Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Bolt Action rifles  (Read 4153 times)

LimeCordial

Bolt Action rifles
« on: 14 Sep 2002, 21:37:43 »
could someone try and make some decent bolt action rifles?

CrunchyFrog

Re:Bolt Action rifles
« Reply #1 on: 14 Sep 2002, 23:10:37 »
[FILO]HuBBa made a M24 and a Remington 870, its in the same package

FILO's site is apparently down, so you can probarly find them on ofp.cz

LimeCordial

« Reply #2 on: 14 Sep 2002, 23:19:35 »
arent those sniper rifles?  ??? i meant just rifles, like they had in ww2 or whatever.

Offline @cero

• Members
  • Yeah! Get some!!
« Reply #3 on: 15 Sep 2002, 15:28:11 »
some of the WWII mods are working on some of them, I think, but I have the impresion that this ones you'r about are more coment on WWI than WWII? I'm not sure, the Red Army used them in WWII very much so it would be good to have them aswell.
Later.
@CERO.
SCREWBY!!!

LimeCordial

« Reply #4 on: 15 Sep 2002, 16:54:56 »
i thought the german mauser was bolt action as well....

PunkerSXDX

« Reply #5 on: 15 Sep 2002, 20:03:20 »
Yeah I think the Germans did use some kind of Bolt action Rifle in WWII but the US used the M14, in WWI the US used a bolt action Springfield 1902 I think that's what it was called.

DrMeatballs

« Reply #6 on: 15 Sep 2002, 22:41:35 »
Yes the german Mauser K98 was bolt action they did have a few semi autos though. The Standard US weapon of ww2 was the M1 garand and not the M14.
[Filo] hubas pack included an unscoped remington 870 and it made the ideal weapon to start of a resistance campaign with.
The ww2 team are currently working on UK and japanese forces from ww2 both of which will have a bolt action rifle(SMLE for the brits).

SpclFrcsSnpr

« Reply #7 on: 15 Sep 2002, 22:46:50 »
I Just finished a new M40a1. It has a stock more like the real one and it is silenced. But do you want like varmint rifles or hunting rifles? I just had a thought we could take the human silouet target and make it smaller to the size of a prairie dog. Virtual Varmint hunting :D.LOL

Offline madmedic

• Members
  • You can run.....But you'll just die tired.
« Reply #8 on: 15 Sep 2002, 22:53:51 »
I just had a thought we could take the human silouet target and make it smaller to the size of a prairie dog. Virtual Varmint hunting :D.LOL

LOL,...There ya go, If we had prairie dogs, and if someone would make an AR15 with a bull barrel, and scope...we could go varmint shootin on Desert Malden.

SpclFrcsSnpr

« Reply #9 on: 15 Sep 2002, 22:56:32 »
Ya I was workin on a bull barrel ar15 but the file was corrupted or somethin. Ill try to finish it and I'll post it here.

Offline madmedic

• Members
« Reply #10 on: 15 Sep 2002, 23:21:53 »
The US used the M1903 Springfield, and then the M1903-A3 Springfield in early WWII (both are bolt action)...they Later moved on to the M1 Garand (semi auto) which saw service throughout the rest of WWII, and in Korea.  The Germans used Mausers (bolt action)... and they later developed G/K.43 rifles (semi auto)

The M14 was in use early in Viet Nam, but was replaced by the M16 during the war. (although the M14 is still employed for some purposes, including sniper use)

SpclFrcsSnpr

« Reply #11 on: 16 Sep 2002, 00:28:59 »

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline madmedic

• Members
« Reply #12 on: 16 Sep 2002, 00:33:35 »
Look out Mr. Gopher

SpclFrcsSnpr

« Reply #13 on: 16 Sep 2002, 00:35:25 »
Now Im gonna make a gopher. I wonder how? Maybe as a static object

PunkerSXDX

« Reply #14 on: 16 Sep 2002, 03:46:27 »
Yes the german Mauser K98 was bolt action they did have a few semi autos though. The Standard US weapon of ww2 was the M1 garand and not the M14.
[Filo] hubas pack included an unscoped remington 870 and it made the ideal weapon to start of a resistance campaign with.
The ww2 team are currently working on UK and japanese forces from ww2 both of which will have a bolt action rifle(SMLE for the brits).

Was the M14 Korea? Cause I know it was old in Vietnam and the M16 was first made in 1948, but had Problems until the M16A1 came out during Vietnam... I think