Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Request to Reviewing Staff  (Read 2080 times)

Offline Vortrog

• Members
  • Ski'in, Fish'in, Shoot'in, OFP'in
    • Vortrog's Lair
Request to Reviewing Staff
« on: 13 Nov 2003, 01:55:05 »
Hello guys (Anmac and Artak)
I noticed you finally reviewed my Coop mission "Op.Thunderbolt" however in fairness to the public and the reviewer, I owe a apology for the ending of the mission.
So, I have attached the near final installment of Op.Thunderbolt_V5 for your consideration, with a heap of fixes and minor improvements. These include:
- Added MM1 soldier
- Changed start location and added 'paddock basher' left by resistance with a couple of rounds of ammo in the boot
- Improved hind AI to provide close air patrol to convoy
- Improved Tank AI to now support town if the battle goes against soviets
- Added Kegetys spectator script (thanks Kegety!) so respawn is in spectator mode once all respawns are dead

Can you upgrade the download to uprev this mission to this current version please?
I should note, one final version will be done over the next month, inclusive of sounds and a better ending camera script. But dont wait for it.

Thanks again for the review

Offline Artak

• The old beanbag shaker
  • Former Staff
  • You want to talk about it, yes?
    • OFP Team Finlanders
A how-to on updating missions
« Reply #1 on: 14 Nov 2003, 11:32:32 »
Hello Vortrog and all,

I don't want to sound rude, but you can update your own missions. This is actually a feature that's been in use for quite some time now. Maybe we'll need a quick how-to on the updating process.
Here's what you do.

After logging in on the site or forums (if not 'always logged in' selected) go to the missions depot. Search for the mission you want to update. Note that you can update only your own missions.

Look at the right hand side of your mission overview field. If you're logged in and the owner of the mission there should be a small button like this
Click on the 'modify'-button and a new window will open.
Scroll down the window and you'll see where the file can be replaced. It looks like this.

Check the 'replace file'-box and a text field under it becomes visible. Click on 'browse' ('selaa' in the picture above). Find and select your new mission.zip from your harddrive and click 'ok'.
Then click the 'Replace'-button and the old file should be replace with the new one you just selected.

Easy as pie. Mmmmm..
* Artak goes get some pie
« Last Edit: 14 Nov 2003, 16:01:15 by Artak »
Not all is lost.

Torak

Re:Request to Reviewing Staff
« Reply #2 on: 14 Nov 2003, 12:26:42 »
Might I just add for reference that some browsers have trouble with this sort of uploads; my installation of IE, for instance, flatly refuses to allow it. Just so you know - maybe he's got a similar problem?

deaddog

« Reply #3 on: 14 Nov 2003, 15:00:39 »
Look at the right hand side of your mission overview field. If you're logged in and the owner of the mission there should be a small button like this

He may not get this button.  I don't on my own mission.

Offline Artak

• The old beanbag shaker
  • Former Staff
  • You want to talk about it, yes?
    • OFP Team Finlanders
« Reply #4 on: 14 Nov 2003, 16:02:38 »
Hmm.. that's odd. I'm pretty sure that's how the system is supposed to work though.

We'll need an Admin in here asap  :D
Not all is lost.

Offline Noon416

• Old Bugger
  • Former Staff
« Reply #5 on: 14 Nov 2003, 22:40:32 »
Torak: What version of IE are you running, and what happens (or doesn't) when you try

Deaddog: Are you logged in at the time? If so, can you attach a small screenshot of what you see in your mission please.

Thanks all.
"If a man talks in the woods and no woman hears him, is he still wrong?"

deaddog

« Reply #6 on: 14 Nov 2003, 23:11:56 »
Here is a rather low quality screen shot.  Had to get it under 50K :)

Torak

« Reply #7 on: 14 Nov 2003, 23:32:56 »
Torak: What version of IE are you running, and what happens (or doesn't) when you try

I haven't tried the OFPEC one, but any other upload forms have simply failed to do anything. They essentially just refresh the page, although they sometimes see fit to present me with my very own 404 page... ;)

Running IE6, but mostly using NS7 these days since IE has decided it doesn't like forms, ASP, or anything on an HTTPS server. It won't even let me run Windows Update, so I can't get DirectX 9 installed until I've reformatted and reinstalled...

Offline toadlife

• OFPEC Old Skool
  • Former Staff
  • Official OFP Editing Center Toad
    • toadlife.net
« Reply #8 on: 16 Nov 2003, 00:57:02 »
IE has decided it doesn't like forms, ASP, or anything on an HTTPS server. It won't even let me run Windows Update, so I can't get DirectX 9 installed until I've reformatted and reinstalled...

There is something majory wrong with you OS if these things don't work. IE is part of windows so if it isn't working properly, a complete reinstall is sometimes the only way to fix.  >:( :( :o
"Whenever you want information on the 'net, don't ask a question; just post a wrong answer." -- Cancer Omega.