Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: WrpEdit Camera Prob!  (Read 623 times)

Guyver NOD

WrpEdit Camera Prob!
« on: 05 Dec 2003, 19:06:52 »
In wrpedit, when I use the camera I just get a Black Screen or Water. Depending on what option I open the camera on. I have restarted wrpedit and loaded it again, but I still get the same fault.

Can some one please help me?

Kaliyuga

Re:WrpEdit Camera Prob!
« Reply #1 on: 05 Dec 2003, 19:34:07 »
 If you're getting a black screen try clicking on the full screen option and let the picture load.. and then unclick the full screen ... sometimes if I accidentally resize the preview screen I'll get that black screen too, but going to full screen and back usually solves it... as does restarting the program......

if you're only seeing water then you're camera is somewhere out to sea ;)

You'll want to go to the objects tab , and then the camera tab that appears below it a bit ...

you'll see the button 'set by mouse'    now you can click somewhere on your map and the camera will start at that position instead of floating out in the ocean ;D

:cheers:

Guyver NOD

« Reply #2 on: 05 Dec 2003, 22:24:00 »
I tried what you said and it did not solve my problem. As for the water, I already had clicked, Set by mouse and clicked on my map. All I got was water.

I never got a readme file with my WrpEditor, do I perhaps have to place it in a certain folder?

Offline Planck

• Honoured
  • Former Staff
  • I'm never wrong ....I'm just not always right !
« Reply #3 on: 05 Dec 2003, 22:32:15 »
No you can place WrpEdit where you want.

There are some tutorials for WrpEdit in the Editors Depot.

Try here:

http://www.ofpec.com/editors/browse.php?category=1_8

It sounds to me like you either have all you terrain below sea level......or     the default terrain flags have not been set.

btw......When I get a blackish screen with the preview window I usually just move the camera up with the Page Up key.

Planck
« Last Edit: 05 Dec 2003, 22:34:40 by Planck »
I know a little about a lot, and a lot about a little.

Guyver NOD

« Reply #4 on: 05 Dec 2003, 22:46:49 »
Thank you, I had not learnt about default terrain flags. I just wanted to make a simple map. So I wasn't going to touch any thing like that.

Again Thank you, makeing a map is alot more complicated then I thought!