Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Betrayal Campaign  (Read 4831 times)

Offline KJAM

• Contributing Member
  • Why Me, Whats it For?
    • Nightstalker mod
Betrayal Campaign
« on: 24 Sep 2003, 17:21:31 »
The Story
You Are a soldier, a very good one who is about to be promoted and with the promotion comes more respsonsibility and more knowledge of goings on in the Army.
Unfortunately there are several people who would do anything to stop you being promoted, because you would find out about them taking the odd gun and ammo box from a nearby Armoury and putting it up for sale on the Black Market.
So Before you are promoted, you are sent on one last mission, to Capture a town, while on that mission the people who are involved in the Black Market deals come up with a plan to frame you.

You are then arrested and are on your way to a Port to be sent to another island to the Court Martial.

thats  just a brief intro to what the Campaign is about, thats the storyline of mission 1 and part of mission 2
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Addon Section
right......ive started work on the "jailbreak" mission, which will be mission number 2 and ill now put a list of addons i will use and addons i may use
a lot of these addons will not only be required for them 1 mission but the whole campaign

things have changed slightly witht he island im having the mission on

Addons i HAVE Used
Addons im THINKING about using (but need to think of ways that i can use them to make it worth being in the mission, and indeed in the campaign)

• Some of PhilCommano's Boats (there are several of them)
  • The Everon Cartel's Gunboat and maybe the Safe for a later mission

as for others, im just browsing through the many addons ive got (over 220 ;D lol) so if i see something thats worth being in there and i can make it work being in the mission/campaign ill post it here

NOTE: ** means that it is required to run the Trinity V 2.
    It Will Also Have a Few tracks of music, mostly reflecting how the main person (you) feels
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Mission Ideas
  • Capture the Town (mission 1 in campaign)

A Basic Capture the town mission nothing special...well in the Outro you will get blamed for the death of a civilian and and up getting arrested to be court Martialled

• Escape and Evade (mission 2 in Campaign)

Some Of your old Army Buddies find out that you have been framed and ambush
the truck taking you to the Docks to be taken to another island for trial and imprisonment, you must then escape to a hidden camp your buddies have set up
-+-i am currently working on this mission and progress is going very well  just need now to do
  • The Intro
  • Win Outro (its practically impossible to loose this mission lol
  • Make the area's you travel through while on your way to the port seem a bit more life like and less empty-+-

some missions after this will be like (not in this order)

• Steal Documents
  • Raid Ammo Dumps (both east's and west's, as this campaign will play liek the Resistance one, where you have to capture ammo and weapons as you go, i would need some help on this bit ;D)
  • Kidnap the Bad Guys
  • Rescue Imprisoned Buddies
  • Ambush Convoys
« Last Edit: 28 Sep 2003, 16:13:40 by KJAM »

Drozdov

Re:Betrayal Campaign
« Reply #1 on: 24 Sep 2003, 18:12:49 »
and the guys who break you loose are wearing russian uniforms, to make it look like it wasnt a jail break, but just a regular ambush

What, so it's normal for Soviets to ambush Americans? Oh I see, they must already be at war...  ;)

Well, it's an interesting idea and to my knowledge quite original. But I think you'll need to come up with an extremely convincing reason for the character being framed. Why would they object to you being promoted? It's not as if you'll be replacing them; I'm not an expert on US military practices but I doubt they would replace an officer (unless they had shown incompetence) during a war situation with a soldier that had shown promise. Particularly since I assume your guy has had no officer training. If they were going to give you a commission they would be more likely to simply give you a new squad to handle, or maybe just wait until a post became vacant  ;) .

Your situation sounds kind of desperate to me. What is the ultimate aim of your little rebel group? Re-acceptance into the US army? I doubt they would take you back, especially after your friends killed your captors. And also by the sound of it you are fighting the Americans as well, which would mean that you've killed even more, many of them 'innocent' soldiers that had nothing to do with your framing. Combined with the fact that you're even suspected of defecting to the... *gasp* Communists (eeek!  :o ::)) , I doubt they'd be all that welcoming. They would regard you as a dangerous group and would probably stick you in jail or just kill you.

