Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Fliper's M4 Carbine  (Read 10363 times)

Beeny

Fliper's M4 Carbine
« on: 21 Aug 2002, 03:16:10 »
You know the first pack was great, and the masterkey was excellent too, but i was just wondering when the legend Fliper was going to release the second pack of M4's, the ones i believe have the reflex sight. Is there any other news on this Fliper? I can't wait for this addon, it's excellent...  ;D

Bomberman

Re:Fliper's M4 Carbine
« Reply #1 on: 21 Aug 2002, 06:52:14 »
i just wish he would hurry up with the other packs :P

_hammy_

« Reply #2 on: 21 Aug 2002, 07:02:19 »
dude, dont rush him....

Offline Jackal326

• Former Staff
  • SJB Addons
    • SJB Addons
« Reply #3 on: 22 Aug 2002, 01:23:59 »
Yeah, modelling is a painful process and couple that with Config.cpp writing and you have a hard task ahead. Anyone that has ever made an addon will know it can be hard to get every last ; or { in place. So dont rush the man. He will come through for us.  ;)
"...if someone did that to me, I'd smash their head in, I'd stab them, shoot 'em and push 'em off a roof!" - Dutch Wagenbach

Gunship

« Reply #4 on: 22 Aug 2002, 20:44:50 »
M4A1 Pack 2 is allready in work, a new M4A1 Pack 1 Version is also coming soon!

PunkerSXDX

« Reply #5 on: 22 Aug 2002, 21:26:29 »
Ya Cant Rush Art!

FlipeR

« Reply #6 on: 23 Aug 2002, 01:56:12 »
Sorry guys - I'm very busy with this thingie: http://www.ofpec.com/yabbse/index.php?board=16;action=display;threadid=79

But dont worry, the updated bug-free M4A1 Pack1 (V.2.1) and the M4A1 Pack2 (V.1.0) are close to release....

FlipeR

SEAL84

« Reply #7 on: 24 Aug 2002, 21:00:32 »
Lemme just say that your Masterkey is the sole greatest piece of OFP weaponry ever released.

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Offline madmedic

• Members
  • You can run.....But you'll just die tired.
« Reply #8 on: 25 Aug 2002, 10:41:36 »
I have to agree, Fliper's M4s are AWESOME...
One thing I would like to see improved though, is the textures on the LEFT side of the rifle...(it should only have an ejection port on the RIGHT side)   ;)

FlipeR

« Reply #9 on: 25 Aug 2002, 12:01:17 »
Are you sure the ejection port isn't on the left side? Any photos would be appreciated!

FlipeR

Chomps

« Reply #10 on: 25 Aug 2002, 15:25:54 »
Okay, I have never seen a real suppressed M4, so just asking, would the muzzle flash be any smaller on the suppressed version?  Because both seem to be the same size in your pack, which I am totally fine with if that is how it is supposed to be.

Offline KTottE

• Former Staff
« Reply #11 on: 25 Aug 2002, 15:40:46 »
Okay, just to clear a few things up.
In real life, muzzle flashes are extremely rare. It's only in the movies that each shot fired generates a huge muzzle flash.
To make it the most realistic, you should leave the muzzle flashes out completely.
"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming 'WOW What a Ride!'"

FlipeR

« Reply #12 on: 25 Aug 2002, 15:54:48 »
Uhhh!! KTottE! Are you completely sure about your claim?! I mean, I know the muzzle flashes are not always the same size and intensity (and indeed OFP simulates this effect!), but making a riffle without a muzzle flash - that totaly unrealistic!!!

Chomps: I have a text, describing actual firing of an M4 with a tactical m4 supressor mounted and there was stated that the muzzle flash was either very small or almost invisible! And thats how I made it on my M4A1s!

FlipeR

Offline KTottE

• Former Staff
« Reply #13 on: 25 Aug 2002, 16:09:50 »
I won't say anything about the size of the muzzle flash. I was just saying that in the movies you have 2 meter muzzle flashes coming out of tiny handguns. That will not ever happen under any circumstances.

And it is a fact that muzzle flashes are very rare.
Not nearly every shot fired produces a muzzle flash.
It has to do with gunpowder residues in the barrel of the gun. Those are ignited and sends out a muzzle flash.
It's different for different weapons, but since OFP is either all or nothing (Muzzle flash all the time, or no muzzle flash at all) my suggestion is no muzzle flash at all.

The reason you see huge muzzle flashes in the movies is because of the blank shots they use.
"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming 'WOW What a Ride!'"

Offline madmedic

• Members
  • You can run.....But you'll just die tired.
« Reply #14 on: 25 Aug 2002, 21:45:24 »
Are you sure the ejection port isn't on the left side? Any photos would be appreciated!

FlipeR

As a matter of fact,... I happen to be a firearms collector, and ...I hapen to own an AR 15 that is in M4 configuration (along with several AK47 variants, FN FALs, and AR 15s in M16A2 configuratoin, amoung others.
Here are pics of the AR in M4 config. (except for the fact that I have a 16" heavy barrel on it, instead of a 14" with the cutouts for an M230 grenade launcher).

here is the LEFT side :

here is a shot from the LEFT REAR :

here is a shot from a different pic hosting site,...let me know if it looks better than the others.

I would be happy to post any other pics from my collection if they might help texture some nice rifle addons (it would be kinda cool to see MY RIFLES in Operation Flashpoint  ;D ...
if you would like some close ups of any parts of any of my stuff...let me know.
« Last Edit: 25 Aug 2002, 21:52:04 by madmedic »