Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Dam-buster?  (Read 786 times)

Offline wired

• Members
  • Explosion Scripter for the [unsung] mod!!!
Dam-buster?
« on: 30 Dec 2003, 21:58:45 »
Any chance that someone could make a dam-buster from WW2? I was thinking of the COC torpedos but with a horizontal barrel for the bomb and instead of the proppelers on the torp spinning on a dambuster, make the whole barrel spin. It would have to bounce on the surface of the water and it would also be good to have something to launch it from. I think it was a lancaster bomber? oh well it would be a good idea, any ww2 mods listening?
We have a problem at 'Oscar-Charlie 2-7' do you read me? Well its that guy with the RPG!

SgtPoole

Re:Dam-buster?
« Reply #1 on: 31 Dec 2003, 00:07:13 »
Yeah, funnily enough there was a tv program on that just now. It was a lancaster yeah.

deaddog

« Reply #2 on: 31 Dec 2003, 02:42:40 »
The only problem with that is that there are no dams.  As far as I know, water can only exist at sea level in OFP land.  I could be wrong, though :)

Offline scud

• Members
« Reply #3 on: 31 Dec 2003, 02:44:14 »
We had a lancaster in the works but no turrets on planes put a hold on that for a while.

Might as well hang a sign off the back saying shoot me up the ass.

Those that know - say nothing. Those that know nothing - tell all.

Offline wired

• Members
« Reply #4 on: 31 Dec 2003, 17:48:11 »
@sgtpoole:
True there was a program on that just as i was posting this......but i swear...em.... i never got it off...em.... there...  ;)

@deaddog
Some scripting could make the bomb bounce on the water, (i tried it with COC torps but i couldn't get it just right! They travelled at over 150mph didn't they? The closest i coold get to that was a skval and it looked wrong!)

Any way, A dam would be exelent, maybe a WW2 mod could make a map with loads of Dams? Just a thought!
We have a problem at 'Oscar-Charlie 2-7' do you read me? Well its that guy with the RPG!

deaddog

« Reply #5 on: 31 Dec 2003, 19:11:18 »
The point I was trying to make is that a dam if OFP is useless.  The water behind the dam cannot be higher than sea level, so it wouldn't look right.  Of course, someone can make a damn but the water would be the same level on both sides.

Offline wired

• Members
« Reply #6 on: 02 Jan 2004, 14:47:04 »
Ah! I understand what you are saying now! I wasn't sure what you meant before, but cant someone make a dam based on a fountain? I think it should work, i mean if you run at a fountain wall for long enough, you get trapped inside the water basin. Could something similer be done for a dam using 'artificial' water?