Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: a nice small test mission  (Read 1416 times)

0sniper0

a nice small test mission
« on: 26 Jan 2004, 17:56:47 »
is there any way you can make your own men/enemy get scared on a mission. coz I was going to ask if its possible to make a mission like "the thing" where your men get scared and run like crazy (or away from battle, not turn into strange undesirable things  ;D) same goes with the enemy. if they lose lots of there men the freak out and run for the hills

is it possible or am I living in a dream world
Mr Anderson..........?? where did that come from  :o

Offline SEAL84

• Members
  • Always lurking
Re:a nice small test mission
« Reply #1 on: 26 Jan 2004, 18:57:00 »
Try using

allowfleeing 1

for the units you want to make "scared."  I haven't tried this myself but it should make them run like scared little girls :P

Captain Wacky

« Reply #2 on: 27 Jan 2004, 15:55:23 »
As well as what SEAL84 suggested you could set up a script utilising a trigger that sets off retreat waypoints when the enemy/friendly forces lose a certain amount of men. This way, you could also easily control the point when you them to run. For example, when they have 5 men left the trigger activates in synch with new waypoints of something lie that.

0sniper0

« Reply #3 on: 28 Jan 2004, 02:00:28 »
thanks. but anothere thing i wont it to do is if you have 5 men and there are about 20 enemy. your men run coz there are too many men to take on. also it would be good to put it over the radio like

"oh my god theres too many men aagh!"

DBR_ONIX

« Reply #4 on: 01 Feb 2004, 11:51:03 »
Something like
Code: [Select]
_enemyunit = enemygroup count units
_friendlyunit = friendgroup count units
if (_enemyunit > _friendlyunits)  THEN {
repeat "_x allowfleeing 1" for each group friendgroup

Call that script in a trigger, with two groups, one named enemygroup, one named friendgroup.. Friendgroup will run..

I've no idea if that is right, it should be though...
- Ben