Offline KJAM

• Contributing Member
  • Why Me, Whats it For?
    • Nightstalker mod
« Reply #2 on: 24 Sep 2003, 18:25:16 »
Oh I see, they must already be at war
yup they are....lol

Why would they object to you being promoted? It's not as if you'll be replacing them.......

its not the WHOLE US military thats after framing you, its your Lt, his CO,and his most loyal soldiers, they arent too happy with how fast your moving up the ranks (maybe a bit of dodgy dealings going down i.e the Lt and His CO are selling off weapons to someone ( kinda like that new film) and they know that if you get to a higher rank, you will find out about their naughty car boot sales ;D lol. so they devise a plan to get rid of you

as for the proving your innocence part well, at the very least you'd want to get some revenge, and also getting the stuff to prove your innocence comes in handy later, but imkeeping that one a secret for when and if i make the capaign lol.

Drozdov

« Reply #3 on: 24 Sep 2003, 18:50:43 »
That's what I meant; you wouldn't be replacing your Lt. and CO unless they were discharged for being pish. You would more likely be given a different commission. Maybe one of our ex-army types can verify this...?

I think your idea about the 'dodgy dealings' could work. Maybe they could offer to let you in on their dealings and share the profits? Then your guy refuses, and they know they have to act soon before he exposes them. And thusly they come up with the framing plan...

mikeb

« Reply #4 on: 24 Sep 2003, 19:03:00 »
you don't need to be "replacing" the CO, etc to make them anxious.  They could just have noted that you are a good soldier and clever individual who has perhaps come across the "dodgy dealings" either by accident or being inquisitive.  The CO is then worried as you are rising up the ranks and have caught the attention of some other officers for your abilities - making it difficult for the guilty CO to dispose of you easily and calling for a more complicated plan - i.e. framing you for murder.

as for slodiers replacing officers.  v unlikely to happen unless the officer has acted with real incompetence.  under such circumstances the process is kwpt quite quiet.  Officer will be transferred for some reason or other and then the soldier will either be given a battle commission (i'm assuming it's wartime) or be acting commander until a replacement officer arrives.  Unlikely scenario but if you've seen episode 1 of band of brothers that is the most likely way that a serious need to replace the officer would be taken.  Making it too public would affect the soldier's respect towards officers.

Offline KJAM

• Contributing Member
  • Why Me, Whats it For?
    • Nightstalker mod
« Reply #5 on: 24 Sep 2003, 22:13:57 »
Maybe they could offer to let you in on their dealings and share the profits?

nah......they arent gonna risk the possibility that you refuse.....so they decide to get you imprisoned and once in prison one of their "associates" would kill you

and i never said that the soldier would replace the Lt. just that he was rising up the ranks too fast for the Lt's. and the other people involved in the dodgy dealings liking

Drozdov

« Reply #6 on: 26 Sep 2003, 17:14:15 »
Why do they care that you're being promoted too quickly? Seems a dodgy reason to shove you in jail and kill you...

You should have a mission in which a special forces team (would this type of job be in the range of the black ops?) are sent to arrest you at night in your camp. Unfortunately, since OFP isn't really meant for close fighting, it may not work out that well.

VipNatePimp

« Reply #7 on: 26 Sep 2003, 17:27:19 »
I thought taht the ending for the campiang would be kinda gay.. so heres my proposale if you wish. After killing the LT and his Cop you could go into hiding in the island... Having several misssions where you must find a hose contact etc and stow away for the night. At night time the US army ppl come and you must escape. Eventually you find a boat and escape form the isalnd and go to like MAlden to live happley ever after as a civilen lol idk this might work....

Offline KJAM

• Contributing Member
  • Why Me, Whats it For?
    • Nightstalker mod
« Reply #8 on: 26 Sep 2003, 17:32:59 »
well, up until you were getting promoted fast they were safe, no-one knew about your Lt. and his CO's Black Market Weaposn Dealings and they fear if you get promoted more you may find them out

and VipNate

ive got my own ending worked out lol, just keeping it secret for now

Drozdov

« Reply #9 on: 26 Sep 2003, 17:42:14 »
Why is a promoted soldier more likely to find out?

Offline KJAM

• Contributing Member
  • Why Me, Whats it For?
    • Nightstalker mod
« Reply #10 on: 26 Sep 2003, 18:57:39 »
erm.......because he just is lol

because he isnt on the side of the black Market dealer soldiers and  his next promotion would be the to armoury where they are getting the weapons from,and he (YOU) is a smart person and would put 2 and 2 together quite soon lol, and all the people who know the inventory of the armoury properly are on the payroll of the Naughty Lt. and his CO lol.

Iwesshome

« Reply #11 on: 26 Sep 2003, 20:06:52 »
When you move higher in rank you roles and responsibilities also increase

I think instead of being promoted at a fast rate, you are just promoted to a certain rank and then reassigned to this post to head up some department where then you come across this Black Market scheme.

