Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: turn off the light  (Read 1922 times)

thubba

turn off the light
« on: 21 Aug 2002, 03:46:54 »
hi folks...

sorry, me again.

Is is possible to turn of the light in a included building ?

(object #) inflame true won't work (semms only to work with selfmade light sources. also some action command tries failed. I cannot even switch the light of "by hand". But all Dolina is dark and only that peasant where I stationed my forces left his light on :-(

so HOW can I turn the light of ready made buildings on and off ???

thanx 4 comments, mike.

mikeb

Re:turn off the light
« Reply #1 on: 21 Aug 2002, 04:39:19 »
Prior to Resistance I know that you could use the nearest object command but if you have Res you can use the following

(object #) switchlight "?"

values for ? are ON, OFF, and AUTO.  If you have Res you can also use the object ID button to get the object number.

I hope this is what you were after!

mikeb

« Reply #2 on: 21 Aug 2002, 04:48:23 »
Just saw your other post and obviously you do have Res and know about the object ID button etc!!

In that case switchlight is definitely the command you need to use.

thubba

« Reply #3 on: 21 Aug 2002, 12:31:08 »
well, thanx..
this did just fine...

surprisingly fine, as I almost lost hope, as moving all the away resulted in a plain lighbow 180 cm above ground without an object ID :-)

thanx...

cya&bfn, mike...

mikeb

« Reply #4 on: 21 Aug 2002, 14:19:48 »
No problem.

However, if you're doing a mission where the lights come back on later then you may see something quite weird.  Sometimes the light will come back on put the lampost will have completely disappeared!

Got no idea why this is.  Of course if you have the KEG editor addon you can just place a new lampost.

This sort of thing works great for black Ops sneaking into a base at night and finding out it's actually a trap as the lights suddenly blind him and he's completely surrounded by enemy forces! (breath) nice...