Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: WireCutters  (Read 1873 times)

VisciousDog

WireCutters
« on: 04 Sep 2003, 03:52:35 »
I am making another Blackops mission and have built a wired fence around the enemy base. After I completed the Wired boundry, I realized of another problem. "How to get through, and possibly need wire cutters"

Has anyone made a add-on, "wirecutters"?
If so where?

or if a default BIS add-on. What is the code?
this addweapon "wirecutter"

Maybe asking for way to much here.
« Last Edit: 04 Sep 2003, 03:52:48 by VisciousDog »

Vyper

Re:WireCutters
« Reply #1 on: 05 Sep 2003, 23:04:41 »
no such luck...none been made....only way i ever do it is by running into it with a vehicle or a satchel charge.

or just say a black op team has gone ahead of you and made entrance at (insert location)...this will be your infil point

Vyper

VisciousDog

« Reply #2 on: 05 Sep 2003, 23:14:55 »
A satchel charge will alarm the base. I was also thinking of a Ice spray can. Where you spray Liquid Nitrogen onto the wired fence, turns to ice then push it out. Yeah, I guess no luck on either of these things.

GrimMonkey

« Reply #3 on: 06 Sep 2003, 01:05:22 »
If you have Editor Upgrade and Resistance, you can use the 'fence' and 'torn fence' or whatever and have torn replace the other. If you know how to put a line in the command box at the lower lef-hand side (i.e. box that has 'Drop M16' etc.) you can make it activate the switch.

*takes deep breath*

Did I leave anything out?
Did I at least explain it well enough to comprehend?

VisciousDog

« Reply #4 on: 06 Sep 2003, 01:35:11 »
lol...Yes, you explained enough.  Just thought if anyone is making Black-Ops (Marines, SAS, SEALS, JTF...etc..etc) to make wirecutters along with other weapons. Wait...oh man...need to make damage on fence to. Ah..nm...Thats ok...will find other ways for tactical engagments, for the mission.  Keeping fence around base. Using GrimMonkeys advice.
« Last Edit: 06 Sep 2003, 01:36:54 by VisciousDog »

Black Magic

« Reply #5 on: 06 Sep 2003, 03:06:47 »
Just use the addaction command and give the player a 'use wire cutter' option at a few various points which in the briefing you say are the best access points, which once activated would remove/relocate the fence section leaving a gap to move through. Easier said than done of course, but it works. ;D

Offline Terame

• Members
  • Nice one OFPEC
    • http://fantasyscifi.com/main/ fantasy scifi sci-fi
« Reply #6 on: 02 Oct 2003, 10:17:03 »
Just use the addaction command and give the player a 'use wire cutter' option at a few various points which in the briefing you say are the best access points, which once activated would remove/relocate the fence section leaving a gap to move through. Easier said than done of course, but it works. ;D

Sounds great Black Magic - wouldn't have an example mission by any chance? (fingers crossed)
You can travel to infinity though the endless passages of the cosmos. Even
better this belongs to you. This is your mind

swift88

« Reply #7 on: 02 Oct 2003, 12:07:08 »
dont you agree that the wire cutters will have to delete the whole piece of fence just deleting the object........... unless there is a certain area where there is a door action in the fence which looks like the fence has been pulled away and cut?

GrimMonkey

« Reply #8 on: 02 Oct 2003, 16:35:04 »
Isn't there a object called 'Torn Fence', wire fence with a big rip down the middle? You could delete the complete fence and replace it with this.

Beware the GrimMonkey

Homefry31464

« Reply #9 on: 02 Oct 2003, 22:46:40 »
Or a script that each fence object uses, detects if the player is near it, and adds the action. That is, unless empty objects can't run scripts.

Josef

« Reply #10 on: 09 Oct 2003, 21:46:18 »
In fences, INIT field:cutit = this addaction ["Cut fence","cut.sqs"]

In cut.sqs:
Fence setpos [getpos fence select 0, getpos fence select 1, (getpos fence select 2) +10000]

ruinedfence setpos [getpos ruinedfence select 0, getpos ruinedfence select 1, (getpos ruinedfence select 2) +0]

name the fence fence...

place a destroyed fence st the same location, but put this in the Init field:
this setpos [getpos this select 0, getpos this select 1, (getpos this select 2) +10000]

The ruined fence will start at 10000 altitude, and it will stay there until someone approach the fence, and cut it, even AIs can do this if you order them to...

this will only apply to a single fence section...unless you make a scrript and variables for every fence section...

Offline Blanco

• Former Staff
« Reply #11 on: 09 Oct 2003, 22:07:43 »
Or deletevehicle the intact fence & camcreate the torn...
Search or search or search before you ask.