:20 »
Hmm, ok ill try that, if only I knew how to do it lol. Uh could your explain to me how to enable those. Do you mean for windows or the program itself?

Thanx Alot, nate