Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Help with skiptime (need everyone to have the same time)  (Read 1672 times)

_54th_Yoshi

I'm working on a mp mission that uses skiptime to let you fight in day and night, but the problem is that not eveyone has the same time after a while. Is it possible to have a server variable to control the time?

Cloughy

Re:Help with skiptime (need everyone to have the same time)
« Reply #1 on: 17 Sep 2002, 03:00:05 »
I,m trying similar things. Basically i want to skip to next morning. So i got time in secs, /60 , /60 to get the hour, then took this value off 24. But it seems to be jumping to the following night. I also have a skip time before it for 12 hours. but it looks like the game is only taking off the actual time played (ie 1.5 hrs rather than 14 or so that the watch says.)
So im going to try to minus off 12 rather than 24.

Lets me know if you solve problem
Cheers
GC

CosmicEvo

« Reply #2 on: 19 Sep 2002, 00:46:40 »
Ok, to skip the same amount of time for everyone in a mp game the first thing to do is:

1.  Make a trigger on the map (I call mine server)
2.  Create a global variable (in init.sqs) for the time to skip to.
3.  In the time jumping script have the first line be
     ?!(local server):goto "client"
4.  After this line, only the server performs the task, so set your global variable to whatever time you want.  Then make it public (ie.  PublicVariable "variable name" )
5.  Then change some other variable to let the clients know the server is finished.
6.  Make a client tagline (ie. #client) and start it off with a @variablename (for whatever variable lets the clients know the server is ready)
7.  use your skiptime command with the publicvariable of what time you want to skip to...

There you go, that should work for you, if not I have a script in my mp mission that does this already.  I don't have access right now (I'm at work), but I can attach it here if you really need it....

Cosmic Evolution

CosmicEvo

« Reply #3 on: 19 Sep 2002, 00:54:29 »
That was kinda long winded eh?

heres an example

in init.sqs

timetojumpto = 0
serverdone = 0

in timejump.sqs

?!(local server):goto "client"
timetojumpto = ???
publicvariable "timetojumoto"
serverdone = 1
publicVariable "serverdone"

#client
@serverdone == 1
skiptime timetojumpto

That's it, looks alot simpler this way, and it should work....

_hammy_

« Reply #4 on: 19 Sep 2002, 01:28:00 »
instead of using a script, do this
on the On activation of a trigger or what ever u want to use:

skiptime duration

Description
Skip time. Daylight is adjusted, weather change is estimated, no changes in any units are done. Duration is in hours.

Example
skiptime 2.5

_54th_Yoshi

« Reply #5 on: 19 Sep 2002, 03:18:45 »
What i was trying to do with skiptime was after every 5 seconds it skips 0.2 time and i wanted it to repeat. Sorda like fast time.