Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Idea- Tonali Genocide  (Read 3644 times)

Offline KJAM

• Contributing Member
  • Why Me, Whats it For?
    • Nightstalker mod
Idea- Tonali Genocide
« on: 22 Nov 2003, 22:09:31 »
basically the tonal government are performing grotesque experimentations on the civilian population so the "rebels" come to you for help

You are part of an elite Mercenary group and you (and the rest of your 5 man team) get dispatched to Tonali to investigate.

your objective are simple.

infiltrate the base, preferably without raising the alarm.

infiltrate the main research building.

get the hell out of there.

the reason you dont want to trigger the alarm is because in addition to the 4 tower lookouts and an unknown amount of patrolling soldiers, once the alarm is set off re-enforcments will appear from the buildings, some will re-enforce the base, others will get in a Jeep with a MG on and patrol and also a Hind will takeoff and patrol. so not a good thing.

you cannot be dropped close to the base as it has AA capabilities (which may even end up as one of you objectives) so you will be dropped off quite a distance away from the base and rely only on your compass and the moonlight to guide you.

this is going to be a real sneak-em up with hopefully as little shooting as possible, relying more on high brainpower instead of heavy firepower.

thats it incidentally ive started making this so if you guys have any ideas feel free to share them. (nope its not recruiting :P)

ADDONS IM USING OR THINKING OF INCLUDING
BAS OPFOR & Tonal
BAS Blackhawks
BAS Delta/Rangers

SoldierX

Re:Idea- Tonali Genocide
« Reply #1 on: 23 Nov 2003, 01:54:12 »
what're you supposed to do when you infiltrated the research buildin?

Offline KJAM

• Contributing Member
  • Why Me, Whats it For?
    • Nightstalker mod
« Reply #2 on: 23 Nov 2003, 22:24:20 »
i dont know maybe blow the place up lol, thats why i need peoples input and ideas

SoldierX

« Reply #3 on: 24 Nov 2003, 04:28:45 »
hmmm....maybe you can steal some files inside of it and then blow it up.

Offline Planck

• Honoured
  • Former Staff
  • I'm never wrong ....I'm just not always right !
« Reply #4 on: 24 Nov 2003, 20:13:04 »
Well if the facility is housing subjects that have been experimented on, you don't really want to blow up the poor guinea pigs.

Maybe gather evidence, documents and such, and also possibly rescue the victims.

Planck
I know a little about a lot, and a lot about a little.

TJ

« Reply #5 on: 25 Nov 2003, 02:03:33 »
dont forget the working tv and radio units in Tonal, maybe you have to destroy a tv and video unit containing evidence or obtain it?........

TJ  <- v drunk

Offline KJAM

• Contributing Member
  • Why Me, Whats it For?
    • Nightstalker mod
« Reply #6 on: 25 Dec 2003, 14:01:38 »
i was thinking along the lines of the guinea pigs has been subjected to a new kind of Chemical weapon, and the only way to stop it spreading is to torch the whole place

Offline Spooky

• Members
« Reply #7 on: 27 Dec 2003, 02:22:38 »
Kidnap a scientist for interrogation
« Last Edit: 27 Dec 2003, 02:31:19 by Spooky »
"On My signal Unleash Hell!"

O Neil

« Reply #8 on: 27 Dec 2003, 10:08:57 »
Hey

This is constructive critisism, and I wish not to get into a feud over this. I'm willing to just scrap it if you say so.

When I read the post, the story line gripped me. But then reading more . . . it looks just like a normal, BO infiltration with a few "perks." Sounds like your focusing more on the base set-up than the story-line.

I'd say something like, you get into the facility, and some alarms go off or something, and the building shuts down. Then when you break out or something, all the base enemy are dead, and you have to fight something else . . .

Just my oppinion, sounds ghey, but I'm more for story line, makes it more attractive ;)

(O'Neil

PS: If you don't like it, ignor this post. ;) ;) ;)

Phantom

« Reply #9 on: 28 Dec 2003, 10:03:48 »
why do they need to be elite? I'm sick of everyone saying that you play a special forces soldier, etc. etc. It's old and it makes it boring now. What happened to just being a grunt or a digger in my country. Just make him a merc like the rest of them.

Offline KJAM

• Contributing Member
  • Why Me, Whats it For?
    • Nightstalker mod
« Reply #10 on: 29 Dec 2003, 09:49:19 »
phantom.......re read this

You are part of an elite Mercenary group and you (and the rest of your 5 man team) get dispatched to Tonali to investigate.

so its not special forces.......hope that sinks in lol.