This way seems to be more realistic...
« Last Edit: 26 Sep 2003, 20:10:40 by Iwesshome »

Offline KJAM

• Contributing Member
  • Why Me, Whats it For?
    • Nightstalker mod
« Reply #12 on: 26 Sep 2003, 20:38:26 »
its a good idea and thats really what i meant when i said climbing the ranks fast, the operation that you go on , the one you get framed in, is the last one before you are going to be promoted so the black market soldier people get you framed on that operation so you cant find out about the black market scheme they have going, but you do eventually end up raiding that very same armoury and find some documents that you can tell are forged

Offline KJAM

• Contributing Member
  • Why Me, Whats it For?
    • Nightstalker mod
« Reply #13 on: 26 Sep 2003, 21:38:22 »
the first post (which i call the main post)  is the one for updates and stuff relating to the missions and storyline, any other post by me is just replying to stuf people have said

MAIN  POST UPDATED

VipNatePimp

« Reply #14 on: 26 Sep 2003, 23:49:38 »
OK oK.. if you come through with your campaign... i wanna see what this "surpise" is lol :P

GrimMonkey

« Reply #15 on: 27 Sep 2003, 03:37:13 »
Why is a promoted soldier more likely to find out?
Because soldiers with higher ranks are liable for more access to higher classified files and have more perks, right?

Iwesshome is right about the responsibilities, thats for sure.

Pretty sweet idea for a campaign, you could make it have the 'Metal Gear Solid effect' (there's so much s**t going on that you don't know who your friends are and which side who's on) :), keep at it.

Beware the GrimMonkey

Offline KJAM

• Contributing Member
  • Why Me, Whats it For?
    • Nightstalker mod
« Reply #16 on: 27 Sep 2003, 16:55:54 »
Pretty sweet idea for a campaign

thanks lol,

now i need to figure out the weapon pool thingy cuz i want this to play liek resistance (you know , have to steal weapons etc)

and i also need some other help in other parts (look in the recruitment depot lol)

GrimMonkey

« Reply #17 on: 27 Sep 2003, 17:38:03 »
now i need to figure out the weapon pool thingy cuz i want this to play liek resistance (you know , have to steal weapons etc)

I never figured out how to use weaponpool, but I think I got the hang of weaponcargo. Example this addmagazinecargo [AK74, 5] AK74 is of course, the selected gun magazine type, and 5 is the magazines added from that gun. Hope it works.

Beware the GrimMonkey

Offline KJAM

• Contributing Member
  • Why Me, Whats it For?
    • Nightstalker mod
« Reply #18 on: 27 Sep 2003, 17:43:10 »
i know the ammocrate thingy lol but i really need te weaponpool thing too

oh anddoes anyone know how to detect if a unit pics up a weapon?

Offline KJAM

• Contributing Member
  • Why Me, Whats it For?
    • Nightstalker mod
« Reply #19 on: 27 Sep 2003, 20:45:02 »
alright some infortmation ha been re-writtern and updated i am currently working on Mission 2 "JailBreak"

mikeb

« Reply #20 on: 27 Sep 2003, 20:53:24 »
you can check if a unit has a certain weapon:

UNITNAME hasweapon "m16"

... for example.

Offline KJAM

• Contributing Member
  • Why Me, Whats it For?
    • Nightstalker mod
« Reply #21 on: 28 Sep 2003, 16:17:48 »
its been updated and the 2nd mission is going well ;D

Offline KJAM

• Contributing Member
  • Why Me, Whats it For?
    • Nightstalker mod
« Reply #22 on: 28 Sep 2003, 19:29:44 »
right guys, my brain has gone on a feeze and a need your help

if you want to star as one of 7 of the main NPC's in the Betrayal Campaign IM me with THE TOPIC as BETRAYAL NPC's and have these Details included in the IM

NAME (YOUR FULL REAL NAME)

WHICH DEFAULT OFP FACE IS CLOSEST TO LOOKING LIKE YOUR OWN

WHETHER OR NOT YOU HAVE GLASSES

probably the first 7 people to respond will get the parts, no voice acting required unless you want to do the voice acting.

Thanks, KJAM

GrimMonkey

« Reply #23 on: 28 Sep 2003, 20:08:29 »
Interested,

Do people send it private or right here?

Beware the GrimMonkey

Offline KJAM

• Contributing Member
  • Why Me, Whats it For?
    • Nightstalker mod
« Reply #24 on: 28 Sep 2003, 20:20:41 »
well i think IM is best , mainly to keep this post 99% on topic lol so if your interested just IM me with those details ok?

