Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Satchel Script beta (A MUST SEE!)  (Read 2773 times)

_hammy_

Satchel Script beta (A MUST SEE!)
« on: 16 Sep 2002, 05:52:48 »

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: 16 Sep 2002, 05:53:56 by HAMMY »

Gameer_77

Re:Satchel Script beta (A MUST SEE!)
« Reply #1 on: 19 Sep 2002, 19:27:40 »
I like it. It would certainly make a Black-Op mission more fun and strategic.

Someone should make a mission with it...

8)PEACE

_hammy_

« Reply #2 on: 20 Sep 2002, 00:24:35 »
accually, i am going to release a mission for it sometime when i have time :)

killerkid

« Reply #3 on: 21 Sep 2002, 03:41:29 »
i havn't used it but i have a good comment.  Since its only a script not an addon it can be used without too much hastle.  nice going hammy!

_hammy_

« Reply #4 on: 21 Sep 2002, 03:55:32 »
why, thanks Killerkid... thank you

* HAMMY hugs Killerkid

Bremmer

« Reply #5 on: 21 Sep 2002, 14:13:34 »
Hello Hammy  :)

I just tried your script, and think it is very good. The motion sensor is a particularly good idea.
There are a few things I think need improved though:

- The player does not have any bombs in his inventory. They can carry a full load-out PLUS the bombs.

- The player can only place one bomb at a time. He is forced to detonate this bomb before he can lay another.

- You should add a switchmove to show the player burying the bomb.

- An option to increase the time before detonation with the timebombs (like with normal satchel charges) would be good.

- The titletext hints aren't really necessary.

As an afterthough I was thinking about the value of burying the bombs. In multiplayer it would have strategic advantages, but for single player you really need another script that will allow the AI to spot an unburied bomb, and react accordingly.

Cheers

_hammy_

« Reply #6 on: 21 Sep 2002, 17:07:27 »
thanks Bremmer, i like your thoughts about it, since this script took me months to make it (microsoft windows :) ) im going to rest for a while then i will get back started improving it, so if you have any ideas to improve it besides what bremmer said email me or just reply

Bronski

« Reply #7 on: 27 Sep 2002, 01:17:56 »
I haven't tried it out yet but from Bremmer's comments i think it would be cool if it was applied to the satchel charges in game.  Essentially adding more options to the already existing satchel charge.

Kaliyuga

« Reply #8 on: 08 Oct 2002, 07:06:07 »
i think it would be cool if it was applied to the satchel charges in game.  Essentially adding more options to the already existing satchel charge.

You'd have to edit the config.cpp of the satchel charge, and create a new add-on I believe..
as KillerKid mentioned one of the nice features for this script is that you don't need an add-on ;)