Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Electric guitar in OFP...not the other one  (Read 1836 times)

fragsta

Electric guitar in OFP...not the other one
« on: 23 Aug 2003, 14:31:54 »
TOPIC EDITED BY MODERATOR, KTottE

I thought that would get your attention! Now read my message and consider it!

I think it would be a good idea to make an electric guitar addon for cutscenes where there is a concert maybe, and someone ambushed it because a key government personell was there or something! And if you were using it and you clicked the mouse trigger it would make an eletric guitar sound. There could be lots of different ones, like a Strat and a Gibson or sumthin and sumone could make a Jagstang...mmm

Anyone Think they could do it?
« Last Edit: 24 Aug 2003, 15:02:26 by fragsta »

Mat Herben

Re:NAKED LADIES
« Reply #1 on: 24 Aug 2003, 00:14:35 »
U are a very mean person!

I was thinking about making a electrical guitar, but since I was so fooled by the Naked Ladies thread, I decided to cancel my project.

(Just kidding, I cant make addons,  :D ;D)

Captain Winters

« Reply #2 on: 24 Aug 2003, 02:53:14 »
I'm not ever speaking to you again. Although a naked ladies addon would be fun.

Pimpin in the Playboy mansion anyone?
Hey! There's A MOD Idea! Virtual PIMP!

Anyways, an electric guitar addon would be cool, if you could pull it off, all those sounds top program, riffs to record.... damn near impossiblew if you ask me

Tanks!  8)

PunkerSXDX

« Reply #3 on: 24 Aug 2003, 05:35:37 »
We had a thread like this a few months ago, nothing ever happended with it, someone had some models, but that was it... we could make the Playboy edition Gibson Les Paul, only 75 were made, and the list price is $7,000.  most pauls cost more than $1,000 any way... so I have a Strat... or two. Sorry I'm kind of a musician.
« Last Edit: 24 Aug 2003, 05:37:05 by PunkerSXDX »

KyleSarnik

« Reply #4 on: 24 Aug 2003, 07:31:04 »
If it were a "weapon" then you could have it play different sounds or songs by making different "magazines" that it can use...

Offline KJAM

• Contributing Member
  • Why Me, Whats it For?
    • Nightstalker mod
« Reply #5 on: 24 Aug 2003, 08:00:14 »
or, you could whack people with it :D

Offline KTottE

• Former Staff
« Reply #6 on: 24 Aug 2003, 09:35:03 »
Change the topic, now. Electric guitars are off as it is, but they could be used for atmosphere. Fooling people with the topic is, however, considered very uncool.

Change it or this thread will be locked.

edit
Right, edited the topic since you were too slow.
« Last Edit: 24 Aug 2003, 13:07:06 by KTottE »
"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming 'WOW What a Ride!'"

fragsta

Re:Electric guitar in OFP...not the other one
« Reply #7 on: 24 Aug 2003, 15:03:58 »
Soz, lol....just wanted ppls attention. I seriously  think it would be a good idea for an addon...not naked ladies....a guitar...but i cant make it cuz O2 wont work on my super amazin 2.66ghz 1gb ram 128mb ATi radeon 9600 graphics card computer for some reason!

Mr_Shady

« Reply #8 on: 24 Aug 2003, 18:41:39 »
Why would it be a good addon? I mean, it seems like one of those things you download, play around with, then get rid of or leave gathering dust in your addons folder. If you're that desperate to play with guitars, go to a music shop  ;)

fragsta

« Reply #9 on: 24 Aug 2003, 19:01:24 »
ive got a guitar, but i had an idea to make a mssion with a cutscene at the start where there is a concert thats invaded!

Vyper

« Reply #10 on: 26 Aug 2003, 00:07:55 »
Indeed....

Vyper

fragsta

« Reply #11 on: 26 Aug 2003, 00:26:48 »
hey i think it's a good idea, because it could be a concert where an official of the soviet union is visiting or something. Or the guitarist could be a russian spy in america! I dunno!

Mr_Shady

« Reply #12 on: 26 Aug 2003, 01:34:14 »
But to make a concert you'd need a stage, a PA setup, drums, mic stands, not to mention a lag-inducing big crowd... and is it really worth making all those addons just to make one cutscene?

fragsta

« Reply #13 on: 26 Aug 2003, 21:50:56 »
i dont get lag on this pc.... 2.66 ghz 1gb ram 128mb graphics.....ive 4gotten wot lag is....xcept online..... ::)

Kaliyuga

« Reply #14 on: 26 Aug 2003, 22:24:34 »
 Something like this?  (see attachment)

I hate texturing...  you give me textures and I'll throw it together if you really want me to  ;)