Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Scope ideas  (Read 577 times)

Teryan

Scope ideas
« on: 22 Oct 2003, 05:37:35 »
I never liked how you could see the glass of the scope to be a reflection of a tree or something.  So I was thinking that with the alpha channel (it is white is't it?)  we could change it so that you could see in/thur the scope.  So we put a alpha channel on one end of the scope and one on the other.  Yes there will need to be two sides to the polygons so you dont see thru the side of the scope.  But most scope you can't just look thru them, you half to be up close.  So I was thinking of a second alpha chanel that reflects the color of the glass (some are blue, some green, most just clear and on the inside it is black) so it does not look corney.
(check the attached image)

I had another idea about NV systems on rifles, since they give off a green glow, why not have a green light on eye peace for it?  Or you could do a light with some glass covering it.  Something like that.
(check the attached image)

I would do it my self, but I never got 02 to work.  So I made a model in MilkShape and saved it as half-life model (it's an m-40a3.  Can attack anoter pic if wanted).  If someone would be willing to convert from h/l to OFP and do the required 02 stuff for it (texturing {might no half to do this}, lods, basic .cpp {I would do the rest of this}, light, alpha channel, etc) I would gladley send them the model if they would please do it.