Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: BAYONET/MACHETTE  (Read 5261 times)

Torak

Re:BAYONET/MACHETTE
« Reply #15 on: 30 Oct 2003, 01:23:33 »
Agreed, the .22LR is a nice round to fire, but I wouldn't trust its power and accuracy over long ranges. A .22 WMR or Hornet perhaps, but overall I far prefer the 5.56mm/.223 round.

gundam007

« Reply #16 on: 30 Oct 2003, 03:51:45 »
only amateurs slit throats... that makes noise and a bloody mess... a stab to the base of the skull (hits the medula oblongata) is the right way

Torak

« Reply #17 on: 30 Oct 2003, 11:49:35 »
Precisely, which is one of the methods I suggested above:

I have to agree with much of that, but most people don't have the training to kill silently with knives, which is what I meant. There are, of course, ways of killing silently; through the occipital region of the cranium, by shattering the C5 cervical vertebra, up through the gap in the mandible, or by severing the jugular vein by cutting along the sternomastoid. Or, of course, by severing the spinal cord from the front by stabbing through the pit just by the clavicle.

It actually goes through the gap just beside the occipital bone, but still. But some sort of spike would be more effective.

Incidentally, that method of killing is shown in quite gruesome detail in the film "Förebudet", published by the Swedish military back in the eighties.

Bucket man

« Reply #18 on: 30 Oct 2003, 13:42:23 »
A shot in the head is not a quaranteed kill. I read about finnish soldier who was shot by a russian officer. Russians were attacking and this officer jumped in to the trench and shot that finnish man with a pistol from point blank range.
The bullet went between his brain halves and stopped in the back of his head. He woke up in a field hospital and had nothing wrong with him but a bad headache.  :o
Doctors were amazed of his luck.

Thats why in a real word snipers never shoot in the forehead unlike in the movies.

Mr_Shady

« Reply #19 on: 30 Oct 2003, 14:33:32 »
Apparently, the bog-standard .22 round is a very good for close-in, stealthy work. Weapons that use it are inherently quiet, and if you hit someone in the back of the head at short to close range, the round'll go through their skull, pass through the brain, but won't go out the front, instead coming back into the brain and making a nice old mess of their grey matter.

Offline wired

• Members
  • Explosion Scripter for the [unsung] mod!!!
« Reply #20 on: 30 Oct 2003, 21:32:51 »
ok so a machette is out of the question. but what about a bayonette? it could be put on the end of a gun, like the m16 mortar, but requires u to drive it into sum unluky persons chest. So far every1 has been talkin about a machette in this thread when the thread is called "BAYONETTE/MACHETTE"!

:booty: :booty: :booty: :booty: :booty: :booty: :booty: :booty:

he he he!

wired
« Last Edit: 30 Oct 2003, 21:33:17 by wired »
We have a problem at 'Oscar-Charlie 2-7' do you read me? Well its that guy with the RPG!

Josef

« Reply #21 on: 31 Oct 2003, 18:51:16 »
A bayonet that could be detatched would be ideal...

ITS CRED; ITS COOL!

And its multi use...

Perhaps in Ofp2, it could be included...

***Its great In BF1942, I use the thrown knife often...

m21man

« Reply #22 on: 31 Oct 2003, 19:57:04 »
The Mortar animation could be used for putting the bayonet on the rifle.

Offline wired

• Members
« Reply #23 on: 31 Oct 2003, 23:49:16 »
but the question is.............is it possible in ofp1?
it probably will be in ofp2 but thats been delayed to 2005 at least so thats a good two years away. CAN IT BE POS IN OFP?
 ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ???
 wired
We have a problem at 'Oscar-Charlie 2-7' do you read me? Well its that guy with the RPG!

gundam007

« Reply #24 on: 07 Nov 2003, 02:50:51 »
oh... i got my medula oblongata technique from Without Remorse, an excellent novel by Tom Clancy, revealing the origins of John Clark

Torak

« Reply #25 on: 07 Nov 2003, 11:25:31 »
Yeah, don't rely blindly on his books; a lot of it is accurate, but bits are entirely fictional. The thing about stabbing the medulla through the occipital bone is absolutely correct, though.

I got an email from Clancy once, actually, following a conversation about the MP5/10, which of course ends up in his books as the MP-10. Turns out that the FBI have their own internal designation (much like the US military calls the Minimi the M249, while the Swedes call it Ksp90), calling it the MP-10, so it's not entirely wrong.

Josef

« Reply #26 on: 09 Nov 2003, 12:11:39 »
To make it happen, you would need custom anims...

You could config the weapons to use the pistiol slot, make a unit(Spetznaz;D) With a custom anim for holding and using the pistol...

Then, you would config the pistol to fire s LARGE grenade shell, that is invisible...

It would have limited range, and dammage as an ordinary ehell that does not explode...

DBR_ONIX

« Reply #27 on: 19 Nov 2003, 23:27:41 »
Um, its not easy to cut someone through (Read Bravo Two zero, Andy McNab), it take a few people to jump down on someone, stop them fom shouting, and hack at the neck with the knife... Messy... Not always silent...

- Ben

Torak

« Reply #28 on: 20 Nov 2003, 00:50:04 »
Absolutely correct, as I think we may have covered once or twice already... ;D

Offline wired

• Members
« Reply #29 on: 20 Nov 2003, 18:03:46 »
Whats the matter wid gore?
What u think that if u slit someones throat they'll get up and mop up the blood?
G   E   T         R   E   A   L
More blood
More gore
Better ofp
 ;D ;D ;D