Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Cutscene to Multiplayer  (Read 1236 times)

cheeba

Cutscene to Multiplayer
« on: 31 Aug 2003, 23:25:35 »
How do I link a cutscene to a Multiplayer mission..

Offline Terox

• Former Staff
  • Follow the Sappers!
    • zeus-community.net
Re:Cutscene to Multiplayer
« Reply #1 on: 01 Sep 2003, 00:26:25 »
what type of cutscene are you talking about, intro, outro, ???

You simply create the script that runs your cameras then if an intro type cutscene, run the file at the start of the mission from the init.sqs
or if an outro run it from the endgame trigger

If its a cutscene that is run when some event occurs, then have it run from a trigger when the triggers condition is met

I would not use "disableuserinput" as this often leads to clients being unable to regain control of their keyboard without a reboot even if you re-enable them with "disableuserinput false"
Zeus ARMA2 server IP = 77.74.193.124 :2302
Teamspeak IP = 77.74.193.123

mikeb

« Reply #2 on: 01 Sep 2003, 00:59:27 »
cheeba was having trouble that, apparently, the mission did not run directly after the intro cutscene had finished.  he had said it worked when he exported it to single missions but not as a MP mission.

I have never written a MP mission so thought this might be a MP problem.  why would the mission run on single player but not on MP?  is there a difference?

mikeb

« Reply #3 on: 01 Sep 2003, 01:58:51 »
hey cheeba.  sui just answered this on the other post.. in MP you can't have pre-briefing cutscenes.

bummer!!!

Offline Terox

• Former Staff
  • Follow the Sappers!
    • zeus-community.net
« Reply #4 on: 01 Sep 2003, 15:40:13 »
if you are talking about a proper intro, then no you cant have one in MP, we use cutscenes instead and then we have our mission scripts run at the end of the cutscene

The gametime starts right away though, so if your cutscene is say 40 seconds long, then when you actually start the mission you will be 40 secs into the game
Zeus ARMA2 server IP = 77.74.193.124 :2302
Teamspeak IP = 77.74.193.123