Drozdov

« Reply #25 on: 29 Sep 2003, 20:01:15 »
Why would you want us to do this?  ;)

mikeb

« Reply #26 on: 29 Sep 2003, 20:06:28 »
i'm sure he justs wants to include members of the OFPEC community in his mission as a little thank you and to make it a bit more personal.  nothing at all wrong with that.

of course i'm miserable and i hate everyone so i wouldn't do it.  >:(

;)

Offline KJAM

• Contributing Member
  • Why Me, Whats it For?
    • Nightstalker mod
« Reply #27 on: 29 Sep 2003, 20:12:38 »
yeah mike you got it in one lol, and also with all my college stuff the creative side of my brain isnt operating as it should be lol, oh and also , 3 more available slots for names are free lol, the "bad guys" names are what i need (hmm.......wouldnt it be funny if ti got the mods to submit thier names for it ;D LOL)

so all in all i need 6 more opec users real names, what default face looks most like them and if they have glasses or not, oh and droz i do hope you submit your name etc you'd be the 2nd in comman lol, and dont worry about the voice, if ya want a russian one you got it because i plan to include maybe 1 or 2 ex russian soldiers as the guys who join you lol

Drozdov

« Reply #28 on: 29 Sep 2003, 20:27:58 »
It would have been churlish for me to refuse your offer, so I've sent you a message. I don't mind doing voice acting if you want, but I don't have an American accent. I could put one on (I'm a decent impersonator!) but if you can find somebody with a native accent that'd probably be better.

Offline KJAM

• Contributing Member
  • Why Me, Whats it For?
    • Nightstalker mod
« Reply #29 on: 29 Sep 2003, 20:39:42 »
the NPC's wotn star much at first int he first two missions, maybe on intro/outro but later on each mission will have 1 or more of them who you have to keep alive or else the mission is failed

MEN ON YOUR SIDE
Free Slots left - 4

MEN WHO FRAMED YOU
Free Slots left - 3

no voice acting required,. that is unless you want to do it ;D

Offline Pathy

• Former Staff
  • I'm not a F***in llama!
    • Volcbat.
« Reply #30 on: 29 Sep 2003, 20:51:53 »
Hey sounds like a good idea but as has everyone else i spotted a few flaws.

Ok flaw number one, if your soldier shoots a civvy on a mission, sure its murder, but there will be an investigation, ect, and he wont get the armoury post....however if he doesnt get the armoury post he isnt going to know about the conspiracy, and is just gonna get court marshalled or something...in which case there is no action.

Two, even if his mates find out, how do they find out?

Three, its easier to kill someone than to frame them in a combat situation....in combat, its chaos, its hard to tell whos doing what....so the framing would be hard to make definate....however, if one of the soldiers were to pick up an enemy weapon.....

Anyway, i think it'd make far more sense to frame him as a murderer outside of an op....still have an intro op, maybe where you get told your promoted for your actions, or maybe even you screw up the op and get reassigned to a non combat post for your sins (like the anti-hero theme?), ie the armoury. Assuming that your a bum soldier because of this, they hint about you to join their scheme...when you go to turn them in...ok imm stopping i got a good twist and i dont want it broadcast...ill PM it

Offline KJAM

• Contributing Member
  • Why Me, Whats it For?
    • Nightstalker mod
« Reply #31 on: 29 Sep 2003, 21:49:35 »
thanks for that input, it sure will help , i cant promise all of it will be in the campaign but at least some partsof it will

as i stated before ihadnt made my mind up how you were going to be framed, knowing me its gonna be something quite complex lol
the people who know about this are
(i.e the people who ar the main conspirators of the black market deals)
1. big man (cant decide rank yet lol)
2. Your Lt.
3. His Sarge

thats the only 3 men who know completely whats going on, the rest, only have some brief details and some, have no clue at all as to whats going on
they just do what they are told.

as for the story im planning on writing a lot of reading material that if int he missions and such would just make it boring etc lol.

and as for your mates finding out well........im working on it lol, im basicaly almost making this up as i go along......as well as having input from you guys lol, reading a lot of books about loads of stuff (most not even military) and getting ideas from there

GrimMonkey

« Reply #32 on: 30 Sep 2003, 00:53:47 »
im working on it lol, im basicaly almost making this up as i go along
Me too on my campaign lol :)
Do you want me to put you in mine (Delta Ranger or something)?
If so, don't bother with voice acting, I don't know how :P.

Did you get my info? I keep thinking something has gone horribly wrong when I don't get feedback (nasty habit ;)).

Beware the GrimMonkey