Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: is this posible  (Read 2349 times)

the postman

is this posible
« on: 21 Aug 2002, 08:43:13 »
sorry if my english not so good. mydad come on here alot but my mom bitch him out because it take all his time. he is asleepe right now so i cnt ask him. Q, can i some how chnage the name of city on map.. like, one city name is "petrovice"
on the map called "novgova" can i change "petrovice" to
somthin else? thank you.

p.s. he give me all his mission and stuff to finnisch for him he say i have to help my self now. :'(

Homicide

Re:is this posible
« Reply #1 on: 21 Aug 2002, 08:45:48 »
 hmmmm try using warpedit that might work

the postman

« Reply #2 on: 21 Aug 2002, 09:01:21 »
ok, thank  you, i find that here on the computer. i will see if it works. :)

tai mai shu

« Reply #3 on: 21 Aug 2002, 09:11:21 »
well, isnt the name Petrovice, a marker entity on the map? so theoretically, there must be a way to move it.  I mean, totally re-editing the entire nogova map just to add a new name is really impracticle

a really cruse way would be to use markers to black out the petrovice name, and add a marker with your new city name, but that way blows cuz it looks so nasty

the postman

« Reply #4 on: 21 Aug 2002, 09:33:16 »
thank you tai mai shu,

you a little bit close to what i want. i only want to chang name of cityname, but not ugly like you say. the wrpedit thing is alittle bit to much for me right now. wenn not posible,
i do some thing difrent. thank you :)

Offline KTottE

• Former Staff
« Reply #5 on: 21 Aug 2002, 10:05:46 »
Those names aren't just marker objects. They are coded into the config.bin file. If you make your own island addon, you have to write your own config.cpp, and that's where you define the names.
OFP Internals has a lot of excellent tutorials on this.
"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming 'WOW What a Ride!'"