Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Water cannons  (Read 1781 times)

Torak

Water cannons
« on: 14 Nov 2003, 23:37:21 »
I've been thinking... Here in Brussels, the police use water cannons a lot; two boxes on top of a big black truck, each with a water cannon mounted with a coaxial searchlight.

Then I thought it should be possible to make something similar in OFP; even if beam weapons can't be done, making high-mass, low-velocity bullets (where each "bullet" would be, say, an inch of the spray), firing at a very high rate of fire, could work to simulate a stream of water.

Can it be done?

sanam

Re:Water cannons
« Reply #1 on: 15 Nov 2003, 05:49:00 »
Here's another Brusseleer, let's build up on Torak idea:

Sorry I don't have the ultimate solution nor still living in Brussels anymore

What about drawing a specific huge "zaleh" with transparency and so on to represent the water ?

High rate of fire to have the water "animate" a bit

low damage ammo not to hurt.

well, finely tuned CPP I guess. ???

Anyway, how do we get the push-back effect ?

Good Idea tough, 'cause this stuff, in the sreet of Brussels, looks quite terrifying, I must say. Dark Blue, huge tyres, plain thick metal, Anti-bullets windshields...

Would be perfect with Gimbal Tossers and his anti-demonstators units.

KyleSarnik

« Reply #2 on: 15 Nov 2003, 06:05:57 »
Torak's idea would work alot better, but you would have to make it look like water, and maybe make it explosive, and have a custom exlposion (think it can be done) that looks like water hitting the ground

Torak

« Reply #3 on: 15 Nov 2003, 11:13:11 »
That's what I was thinking.

Anyway, nice to someone else has seen these things - impressive buggers, aren't they? The black marias are pretty vicious, too, and I saw the Rijkswacht driving something very similar to a BRDM a week ago...

Torak

« Reply #4 on: 16 Nov 2003, 15:14:33 »
Kyle, as far as custom explosions are concerned, I was thinking something along those lines.

Anyone reckon they'd be able to make this thing? I can probably make the basic mesh for the vehicle itself, but I have no idea how to make it work as an addon.

swift88

« Reply #5 on: 16 Nov 2003, 17:12:39 »
maybe you could have and effect like when you fire a gun in ofp a muzzle flash is seen......... well you could replace that with a water effect however it would be constantly flashing so may seem crap

KyleSarnik

« Reply #6 on: 16 Nov 2003, 19:55:46 »
It wouldnt "flow" that way, but maybe the drop command could be usefull, use a fired eventhandler and nearestobject to get the bullet, and just drop some water particles where it is...

Torak

« Reply #7 on: 16 Nov 2003, 22:47:16 »
So, you reckon anyone could make it? I'm totally incompetent in such matters, but I want one to play with... ;D

Torak

« Reply #8 on: 19 Nov 2003, 15:23:37 »
Does this mean nobody's going to make me a water cannon truck? :'(

Oooh, or CS... or a complete western european police set...

sneaky6

« Reply #9 on: 21 Nov 2003, 15:46:03 »
Torak,
Hi Im Joint Project leader at OFP Generations.  We have plans to make a WW2 Static Fire truck for our Battle Of Britain..  But I guess if some1 new how to config it to fire water the project could be turned around with the config in place to a water cannon feature, All it might need is a new body shell..  But hey this is some way off,... But worth looking into

Torak

« Reply #10 on: 22 Nov 2003, 12:46:03 »
Sounds interesting... got a site?

Drozdov

« Reply #11 on: 30 Dec 2003, 02:10:07 »
I like the idea of a water cannon... I still remember the pictures of drunken English football fans being blown down the street by the Belgian police during Euro 2000. Bet that sobered them up...

You could maybe use one of the explosion effects - some explosions blast people around, though it's generally in an upwards direction. Maybe something like the explosive rounds of a BMP-2.

Sniper_Kyle

« Reply #12 on: 21 Jan 2004, 00:02:10 »
HASNT ANY1 SEEN A FLAMETHROWER ADDON FOR OFP BY LIKE WW2EC or SUPTIN ??? All you have to do is change the color of the drop command used and decrease the damage done!  (Umm Also You might want to discard of the sticking to objects script they sometimes use.)

Pleased to help ya,
         Sniper_Kyle ;D