O Neil, thanks for the suggestion, constructive critisism is always welcome from me, just not the other kind :D this mission will be just a basic one and then after you finish it all hell will break loose (more missions), and im prol gonna include more story, if you want i can write most of the story out and email it you if ya want.

and im gonna uild more on the structure of the Mercenary Group explain it and all that etc lol

Quid Novi

« Reply #11 on: 01 Jan 2004, 20:45:03 »
why not add a bit more of a story to it as well...

we all know the US had been funding terrorist organisations around the world (CIA trained and gave weapons to Bin Laden to fight the Russians, and to Sadam to fight the Iranians) - so why not add a similiar twist?

Mercenaries paid and kitted and trained by CIA... add a plot twist at the end? like the CIA operative who is you ren-de-vous takes the files and then has the liberty of silencing whitneses and making sure the operation isn't traced back to the US... as in, he tries to kill u... some kind of escape and evasion deal from then...

lots of scope  :D

Homefry31464

« Reply #12 on: 02 Jan 2004, 03:10:16 »
It wouldn't be that hard to kill one person.  Why not have it this way.

Lets assume it's 1990. Tonal has just recently recovered from the downfall of Apartheid.  A new government, headed by one man, Muhammad Garlafa.  (I need help with names, feel free to suggest better ones.)  Galarfa gains power forcefully, but also brings economic prosperity with him.  New factory deals soon begin to take place, mainly because of the availablity of cheap labor on Tonal.  

The new government also begins to form a military, buying cheap weapons from the Russians and its smaller surrounding countries.  The government soon decides they want more "bang for their buck."  They offer to pay a few scientists from the former USSR to develop chemical weapons for them.  The scientists, out of work, gladly agree.

The goverment soon begins to take what they classify as criminals, placing them in internment camps.  A few months pass, and the first new weapon is ready for testing.  By now, there are already almost a hundred prisoners.  The government tests different delivery methods, mist, indigestion, forced (not sure what to call this, like being shot with the agent on the tip).  

This is a start, i'll continue it later.

Offline KJAM

• Contributing Member
  • Why Me, Whats it For?
    • Nightstalker mod
« Reply #13 on: 02 Jan 2004, 04:54:55 »
damn homefry you practically summed up what i was going to do but added more to it, thanks man, i think im gonna do a few missions first which get you more sympathetic to the mercs , here is the structure of the Mer Organisation from largest to smallest inits codenamed form ;D. (all Codenames for lances/swords/maces are in order so the 1st lance in the 1st Mace in the 1st Sword in the only shield would be in its FULL codename Shield Alpha One Sigma[/b] etc)

Mercenary Group - 1 Shield in the group

Shields  -  3 Swords in a Shield (180 Men in total)

Shield Codename is just Shield

Swords - 3 Maces in a Sword (60 Men)

Sword Codenames - Alpha, Beta, Gamma

Mace - 5 Lances in a Mace (20 men in total)

Mace Codenames - One, Two, Three

Lance  - 4 men in a lance

Lance Codenames - Sigma, Epsilon, Zeta, Lambda, Omega

so in total there are 45 independantly Operated lances (or Mercenary Strike teams, much like squads but smaller)

Each Lance gets its orders (or options of which mission to chose) from the main organisation which occasionally supplies Re-armament/replacement recruits but the lance/sword/mace is generally expected to be able to survive independantly, in the event that the main organisation is attacked or the swords/mace/shield are attacked so one attack cannot cripple it

and so thats just the whole ranking thing, instead of squads, companies, platoons etc because they are a mercenary force and not an army
might seem a bit confusing to you but bit more better to me .

forced (not sure what to call this, like being shot with the agent on the tip)
you mean injected lol :p.

for the mist format i think being combined within an atmos and over time gradually increasing to see what it would take to kill (sorta like putting the chemical in the air conditioning and upping the dose till it works)

other ways could be.

Skin Contact,
Hidden in food,
as you said ingestion, as in tablets lol or maybe you meant food.

im sure there are other ways but im not an expert in the many ways of getting chemical substances into the human body ;D lol.

as for names, the Mercs (the few who will be introduced) will have various european names (as the Merc Org is Europe Based) and the main Tonali Civilians will have names as well as the new founded President of the United Tonali Government (or UTG for an acronym).

whew i think that was a rather long post, hope most of it made sense lol :P

Homefry31464

« Reply #14 on: 02 Jan 2004, 05:05:26 »
I got it for the most part.  If its a series of missions, how about one of them being where you escape the government forces, then have a cutscene where you tell the mercenary group you need their help.  That way, you develop the story line and the player doesn't get bored reading.