Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: A Bosnian Campaign - Behind Enemy Lines??  (Read 1537 times)

CPT Rooster

A Bosnian Campaign - Behind Enemy Lines??
« on: 12 Oct 2003, 00:15:07 »
I was watching the movie "Behind Enemy Lines" the other day (decent movie, but poorly casted lead role) and I thought a Bosnian Campaign would be pretty cool. I would like to make an island with the same features and images in the movie.

My favorites are images like the statue on top of a mountain, the giant granite sickle and hammer monoliths, burned out major cities with antipersonel mines around them, mountains, valleys and lakes covered in snow and forests.

Could have a downed NATO pilot rescue as one of the missions. The campaign can take place with scenes of uncovered ethnic cleansing sites and sporadic radical serb fighting. Based on real life places and events in the former Yugoslavia. Could be an interesting campaign....  What do you all think about it?

Kaliyuga

Re:A Bosnian Campaign - Behind Enemy Lines??
« Reply #1 on: 12 Oct 2003, 00:42:51 »
I thought a Bosnian Campaign would be pretty cool. . Based on real life places and events in the former Yugoslavia. Could be an interesting campaign....  What do you all think about it?

Sounds like one of the storylines from OFP2, but hey if it's well made everyone would probably play it , and since OFP2 ain't coming out any time real soon now you could probably get it finished before it comes out.  

:cheers:

Strelac

« Reply #2 on: 12 Oct 2003, 00:44:58 »
i was just going on to ask the same thing. ive been thinking about making something like that. not a mod or anything but a few missions is what i had in mind. my idea was to have, say, 2 vukovar missions that are identical in every way except in each one you can choose to play as a serbian soldier or a croatian one. same goes for other missions with three options of muslim croat or serb. perhaps un?

the UCE models for the bosnian serbs, chetniks, and yugoslav troops coming in from serbia itself are perfect for this. im actually amazed that someone actually did the research to make chetnik units. however the problem i am running into is that i have been looking for about a month EVERYWHERE to find muslim and croatian add-ons but they are nowhere to be found. i find it hard to believe that no one has thought of making these soldiers seeing as bosnia was probably the most talked about and widely publicized war of the 90's. im sure they exist somewhere but i cant find them.

can someone help me out with this and tell me where i could find these addons? i would be EXTREMELY grateful.

max_killer_payne

« Reply #3 on: 12 Oct 2003, 20:07:55 »
you can find some decent Serbian addons on this site, under the UCE tag

BronzeEagle

« Reply #4 on: 17 Oct 2003, 23:34:54 »
Just a tip, but I'd use the island Chechnia (Ichkeria) for this idea.  

Torak

« Reply #5 on: 18 Oct 2003, 12:17:06 »
I was watching the movie "Behind Enemy Lines" the other day (decent movie, but poorly casted lead role)

Agreed, it's a good film - as long as you see it purely as entertainment and don't expect anything at all in the way of factual accuracy. Because there's none whatsoever. ;D