Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Images in signatures  (Read 1177 times)

PsyWarrior

Images in signatures
« on: 29 Jan 2004, 13:12:58 »
Greetings, leaders of the OFPEC,

I have a question: What is the OFPEC's policy on images in signatures? When I try to place an image in my sig, I get an "images not allowed in signatures message".

Yet I have seen some people with images in their sigs. Do I need to get permission or something?

So...some clarification please? I'm confused enough as it is, and my mind cannot comprehend this small problem, so any help is appreciated.

For reference - here is the image:

Thanks,
-Supreme Commander PsyWarrior
-Psychic Productions

Offline Noon416

• Old Bugger
  • Former Staff
Re:Images in signatures
« Reply #1 on: 29 Jan 2004, 13:45:20 »
Hi PsyWarrior,

You don't need permission, but we try not to actively encourage the situation by assisting with it. As you've seen though, it is possible.

The reason why we prefer people not to use this practice is that too many forums don't restrict pics in sig's, nor the size of them.
The result?
Two thirds of the page is spent just in signatures alone, and it gets frustrating for both the topic and loading times.

The other consideration to take into account is the size of the image you intend to use.
The sig you're going to use is far too big and you will need to scale that to a max height of 50 pixels.

Example:
« Last Edit: 29 Jan 2004, 14:03:04 by Noon416 »
"If a man talks in the woods and no woman hears him, is he still wrong?"

PsyWarrior

Re:Images in signatures
« Reply #2 on: 30 Jan 2004, 10:49:10 »
The sig you're going to use is far too big and you will need to scale that to a max height of 50 pixels.

Copy that. Back to Photoshop again, I guess...  ::)

Thanks for the reply, Noon.

-Supr. Cmdr. PsyWarrior
-Psychic Productions