Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Is Operation Lojack the only one?  (Read 1382 times)

Offline Tenchu

• Members
  • No Comment
Is Operation Lojack the only one?
« on: 21 Nov 2003, 11:11:58 »
I finally got my 2 networked computers working with voice comms through roger wilco and its amazing fun  ;D

We mainly play "death match" type missions but these can get a bit boring with just 2 players  :(

A coop of operation lojack is amazing and i was just wondering if anyone can recomend any other coop mission of similar "Quality" to lojack?, and where to get them?

thanks  :)
There is a time and a place for the use of weapons.
- Miyamoto Musashi, The Book of Five Rings, The Ground Book

Offline toadlife

• OFPEC Old Skool
  • Former Staff
  • Official OFP Editing Center Toad
    • toadlife.net
Re:Is Operation Lojack the only one?
« Reply #1 on: 21 Nov 2003, 23:52:33 »
I finally got my 2 networked computers working with voice comms through roger wilco and its amazing fun  ;D
I envy you. I don't personally know ANYONE who plays OFP.

We mainly play "death match" type missions but these can get a bit boring with just 2 players  :(
Amen to that.

A coop of operation lojack is amazing and i was just wondering if anyone can recomend any other coop mission of similar "Quality" to lojack?, and where to get them?
NOw I REALLY envy you. When I made Operaton LoJack I was on 56K, and was never able to really enjoy it the way it could by enjoyed (with fast connection and voice comms) - now that I have Cable internet, the online MP OFP community is so small that organizing a good game with is extremely hard.

Thanks for the kind words regarding LoJack. :) I wrote it with quailty, and immersiveness - not broad based likeability, in mind. Many people don't like Lojack coop because they are either impatient or they are super rambo type **cough - Anmac** ;D ;D, and need large amounts of blood in their missions to be satisfied.

I wish I could recommend good coop missions, but I was never able to play OFP multiplayer due to me having a crap conenction in the 'golden days' of OFP MP.

Have you downloaded the highly rated coop missions from the OFPEC mission depot? LoJack is somewhere in the que at the mission depot (it's been there for over a year now), but there mgiht be some other good coops that have been reviewed at the mission depot.

"Whenever you want information on the 'net, don't ask a question; just post a wrong answer." -- Cancer Omega.

Offline macguba

• Former Staff
    • macguba's operation flashpoint page
« Reply #2 on: 22 Nov 2003, 01:02:11 »
Have a look in the beta testing board too.   There's some good stuff there that doesn't get the attention it deserves.
Plenty of reviewed ArmA missions for you to play

Captain Winters

« Reply #3 on: 23 Nov 2003, 18:35:49 »
Definately. You'll find tons of great beta missions!  ;D

Tanks!  8)

Anmac

« Reply #4 on: 24 Nov 2003, 13:36:51 »
Many people don't like Lojack coop because they are either impatient or they are super rambo type **cough - Anmac**  , and need large amounts of blood in their missions to be satisfied.

lol...  not quite correct.   It needs to be long enough to be worth all the coding.   ;)

Antipathy isn't a blood bath, but it's long and has a range of different objectives.  (not that it's as well coded as lojack, because it's not)

You will need to be patient though as the mission is something like 2 hours long... from memory.

Too bad I haven't finished the co-op version of 1.6.  :P

:joystick: