Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Betrayal Campaign  (Read 4844 times)

Offline Pathy

• Former Staff
  • I'm not a F***in llama!
    • Volcbat.
Re:Betrayal Campaign
« Reply #30 on: 29 Sep 2003, 20:51:53 »
Hey sounds like a good idea but as has everyone else i spotted a few flaws.

Ok flaw number one, if your soldier shoots a civvy on a mission, sure its murder, but there will be an investigation, ect, and he wont get the armoury post....however if he doesnt get the armoury post he isnt going to know about the conspiracy, and is just gonna get court marshalled or something...in which case there is no action.

Two, even if his mates find out, how do they find out?

Three, its easier to kill someone than to frame them in a combat situation....in combat, its chaos, its hard to tell whos doing what....so the framing would be hard to make definate....however, if one of the soldiers were to pick up an enemy weapon.....

Anyway, i think it'd make far more sense to frame him as a murderer outside of an op....still have an intro op, maybe where you get told your promoted for your actions, or maybe even you screw up the op and get reassigned to a non combat post for your sins (like the anti-hero theme?), ie the armoury. Assuming that your a bum soldier because of this, they hint about you to join their scheme...when you go to turn them in...ok imm stopping i got a good twist and i dont want it broadcast...ill PM it

Offline KJAM

• Contributing Member
  • Why Me, Whats it For?
    • Nightstalker mod
« Reply #31 on: 29 Sep 2003, 21:49:35 »
thanks for that input, it sure will help , i cant promise all of it will be in the campaign but at least some partsof it will

as i stated before ihadnt made my mind up how you were going to be framed, knowing me its gonna be something quite complex lol
the people who know about this are
(i.e the people who ar the main conspirators of the black market deals)
1. big man (cant decide rank yet lol)
2. Your Lt.
3. His Sarge

thats the only 3 men who know completely whats going on, the rest, only have some brief details and some, have no clue at all as to whats going on
they just do what they are told.

as for the story im planning on writing a lot of reading material that if int he missions and such would just make it boring etc lol.

and as for your mates finding out well........im working on it lol, im basicaly almost making this up as i go along......as well as having input from you guys lol, reading a lot of books about loads of stuff (most not even military) and getting ideas from there

GrimMonkey

« Reply #32 on: 30 Sep 2003, 00:53:47 »
im working on it lol, im basicaly almost making this up as i go along
Me too on my campaign lol :)
Do you want me to put you in mine (Delta Ranger or something)?
If so, don't bother with voice acting, I don't know how :P.

Did you get my info? I keep thinking something has gone horribly wrong when I don't get feedback (nasty habit ;)).

Beware the GrimMonkey