Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: wtf addin 2 da FAQ ?  (Read 2118 times)

Offline LCD

• Former Staff
    • Everon Cartel
wtf addin 2 da FAQ ?
« on: 07 Sep 2003, 15:27:32 »
is it just me or can all users add things 2 da FAQ ? or mebe i was added 2 da staff w/o knowin ?  :o :wow:

LCD OUT

[edit] just checked it - it seems dat i got da option 2 add things 2 da FAQ - but i aint allowed 2 acces dat part of da forum (or at least dat wat it sayz  ::)) not dat i object 2 b OFPEC staff (alwayz wanted 2 c wat da MODs do in deir part of da forums  8)) but now its just st00pid thingy  :-X
« Last Edit: 07 Sep 2003, 15:32:58 by LCD »
"guess being the community has downsides .." - cheetah
Help Perfecting Da Next Best Thing - O-Team Beta

Offline dmakatra

• Members
  • Better known as Armsty
Re:wtf addin 2 da FAQ ?
« Reply #1 on: 07 Sep 2003, 15:40:41 »
Every1 can add to the FAQ, I've added to it once, but I forgot to write my name so it says that none submitted it ;D

Offline LCD

• Former Staff
    • Everon Cartel
« Reply #2 on: 07 Sep 2003, 15:46:26 »
No no no :P

i got now option 2 add enteries 2 da FAQ from da forum - i didnt have dat b4 (it looks like green arrow pointin on white diamond)

didnt have dat yesterday

LCD OUT

Offline Artak

• The old beanbag shaker
  • Former Staff
  • You want to talk about it, yes?
    • OFP Team Finlanders
« Reply #3 on: 07 Sep 2003, 15:47:13 »
If I remember correctly:

When the FAQ was established it was the editors depot's staffs responsibility to transfer solved topics to the FAQ.
After a while the responsibility was gently suggested to be on everyone in the staff.
And finally it was decided that anyone, even members, should be able to add to the FAQ, but when adding the entry goes as pending and an editors depot staffer needs to check it and unpend it.

Now, if I look at the pending FAQ entry list, it seems that members are indeed able to add an entry (there's some silly looking pending FAQ's in there). I'm thinking that snYpir has made a post about it in here somewhere.. can't remember exactly, so be critical to this post  ;)
Not all is lost.

Offline LCD

• Former Staff
    • Everon Cartel
« Reply #4 on: 07 Sep 2003, 15:53:57 »
(there's some silly looking pending FAQ's in there).

prooly mine ::)

cuz i just tested it on som st00pid thread from da comments part :P

but stil i didnt have dat option yesterday - so its somin from after snYpirs time - i think

but its stil kool dat we can add items 2 da FAQ if we can realy - cuz we stil get dat cant acces msg - mebe if dats tru change it 2 submited msg or somin ;)

LCD OUT

Offline Artak

• The old beanbag shaker
  • Former Staff
  • You want to talk about it, yes?
    • OFP Team Finlanders
« Reply #5 on: 07 Sep 2003, 15:56:57 »
http://www.ofpec.com/yabbse/index.php?board=3;action=display;threadid=3655;start=0
Here's the post from snYpir. It doesn't say anything about the green little arrow, seen by staff, though.. maybe you shouldn't see it afterall  ;D
Not all is lost.

Offline LCD

• Former Staff
    • Everon Cartel
« Reply #6 on: 07 Sep 2003, 16:00:02 »
All members can now add information to the Ed Depot FAQ by clicking on the Add to FAQ link above.

It is fairly straight forward, just fill in the boxes and click Add to FAQ.

Your submission will be marked as pending, and cleared by a member of the ed depot staff.

Once it is cleared, it will be accessable to all through the Search FAQ interface.

questions?

Please help the FAQ grow!

dats somin else completly :P

i was talkin bout dat green arrow :P

also is it just me or deres nothin bout lightin a fire in da FAQ ? or even bout makin soldiers sit down ? arnt dis r da most FAQed qs ;) :P

LCD OUT

Offline dmakatra

• Members
  • Better known as Armsty
« Reply #7 on: 07 Sep 2003, 19:32:39 »
I don't get that strange arrow... I added to the FAQ why the WPs didn't show up in preview. But I shouldn't add it though, cadet mode's for n00bs ;D

Offline LCD

• Former Staff
    • Everon Cartel
« Reply #8 on: 07 Sep 2003, 20:36:01 »
i do get it :P

also i got option 2 "show all solved threads"

:o

im getin staffed ::) :wow:

LCD OUT

max_killer_payne

« Reply #9 on: 07 Sep 2003, 21:44:38 »
No, LCD I've got it too!!  ;D on all the solved topics it has a green arrow going onto a white diamond and says

'Add to FAQ'

Edit: I just noticed at the bottom of the indexes of the categories at the bottom where it has the key, for hot/solved topics I have two new icons!! One is a smiley with an M16 and glasses holding the M16 up and next to it, it says 'Topic Entered In FAQ' and there is another one with a red smiley like this  ;D giving the finger with both hands and that says 'Topic passed over'
« Last Edit: 07 Sep 2003, 21:47:43 by max_killer_payne »

Mr.BoDean

« Reply #10 on: 07 Sep 2003, 21:59:55 »
^^^^  Yup. Ditto.  8)

Offline toadlife

• OFPEC Old Skool
  • Former Staff
  • Official OFP Editing Center Toad
    • toadlife.net
« Reply #11 on: 08 Sep 2003, 09:10:14 »
hrmmmm - it's supposed to only allow ed depot staffers add to the FAQ via the forum. When you click on the Green arrow, does everything work, or do you get errors?
"Whenever you want information on the 'net, don't ask a question; just post a wrong answer." -- Cancer Omega.

Offline toadlife

• OFPEC Old Skool
  • Former Staff
  • Official OFP Editing Center Toad
    • toadlife.net
« Reply #12 on: 08 Sep 2003, 11:08:08 »
Regular user should now NOT seee the green "add to FAQ" icons. If non-staff members still see them, let me know. Sorry for all of the errors I undoubtedly caused while uploading new versions of the code. :P
"Whenever you want information on the 'net, don't ask a question; just post a wrong answer." -- Cancer Omega.