Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Help me design Duo Traps  (Read 2118 times)

Heners_UK

Help me design Duo Traps
« on: 16 Aug 2003, 18:48:37 »
Now comes the time when I need help designing new, exotic and vengeful ways to execute our groups whipping boy... Duo.

Now background on Duo. Duo is the simple most lunatic person you will ever encounter on the internet. His sayings resemble those of a 3 year old, he can be tempted like Judas and is generally piss taken from all sides. He absorbs this like no other. Nothing we seem to do diminishes his will to come back and annoy us, nor take our lashings of abuse in return.

Now the Duo trap:
The Duo trap is just that, a trap for Duo. It comprises of 2 parts
1. The bait. This must be some item that simply Duo cannot help but interact with. Upon him finding it, he will simply run to it and use it. Busses, bikes, AA guns we have just taken down, BMPs we dont need, unarmed clowncopters, anything that he simply cannot resist. This leads to 2.
2. The exectution (of Duo). This must be dramatic and have engaged in some futile, impossible attempt to save or prolong his life. An example can be found at http://www.heners.co.uk/opflash/screenshots/duotrap (not driven by Duo) where we rigged a bus "Speed" style. Once he went over 70, a bomb armed, when he went under 65, the bus was conclusivly destroyed, him included.

Now, what I need of you....

More ideas for semi hillarious ways of bringing his nieve person to a grizly death while providing maximum giggles for the rest of us. I can assure you he outright deserves this torture.

Heres some chatlog of how Chomps described a Duo trap if you dont get it and one idea:
[17:14:38] <Heners> Chomps
[17:14:48] <Chomps> Heners
[17:14:49] <Heners> I need you to summise the basic theory of a Duo Trap
[17:15:00] <Heners> How would you generally describe a Duo Trap?
[17:15:16] <Chomps> well there are two main parts
[17:15:20] <Chomps> 1. The bait
[17:15:28] <Chomps> 2. The execution (of Duo)
[17:15:29] <Heners> ok
[17:15:40] <Heners> 1. Bait, something too tempting not to be fucked with
[17:15:41] <Chomps> the bait is something that duo cannot resist
[17:15:47] <Chomps> precisely
[17:15:59] <Chomps> execution should be dramatic
[17:16:10] <Chomps> the next duotrap i have planned
[17:16:14] <Chomps> now dont tell duo about this
[17:16:21] <Chomps> is have some girls standing outside a church
[17:16:27] <shep> [pedro the lion - big trucks] [;0]
[17:16:29] <Chomps> but as soon as you approach them
[17:16:38] <Heners> hello AK47s
[17:16:41] <Chomps> they take out handguns and shoot you
[17:16:54] <Heners> better still
[17:17:02] <Heners> Have some girls there
[17:17:07] <Heners> But when you apparoach them
[17:17:16] <Heners> They die horribly and russian paras take their place
[17:17:23] <Chomps> or
[17:17:24] <Chomps> they explode

SheepOnMintSauce

Re:Help me design Duo Traps
« Reply #1 on: 16 Aug 2003, 20:08:48 »
Bike + Mines =  ;D

Offline KJAM

• Contributing Member
  • Why Me, Whats it For?
    • Nightstalker mod
« Reply #2 on: 16 Aug 2003, 22:04:36 »
erm, a light vehicle and SETVELOCITY and a very solid wall?

SheepOnMintSauce

« Reply #3 on: 17 Aug 2003, 08:53:54 »
Lol.  :D

Offline macguba

• Former Staff
    • macguba's operation flashpoint page
« Reply #4 on: 17 Aug 2003, 12:36:11 »
1)     I don't know if this will work in MP, but ... Find one of these very small offshore islands which can be reached from the mainland when the tide is out.   Put the bait on the island.    When he gets there, use the daytime command to change the time of day so that the tide comes in.     Depending on the particular island you can either drown him or leave him stranded there.

2)     Have something bizarre lying around ... say a bed in the middle of a street.    When he goes to look at it camCreate another bed 20 feet above his head and give him a hint "look up"

3)     He enters the town and meets a civilian.   When he sees the civvy there is a titletext conversation.   The civilian says "Whatever happens, do not enter the church."     If he enters the Church (as, from the sound of it, he is sure to do) a dozen women are setPossed into the church, armed with strokefist and with orders to beat him to death.

