Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Bis Resistance Campaign -- WWII Russian Conversion  (Read 1207 times)

kueter

Bis Resistance Campaign -- WWII Russian Conversion
« on: 23 Nov 2003, 22:48:03 »
Hiya all, :)

I have been recently playing the I44 demo, and personally, i can't stop. lol. I think it is one of the best mods around. ;D

Anyways, I think a WWII conversion of the Bis Resistance campaign would be appropriate. There are many angles a mission maker could go about doing this, but let me just throw out this suggestion. Hopefully, it hasn't already been posted. Please note, my thoughts are only general at this point in time.  :P

I think setting the Bis Resistance campaign against the backdrop of the German invasion of Russia could be both fun and interesting. Victor could be an Russian ex-WWI vet or peasant farmer. Maybe center the story around Stalingrad or other major battle points of Operation Barbarossa.

What do you guys think about this? Any good addons that could make this better? Any takers?  ???

Peace,
Kueter

m21man

Re:Bis Resistance Campaign -- WWII Russian Conversion
« Reply #1 on: 24 Nov 2003, 01:39:48 »
That would require so many changes it wouldn't be much like the original Resistance campaign :o . You'd need a new island, plus you'd need to wait until I44 releases their full mod to get all of the necessary units.

As a side note, I really hope that I44 gets its act together and releases a good, truly original island. Changing the town names is not making a new island >:( !

Ade

« Reply #2 on: 09 Jan 2004, 21:30:02 »
I like the sound of this as there are so many different mission types that become possible and a good new Island could make for a very atmospheric mod, especially with a winter setting.  For lots of ideas, watch "Enemy at the Gates" - Jude Law and Ed Harris play a Russian and a German sniper stalking each other through the ruins of Stalingrad.

Tank battles, urban combat, sniper missions and ground attack with Sturmoviks, BF110''s etc would work well - the slow speed of the planes would fit with the small(ish) OFP map size.

Ade

SgtPoole

« Reply #3 on: 11 Jan 2004, 14:54:43 »
Yeah, that would be cool, but getting WWII Russian units that fit well with I44s might be a problem.

On a side note, I44s Sicily island wasn't  for the final mod so they wouldn't have had any intention of making an original island, and they're Holland map is coming along nicely.