Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: The Long Haul MP  (Read 1676 times)

O Neil

The Long Haul MP
« on: 27 Nov 2003, 07:32:40 »
Hey

Just an idea that sorta poped up, & I hope there's already a mission like this.

Is there a MP mission where there is a lotta flexibility ? I'm meaning sorta like, 2+ teams have to find each other & kill each other (Duh) all over the map useing whatevers at hand eg. One team finds an airport so they take some planes & try to locate the other team on the ground somewhere on the map who have in their team (Same as every team) an AA launcher . . . getting a bit off track.

But what I'm proposing is a sorta 2-5 hour game ( ;) ) where you gotta track down & kill other teams all over the map . . . I think it'll be a buzz roming around in a team trying to hunt others down ;)

Just a thought.

O'Neil

Offline General Barron

• Former Staff
  • Semper Fi!
Re:The Long Haul MP
« Reply #1 on: 27 Nov 2003, 09:04:28 »
I think if it were just 2 squads trying to find each other on a whole island, it would get kinda dull...

But I would suggest one of the many Capture the Island missions. It is sort of like that, where you try to hunt down the other guy's base, but there are a lot more units on the map, so there is more action. And the games usually do take at least a few hours. I love those games; they are quite fun!
HANDSIGNALS COMMAND SYSTEM-- A realistic squad-control modification for OFP
kexp.org-- The best radio station in the world, right here at home! Listen to John Richards!

Homefry31464

« Reply #2 on: 27 Nov 2003, 17:52:50 »
I think this would be awesome as well.  Maybe have larger numbers of people, but have them be able to use many vehicles and weapons.  

O Neil

« Reply #3 on: 28 Nov 2003, 04:46:38 »
Hey

Yea, lol, not being a fan of actually playing the game (I suck at it), didn't realalise the Capture the island one.

I'm sure it's fun, but do you get lotsa vehicles ? Think it woujld make it really fun. I was sorta heading towards the realism side of it you know, not buy vehicles etc, there are vehicles you find at places.
 Also reckon that a few more teams would be better spanning over the whole island (Prefebly a medium sized island, not Nogova or anything)

O'Neil
« Last Edit: 28 Nov 2003, 04:49:05 by O Neil »

Offline General Barron

• Former Staff
  • Semper Fi!
« Reply #4 on: 29 Nov 2003, 06:37:14 »
Yeah, you get lots of vehicles in CTI.
HANDSIGNALS COMMAND SYSTEM-- A realistic squad-control modification for OFP
kexp.org-- The best radio station in the world, right here at home! Listen to John Richards!

O Neil

« Reply #5 on: 30 Nov 2003, 04:44:54 »
But you buy them don't ya ? Oh well, who cares ;)

O'Neil

Offline KJAM

• Contributing Member
  • Why Me, Whats it For?
    • Nightstalker mod
« Reply #6 on: 30 Nov 2003, 14:30:28 »
how about Karrilions RTS-3 thing thats really good, even thought you have to download a lot of addons for it lol

O Neil

« Reply #7 on: 02 Dec 2003, 01:29:56 »
RTS, lol, you buy vehicles don't ya ?

O'Neil

PS: I've been working on a prefabricated mission on Skye, but it will lagg  :-[

Sol Fire

« Reply #8 on: 02 Dec 2003, 07:16:01 »
i get what your sayin O Neil

i started a mission sorta like that while back but due to unfortunate circumstances i no longer have it  :(

you would like a mission with 2 or so teams of at least 4 or 5 men to each that are "Stranded" on the island so to speak where they have no idea what they will find and where, the island is practically Deserted other then them being there and the remnants of the Former inhabitants still remain so if you go to a town your likely to find a car or 2, go to a bi town you might find about 20 or 30 of em etc..

and guns, ammo, equipment, etc.. is stranded all over the island to absolutely none of the players knowledge as to where they are and if they are really there (unless of course you made the mission) along with the fact you have to kill each other your best to find shelter or place to make camp before running around for stuff

you could start near a town or start miles from the nearest road, you have a choice of finding equipment and taking all you can find as to not allow the enemy to get it or you can just use the equipment you have in the beginning and risk getting wiped out, you can find vehicles, weapons etc.. and if you get anything you have to protect it untill you get to base because you have no idea if enemy is around or not, you may even find some mountable guns that you can mount anywhere you like and get a inf on for more defencive options etc.. you may find tanks, or feul trucks, maybe a ammo truck filled with guns and explosives

and all vehicles have a certain amount of fuel so some may be full some may be empty and some may get you 3 feet before dieing

let me know if im getting close to your invisionment of the mission  ;)

O Neil

« Reply #9 on: 02 Dec 2003, 11:26:44 »
Hey

It's only sorta half done since I'm not a very good mission maker ;)

O'Neil

PS: There are markers

Phantom

« Reply #10 on: 28 Dec 2003, 10:06:40 »
i haven't read the rest of this thread so excuse me if i'm going over some old stuff. i made a large CTF map a while ago on Meekong. It's got about 7 bases on it I think. Most have choppers, boats, vehicles, some armour, but only APC's I think. But it varies depending on the size of the base. I stopped making it thoug coz no-one was interested in it.