4)    Create a small circle of these small yellow danger signs.     Why is it dangerous in that circle?    There is nothing there.     (You could put a weapon or something inside the circle if you want to make it more attractive.)    He walks into the circle.    Nothing happens ... he's puzzled now, it's obviously a Duo trap but where's the kick?   He leaves the circle ... now he gets a hint "You have contracted the deadly leech virus".   Pause.    hint "You're in real trouble now."   Pause.    hint "Duo setdammage 0.1 and rising."    Pause.   hint "0.2" and so on.    Whether or not you actually apply the setdammage is of course another matter.  ;D

5)    Use a fast setpos loop to make it look like somebody has been lynched and is hanging from a tree (if you can make it work).    He approaches.     A helicopter flies in, swoops low over him and "catches" him on an invisible setpos string.    He is lifted, high into the air, dangling below the chopper which then flies to a nice position where everybody can see it.   Then it lets him go.    For added sadism you could let him fall for a bit then give him a parachute.... then take it away again.

6)   Have a handy boat.  Give it a flag if you can, to make it more attractive.   Once he is in or close to the boat, force him into the gunners seat.   Have the boat driven by a ghost (gamelogic) and take it out to sea and sink it.

7)     On a night mission, have a set of runway lights marking out a runway.    If he enters the area, the lights move towards him ... then you could just have them follow him for the rest of the mission... he would get killed a lot, being lit up.

8)    Leave a packet of ammo on the ground.    If he tries to pick it up a grenade explodes.     Have lots of them.   See how many times he will do it in one mission.

9)    There is a shopping trolley addon somewhere.   You can drive it like a vehicle.      There's no way he would be able to resist that.    A police jeep chases him and if he stops the police get out and shoot him.

Plenty of reviewed ArmA missions for you to play

Heners_UK

« Reply #5 on: 17 Aug 2003, 13:19:38 »
macguba has the idea!!!

The Church one sounds funny!

Heners_UK

« Reply #6 on: 17 Aug 2003, 13:38:39 »
Just how would one have civilians target ANY unit that entered the church (but not untill it does)?

EDIT: Found hunterkiller.zip whihc might do it, but keep suggesting
« Last Edit: 17 Aug 2003, 13:44:08 by Heners_UK »

silent1

« Reply #7 on: 18 Aug 2003, 00:04:12 »
1. Have a flag with Duo's side as texture...get him to walk to it. Change the texture to the enemy's and setpos a ring of them around  the flag...hint box with 3...2...1... Bye-bye Duo, then give them all ammo.

2. Place civvies in town centre, give them the animation that makes them appear dead. As Duo walks past them, line forms
behind him. Change time repetedly from day to night (or turn lights on and off).

Edit:

?(Duo distance _Unit <= 10): goto "womenAttack"

That sound OK?

« Last Edit: 18 Aug 2003, 00:06:59 by silent1 »

Heners_UK

« Reply #8 on: 18 Aug 2003, 02:08:32 »
Humm, can civilians be resurected? I.e. from dammage 1 to 0?

Offline KJAM

• Contributing Member
  • Why Me, Whats it For?
    • Nightstalker mod
« Reply #9 on: 18 Aug 2003, 06:58:54 »
how about, having a weapon but make it sound to him like he wil be invincible and can kill anything in one shot, but have no ammo for it and its a normal weapon, but dont tell him that

Heners_UK

« Reply #10 on: 18 Aug 2003, 13:20:04 »
Now you see, thats the sort of thing that just wouldnt work.  Gun that shoots him might be quite good, or one that shoots by itself.

SheepOnMintSauce

« Reply #11 on: 18 Aug 2003, 17:24:08 »
Humm, can civilians be resurected? I.e. from dammage 1 to 0?
Someone on here has made a post about zombies for a mission they're making, and that goes on about making zombies alive here. Also, I'm sure I read in a post on this forum which was about units looking dead with ta death animation without actually being dead. It should be about here somewhere.  ;D