Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Howatzers for OFP cold war crisis  (Read 1812 times)

Rouse02

Howatzers for OFP cold war crisis
« on: 23 Nov 2003, 21:20:58 »
 will they make a artilery pack for operation flashpont cwc?
They alredy have it for restance, it looks rely cool so will some make it for cwc!   :-\

Kaliyuga

Re:Howatzers for OFP cold war crisis
« Reply #1 on: 23 Nov 2003, 22:01:28 »
 doubtful...  most of the functions probably wouldn't work under ancient versions of the game due to all the awesome new commands that have been added since then..

I don't think any addon makers are going out of their way to make things CWC compatible anymore.  

:cheers:

m21man

« Reply #2 on: 23 Nov 2003, 23:16:33 »
As far as I know, something like UA is completely impossible to do in 1.46. You'll either have to buy Resistance or settle with the antique camcreate artillery.

Offline General Barron

• Former Staff
  • Semper Fi!
« Reply #3 on: 24 Nov 2003, 05:32:25 »
I know there was an artillery script for 1.46 that used tanks to fire shells that would fly towards the target. Just like UA, really, only this script was done far before UA ever was started....

I can't seem to find it now, though. I got it in the editor's depot.
HANDSIGNALS COMMAND SYSTEM-- A realistic squad-control modification for OFP
kexp.org-- The best radio station in the world, right here at home! Listen to John Richards!

cameronmc

« Reply #4 on: 24 Nov 2003, 07:57:09 »
I wish people would consider us poor souls stuck with either dodge puters and/or cold war crisis.

Terrible state of affairs when even the universal flare launcher won't work on mine. <sigh>

Cameron

Offline Dinger

• Contributing Member
  • where's the ultra-theoretical mega-scripting forum
« Reply #5 on: 24 Nov 2003, 15:49:00 »
Barron, you're thinking of the "Direct Fire Artillery Script" or sometihng.  It never worked on my copy.

it's not "Just like UA" for a number of reasons (limited to 3200m, low-angle only, all script based, firing tables instead of neural nets, limited control system, not-MP compatible), but it is about as good as you're going to get for 1.46.
And if you really want something for Single Player that seems realistic, you can always get my artillery suite from last year, which uses camcreated shells.

Sorry guys, we're not going to develop for 1.46.  Only about half the hacks we used in UA would work, so we'd have to develop an entirely different product, and it wouldn't be as good.  That's just a waste of time.
Now, if you were to pay me $10,000, I'd have the time and money to do the port, and it would work reasonably well.
Dinger/Cfit

m21man

« Reply #6 on: 24 Nov 2003, 16:31:06 »
I wish people would consider us poor souls stuck with either dodge puters and/or cold war crisis.
Personally, I try to make things compatible for people with lower-power computers, but I'm not going to go out of my way to make a script CWC compatible because someone doesn't want to spend $15.

Offline General Barron

• Former Staff
  • Semper Fi!
« Reply #7 on: 24 Nov 2003, 20:13:09 »
  Take it from me, who didn't bother to get Resistance until a few months ago: it is WELL worth spending the $10-20 to get Resistance. Having it opens up SO many doors for you, and makes OFP twice as fun. NO ONE is going to bother making things CWC compatible anymore, and there really isn't any reason why they should anyway. How old is version 1.46? At least 2 years, right? There is no reason why you shouldn't have Resistance.
kexp.org-- The best radio station in the world, right here at home! Listen to John Richards!

cameronmc

« Reply #8 on: 26 Nov 2003, 07:23:24 »
With all due respect, guys, have you seen the prices for the Aussie version? It's still camping around 60 bucks here, and I don't work - being still at school. 10-15 bucks - if it cost that here of course I'd go out and get it! Jeez, I've got that much hanging around my room in 10c coins!

But ah well, these things happen. Keep up the good work anyway, boys, I'll get there eventually.  :)

Haha - plus Res sounds way too complicated for me. Functions? What the?

Offline General Barron

• Former Staff
  • Semper Fi!
« Reply #9 on: 27 Nov 2003, 01:08:04 »
It's still camping around 60 bucks here, and I don't work - being still at school.

How'd you afford CWC? :P

bigdog632

« Reply #10 on: 27 Nov 2003, 01:17:13 »
christmas is coming up....i think that is pretty much a widely celebrated  holiday ask for it then

m21man

« Reply #11 on: 27 Nov 2003, 08:42:33 »
How did they bring it up to $60 :o ? That's an obsence price to charge for an expansion pack.

Haha - plus Res sounds way too complicated for me. Functions? What the?
If you can do scripts, you can probably do functions.

cameronmc

« Reply #12 on: 28 Nov 2003, 07:04:09 »
I got CWC and RH for me bday - but yeah, $60 is fairly steep - true that.

Sounds like a plan, boys! I'll see if I can get da folks to get it for me, plus it should be much cheaper than that for christmas, with any luck.

Haha - I feel really jarred! But hey, it's all good.
Cheers.

m21man

« Reply #13 on: 28 Nov 2003, 08:46:47 »
$60 is a grossly inflated price for even a full game. I've never seen a game costing that much in the U.S. , even when the game is a new release.

Edit - Does that figure count sale's tax?

cameronmc

« Reply #14 on: 28 Nov 2003, 11:19:56 »
Yeah, includes the 10% GST we have over here, but hmmmmmm, I think I'll go and check whether the price has dropped - last time was bout a week ago.

Diablo II LOD was vastly expensive when it came out, if I recall - and Res seems to be more than a mere expansion pak, like LOD - since Res seems to alter the entire game experience, new units, functions, etc. (My Paladin kicks ass!)

Hmmm, not advocating illegality or anything - but does Res come with Fade (that protection device)? Haha - I'm thinking of acquiring it somehow.

Cheers.